Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Partner is bleeding and has stomach pains like a period.

(37 Posts)
iamgroucho Sat 18-May-13 01:27:27

Hi all,

My Partner is nearly 10 weeks pregnant, and this evening she has had stomach pains like those of a period, and has discharged a light bit of blood, not lots. She isn't in too much pain, its not quite as bad as a full on period, but it's still a bit worrying.

Should we be concerned or is this common?

Thanks

Dan

Growlithe Sun 19-May-13 00:47:10

So sorry Dan. Love to your partner and yourself. Take care.

MaMattoo Sun 19-May-13 00:49:54

Really sorry to hear about your loss. Please take care of yourself and your partner! thanks

iamgroucho Sun 19-May-13 01:05:43

Thanks for the kind words. We are both really upset, but we are trying to be as philosophical as possible.

I'm going to take some time off work to be with my partner for the next few days and make sure she is ok. The hospital were really good, and were happy that she was fit to leave, but we know she has to take it easy for a while. I will look at the miscarriage boards tomorrow.

Thanks

Dan

thistlelicker Sun 19-May-13 02:46:40

Sorry for
Your
Loss! Take the time
To grieve
For
Your baby! Lots and lots
Of hand holding
From me xthankssad

JennaRainbow Sun 19-May-13 05:57:12

So so sorry to hear that, hope you can both take time for yourselves now and just be together. Thinking of you both x

xigris Sun 19-May-13 06:26:48

Oh so sorry to hear that, Dan. Very sad news. Best wishes to you and your partner flowersbrew

Aoifebelle Sun 19-May-13 08:23:27

So sorry to hear that Dan, I had a MC last year and am now 12 weeks pregnant. One thing that really helped me was talking to friends who had been through the same thing and now had lovely healthy children. You will be suprised how many people you know will have been through it. You only tend to find out when you end up in the same boat.

Take it easy, be nice to yourselves and eachother and take all the time you need before getting back on the horse.

Featherbag Sun 19-May-13 08:54:41

So very very sorry to hear that, look after each other xx

sadSo very sorry for your loss dan thanks

Bearandcub Sun 19-May-13 09:16:54

Sorry for your loss.

CrystalTits Sun 19-May-13 09:26:13

Really sorry for the loss of your baby, Dan. Glad you're both taking some time off - remember that it's ok to talk and cry too, you don't just have to be strong for your partner. Miscarriage can be equally as tough for men.

The Miscarriage Association is a great source of advice and support if you need it.

flowers

SunshineMiddle Sun 19-May-13 09:53:41

So sorry for your loss. Nothing can prepare you for such a devastating thing to happen.
I miscarried at 10 weeks a year ago. It was the worst point of my life. My partner and I dealt with it in different ways. He rationalised it within a week and moved on (at least we knew we could get pregnant, he was confident we'd be ok next time etc). I needed much longer to deal with the grief and knew that life wouldn't be right until I was pregnant again. Take time to hold each other, talk, cry together. Make sure you get supported too. I knew two women who miscarried around the same time who have their babies (they got pregnant just a few cycles after mc). For us it took a bit longer but we are now at 20 weeks. Take care

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now