Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

39+1

(123 Posts)
laurajane89 Fri 17-May-13 09:37:55

Anyone else 39 weeks and feeling as fed up as me, really dont want to be induced sad

ButteryJam Mon 20-May-13 16:37:09

Shelli 39 + 3

Laura, it could be the start of something, or maybe not! Sending you lots of positive vibes smile

MissLurkalot Mon 20-May-13 16:43:49

I'm 39+4 too.. Due with DC4.
Had a sweep on Friday... lost bits of plug over the weekend. Major BH all weekend.. then from 9.30pm last night, painful period like pains every 12 or 25 mins.... Stopped completely at 4am! (Slept a couple of hours)
Had some minor cramps in the morning, then things kicked off again today at 1pm... every 12 mins, really painful period pains, last two I felt in my bottom (Shit, here we go!!!!) Just about to ring MIL/FIL to make the 40 mins drive over to cover older DC's...then it all stopped! AGAIN!
Sitting here, wishing I'd bloody slept this afternoon now! Doh!
Soooo frustrating... But, thankfully, I'm booked in for an Induction on due date on Wednesday. So, at least I feel the end is nigh.
Stopping and starting is very characteristic of 4th pregnancies/labours... but still highly annoying!

ButteryJam Mon 20-May-13 16:50:53

Has anyone started feeling really hot! I normally feel cold but now I feel quite hot/warm

shelli135 Mon 20-May-13 16:52:15

Not long to go girls!! I'm sending positive labour vibes over to everyone and hope we don't go overdue, too long anyway I definitely don't want to be going 2 weeks over again gringrin

MissLurkalot Mon 20-May-13 16:56:06

Yes, super hot. My cheeks and nose are perpetually red! I have to be freezing in bed! It's driving my hubby potty!

cookiewuk Mon 20-May-13 17:31:49

Im boiling all the time too, sick of my face being red and shiny! Keep waking up in the night drenched in sweat which is pretty gross as well!
Its my due date tomorrow and would quite like it if my baby was one of the tiny percentage that actually arrive on the due date. I've been for more reflexology today and have been sent home with some clarey sage oil on a tissue to sniff. Im still not convinced that anything I try will make her budge but it makes me feel a bit better doing something at least.
Hope we have some more babies arriving tonight, love hearing of new arrivals even if i do get very jealous :D

ButteryJam Mon 20-May-13 17:49:36

cookiewuk, hope clary sage oil works for you smile How does it smell? I was going to buy some then just decided on getting a labour massage oil which has that oil inside it.

Had a consultant appointment today, and baby has gone more up and not down sad (from 1/5 to 3/5 - really gutted and trying to console myself by having hula hoops grin)

cookiewuk Mon 20-May-13 18:24:33

Thanks Buttery, it isn't the nicest smell in the world but isn't as bad as I thought it would be. Kind of earthy perhaps.
You definitely deserve hula hoops after that news sad fingers crossed baby was just feeling energetic and messing about today!
I have a consultant appointment on Thursday and am having another sweep then. Really hope it works as my dad is coming up for the wknd and he lives the other end of the country to us.

ButteryJam Tue 21-May-13 12:38:19

Cookie, hope it works out for you! smile

How are the rest of you doing? It's a little quiet so hoping the rest of you are making progress. I'm having a lazy day smile and hoping the relaxed state will some how trigger labour wink

drcharliegirl Tue 21-May-13 12:51:29

39+4 now.
Saw midwife yesterday and had a horrible time - she did not inspire confidence at all, and then told me simultaneously that baby was deeply engaged in the pelvis, but on internal exam the head was really high and the cervix v posterior. In my notes, she just put a cross through the box for engagement (I've been 2-3/5 pad 2 appointments)
Don't know what to think.

Obviously DD is coming no time soon. So now miserable and hormonal. DH is going to a funeral on Thursday 3 hours away and I'm terrified she'll turn up just as he's away.

Irrationally upset sad

NeedSomeSun142 Tue 21-May-13 17:40:12

Sending hugs to you drcharliegirl.

I'm due tomorrow, got a letter today saying I've got a obstetric appointment on Friday... 2days after I'm due!?!

About shoulder dystocia, that happened during my last birth. I
Can't help but feel like the hospital and midwives have been very slack, why haven't I had this appointment earlier as I have just found out if this baby is bigger (which midwive says he definatley is) and not in correct position I will be offered c section.

ButteryJam Tue 21-May-13 17:46:40

drcharliegirl, I'm feeling the same too, I've kind of given up hope and reading up on sweeps and inductions sad Consultant didn't inspire any confidence either.

