Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

39+1

(123 Posts)
laurajane89 Fri 17-May-13 09:37:55

Anyone else 39 weeks and feeling as fed up as me, really dont want to be induced sad

Confused40 Fri 31-May-13 11:10:17

Ha ha!
I confessed to a close friend that I've stopped answering the phone, and this was totally understood.

What is more surprising for me is that people who've had families are the ones who seem to be contacting me the most! My sister texts and rings me almost daily now aaaahhhh!

I'm actually enjoying the last few days of freedom, meeting friends for lunch, watching crap on TV and really enjoying my maternity leave. Had a long soak in the bath for about 2 hours last night reading my book. Pure bliss.

I'm due on Saturday and really hoping I'm late as I'm starting to enjoy my free time.

What is also annoying is the negative aspects people feel they have to share about pregnancy and as I'm getting nearer to delivering how my life will change and for the worse.

I'm looking forward to meeting my DD and spending time with her and can only see this as a positive.

I've adopted the SNOD (smile and nod) whilst thinking oh F* o** smile he he

emjay78 Wed 29-May-13 23:57:38

oh, forgot to mention the constant phone calls, texts, messages, visits... driving me INSANE!!

emjay78 Wed 29-May-13 23:56:15

Hi can i join? 39 weeks today - no sign of baby and so fed up with the not being able to sleep, the twinges, the moods - nice to see i am not alone! Fingers crossed for some births for the group tomorrow! xx

Confused40 Tue 28-May-13 23:50:24

Oh dear tigerswallowtail I do feel for you smile
I know people mean well when they ask, but when you are clearly still heavily and visibly pregnant it does get a bit pah lol!!! I'm not answering my phone till baby arrives and just deleting messages as they come. How horrible does that sound?

I'll send out a text or email when baby is born. Decided already that I'll need at least two weeks alone before any visitors. Well can think of a few people I won't mind visiting us smile

TigerSwallowTail Tue 28-May-13 23:20:34

Congrats those that have had their little ones, I'm still waiting, tomorrow I'll be 41 weeks.

confused I avoided checking my phone today to escape the constant 'no baby?' questions, but was still asked by the lollipop lady, a mum in the playground, the lady in the newsagents, lady in the council tax office, and someone in the doctors waiting room, along with some friends and family later on too shock.

Confused40 Tue 28-May-13 22:54:17

Joining thread, am 39+3 and I'm kind of tired of being pregnant, looking forward to meeting baby, and going to miss being pregnant all at the same time lol. smile

I've stopped answering my house phone as I'm tired of people asking if I've had the baby yet. Is that bad? blush

Really looking forward to meeting my DD and introducing her to her big brother, but scared of the labour too. DS labour was just over an hour, no drugs as gas and air made me sick. MW's say ring ambulance and paramedic as soon as I feel anything as last labour was so quick. Quite reluctant to do that, but MW's adamant. Luckily birth centre is a 5-7 minute drive away. Guess it'll give the neighbours something to gossip about ha ha

Having a doula support me this time and looking forward to that aspect of labour.

Congratulations laurajane

craftycottontail Tue 28-May-13 20:23:11

Congratulations laurajane!

I had my little boy on Sunday, turned out that back pain on Saturday was definitely contractions!

Got the last room in the hospital at 2am though they had to clean the room first so I was shown to a waiting room while they did that - they thought with it being my first baby I'd be ages yet. But had pretty lightening quick progression - was getting the urge to push in the waiting room and and at he was born at 4.30am!

NeedSomeSun142 Tue 28-May-13 13:44:13

congratulations laurajane grin

laurajane89 Mon 27-May-13 14:37:15

Had my little boy on thursday at 40 weeks smile

drcharliegirl Mon 27-May-13 11:14:53

tigerswallow - thanks for making me feel like I'm not the only one!
Curry again today (only the 4th time this week).

Oh, and I've discovered that Lindt chocolate with chilli in it. That's gotta work, right?!

Have another attempted sweep to look forward to on Wednesday. Bleurgh. Hope this time the MW doesn't freak me out again.

Here's to avoiding hospitals in the bank holiday downtime, eh?

lollypopsicle Mon 27-May-13 11:00:19

I'm still here 40+4. I even went out in search of that bloody full moon on Saturday night to bask in the glow. confused think I'm going a bit mad now!

TigerSwallowTail Mon 27-May-13 10:48:18

I went a big long walk on Saturday drcharlie, then had a good bounce on my birthing ball yesterday followed by a hot bath, but the same thing happened to me. She moved even further up under my rib cage too. I never had this problem with ds, he was engaged for a while then 4 days before my due date I went into labour myself.

Jojobump1986 Mon 27-May-13 10:45:22

Can I join in? 39 weeks tomorrow & last night I had about an hour of regular(ish) contractions, 3-5 minutes apart lasting 50-60s each. I figured I'd try going to the loo before disturbing DH & they stopped! sad I had a couple of less intense, more sporadic ones after getting back into bed & I just feel achy this morning but no contractions! Thoroughly fed up now & feel like my pubic bone is broken! Hmph!

drcharliegirl Mon 27-May-13 10:36:49

Still nothing. Walked miles yesterday. Now she feels like she has retreated back up under my rib cage, giving me dreadful heartburn and the sense she's headed in entirely the wrong direction (those would be DH's genes...)

Has anyone else had experience of carrying higher post dates???!

Feeling weepy and miserable today.

TigerSwallowTail Mon 27-May-13 10:32:22

40+5 here, no sign of baby.

Bunnychan Mon 27-May-13 10:30:43

I'm here 40+4. No signs yet either :-( x

NeedSomeSun142 Mon 27-May-13 07:40:20

Any new arrivals? Still here waiting 40+5 kind of resigned myself to the fact I'm gonna have to be induced again sad don't think my body knows how to start labour of naturally !

craftycottontail Sat 25-May-13 20:28:28

Congratulations Cookie! Wow that was really fast!

I've been having spasms of back pain since early this morning, not incredibly painful or regular but starting to get them more often and getting a bit more painful. Don't really know if it's BH or proper contractions though as I imagined it would hurt more! So confused. They're not painful enough to stop me in my tracks yet...

40+4 so maybe wishful thinking!

NeedSomeSun142 Sat 25-May-13 08:52:17

Wow 1 hour !! Well done congratulations thanks thanks

Dillydollydaydream Fri 24-May-13 23:42:41

Woah cookie!
Well done.

cookiewuk Fri 24-May-13 23:41:16

Our beautiful little girl arrived at 8.51pm weighing 6lb1oz after 1 hour of labour! Bit of a shock to the system but all is well now and am so glad to have her in my arms smile

drcharliegirl Fri 24-May-13 14:09:13

Woohoo!
Full moon AND a bank holiday?!

There's a good reason to be cheerful!

lollypopsicle Fri 24-May-13 13:39:55

Next full moon is Saturday!
Good luck cookie

cookiewuk Fri 24-May-13 12:58:44

Well I've been admitted today with high blood pressure and looking at an induction. Have just heard midwife talking to another patient though and there are 5 other ppl waiting to be induced and labour ward is totally full! It could be Sunday before number 2 on there list is induced! Argh!!!

drcharliegirl Fri 24-May-13 12:45:27

due date today.
No sign except increased anxiety...
Hey-ho - when's the next full moon? Anyone??!
Bank holiday must be a good bet when all the hospitals are on skeleton staff, yes?!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now