My DH is also going away too on Thursday out of town for work, but in all honesty, I don't mind if contractions start then, I'll just be glad something is happening ... and I suppose I could always call him back (an hour and a half away so not too bad).

craftycottontail Tue 21-May-13 23:52:42

Poor you drcharlie, irrationally upset sounds like a good sign though? I'm waiting to feel that pre-labour hormone surge!

Is it your first Buttery? If so sure you'll have a while for your DH to travel back in time!

I'm due today and not a peep. All I've wanted to do today is eat and sleep which doesn't feel very conducive to labour!

cookie I'm wondering if the clary sage worked as know you're due today too and haven't posted!

craftycottontail Tue 21-May-13 23:55:03

Oooh and misslurkalot good luck with your inducton tomorrow if you haven't popped already! So jealous you have a date, the unknown is annoying!

NeedSomeSun142 Wed 22-May-13 06:06:51

It's my due date today, feel very deflated last night was like Christmas Eve, waiting for this big day for ages. (Although I do know baby's come when they want) still feels like a Massive let down hmm got sweep today. Haven't been able to hardly sleep even tho I know I'm shattered.

What a farse, at least the end is near cos I am fed up!

cookiewuk Wed 22-May-13 09:34:41

Im still here wait patiently (yeah right) for little miss to make her appearance. I was so excited for my due date yesterday, slept with the clary sage tissue under my pillow, bounced on my ball all morning and went to aquanatal in the afternoon. After all that I just ended up in agony with my pelvis and back feeling like they were crumbling and not being able to move for the rest of the night sad I was kind of hoping the back pain meant labour was coming but there are no signs today.
Im fed up and just want to meet my little girl! I even lay awake last night trying to think of reasons to be admitted to hospital and induced today, ridiculous i know but that's how desperate i felt in the wee hours of this morning!
I need some sort of distraction today but don't feel like doing anything!
Anyone got any positive news to share yet? Especially labour inducing tricks that we haven't already tried yet! smile

drcharliegirl Wed 22-May-13 12:30:07

still waiting but feeling a bit more positive today.
I've decided no more sweeps. I've booked for an induction next Friday so at least there is a defined end-point.

On the downside, I FINALLY went on my hospital tour today (they've been closed for MONTHS) and was really disappointed in the birth centre facilities. There were too many of us on the tour to ask many questions and I felt like we were constantly in the way...

I asked about 6 hour discharges and was essentially told it was bad for breastfeeding - this from the same midwife who tried to persuade me to have a homebirth. Feeling a bit frustrated about that...

Anyway, hope everyone else is staying sane (pelvic pain, BH and funny aches notwithstanding)...

laurajane89 Wed 22-May-13 12:32:27

Its my due date tomorrow, went to see my midwife today and she gave me a sweep she said it was a very good sweep and im 2cm dilated and my waters are bulging and its just a matter of days now smile i hope she is right

cookiewuk Thu 23-May-13 13:15:53

Any good news for anyone yet?
Im gearing myself up for my consultant appointment this afternoon as I like to agree an induction date that's only a few days away if this sweep doesn't work. Only problem is i lose all my confidence as soon as i see a doc and end up either not saying what i want to or crying, neither of which are productive!

TigerSwallowTail Thu 23-May-13 13:19:54

Nothing here from me, my due date came and went yesterday, I'm 40+1 today and have had no indication that she's on her way. I think she's too comfy to want to budge.

AllThatJazzAgain Thu 23-May-13 13:38:41

Can I creep in? 38+5 weeks, lost mucus plug last Saturday. on and off contractions/ Braxton hicks since. Today on and off pain in inner thighs and contractions spreading to the back. DS1 held out till due date and I am convinced this one will do the same but my goodness is he making me feel uncomfortable!
Very frustrated!

NeedSomeSun142 Fri 24-May-13 05:57:18

40+2 today hmm just wanna meet my baby

Bunnychan Fri 24-May-13 07:33:55

I'm 40+1 and feel a lot calmer now my due date has gone. I'm still desperate to meet my baby but I don't feel as on edge now lol x

drcharliegirl Fri 24-May-13 12:45:27

due date today.
No sign except increased anxiety...
Hey-ho - when's the next full moon? Anyone??!
Bank holiday must be a good bet when all the hospitals are on skeleton staff, yes?!!!

cookiewuk Fri 24-May-13 12:58:44

Well I've been admitted today with high blood pressure and looking at an induction. Have just heard midwife talking to another patient though and there are 5 other ppl waiting to be induced and labour ward is totally full! It could be Sunday before number 2 on there list is induced! Argh!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now