Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

39+1

(123 Posts)
laurajane89 Fri 17-May-13 09:37:55

Anyone else 39 weeks and feeling as fed up as me, really dont want to be induced sad

TigerSwallowTail Sat 18-May-13 18:43:51

39+3 and very fed up!

laurajane89 Sun 19-May-13 17:49:24

Ive been for a long walk in evesham today and still nothing hmm

Tiredtrout Sun 19-May-13 17:52:46

I had a baby today, 41+3, gorgeous chubby 9lb7 girl, which is huge compared to the others.

Featherbag Sun 19-May-13 17:53:18

Oh how I hope and pray I'll be on a thread like this in December. DC1 born at 32/40, have been told I'll be lucky to make it to 34 weeks this time. I'd give anything to go overdue!

laurajane89 Sun 19-May-13 17:57:35

Congrats tiredtrout smile

drcharliegirl Sun 19-May-13 17:57:59

Congratulations trout!
Send some of the hormones through the ether to kick start the rest of us, will ya?! wink

FaintlyMacabre Sun 19-May-13 17:59:09

39+4 and desparate for her to stay put for now! I've got a chest infection, awful rib pain from coughing and can't pick up a cup of tea never mind a baby! I can't imagine going through labour feeling like this.

My others were born at 40 weeks exactly and 40+4 so hoping this one hangs on at least that long.

Much sympathy to everyone else though, last week I felt just the same and couldn't wait for her to arrive. I have a stash of pineapples and clary sage etc that I'm steering clear of now!

TigerSwallowTail Sun 19-May-13 18:03:24

Congratulations tired! I've been for a hot bath, had raspberry leaf tea capsules and went on a long walk, still no baby and I'm now 39+4 (only made it to 39+3 last time with DS).

megarobotdiscoparty Sun 19-May-13 20:23:46

Congrats tiredtrout I hope you're both doing well! At last she's here smile have been following the latent phase thread over on the childbirth forum - must be such a relief to be out the other side!

Very early labour signs kicking off here....lost my plug this aft and spent the next few hours doubled over in the cinema watching Star Trek with DH....needless to say it's all eased off now hmm Trying not to get my hopes up too much!

How is everyone else doing?

ButteryJam Sun 19-May-13 20:54:36

Congrats tiredout! smile

Mega, nothing happening here. Raspberry Leaf Tea seems to start painful cramps but that is about it. Im not expecting anything to happen now, need to prepare myself that it could be another 3 weeks yet!

ButteryJam Sun 19-May-13 20:55:30

Mega, you appear to be making progress, all the best now! smile

May I ask what your plug looked like?

megarobotdiscoparty Sun 19-May-13 23:21:03

buttery (TMI alert) - lots and lots of bogies! quite alarming really. no blood though, don't know if that means anything. have found clary sage oil in the bath seems to trigger things for me- though may be coincidence. have been drinking RLT for weeks and no effect yet! hear it helps ripen the uterus for pushing stage though so am persisting....

laurajane89 Mon 20-May-13 08:40:54

I was having mild period pains and back pain every half an hr through the night started at bout 11pm and eased off at bout 6am sad really thought things were starting but i guess not sad

shelli135 Mon 20-May-13 08:48:40

Congratulations tired!!! smilethanks

Still nothing here, struggling to walk with a bowling ball between my legs lol

Iv read somewhere hot baths are meant to slow labour down? If this is not true il quite happily sit in a hot bath alllll day smile in fact that's where I'm of to now

ButteryJam Mon 20-May-13 09:54:18

Had period type pains in belly and shooting through back at night for about two hours and then eventually fell asleep. Woke up this morning and still got pain. The tightenings are not very distinct so it's hard to calculate them and time them, but they probably last about 10-20 seconds, about 3 or 4 per hour. So I have no idea if they are contractions or not hmm I do have an extremely sensitive digestive system so it could be that, but it is painful. Don't know whether I should try and go for a walk? Definitely going to start having more Raspberry leaf tea. I have the feeling it's all going to fizzle away ... Lol

laurajane89 Mon 20-May-13 09:57:45

Mine were like that and now they have gone hmm

ButteryJam Mon 20-May-13 10:06:07

Laura, thanks for replying. I have no idea what is going on ... As a 1st timer it's just so confusing! Just going to try and relax today and maybe go for a walk later on. Hope you get some rest too! smile

laurajane89 Mon 20-May-13 10:14:08

I got about an hour sleep at bout 7am this morning thats it so im completely nakered now, this is also my first and im due on thursday, midwife wont sweep me yet either so im very fed up

lollypopsicle Mon 20-May-13 11:50:21

Buttery they sound more like braxton hicks than genuine contractions. It's likely a sign your body is gearing up for the real thing, though. Try not to worry too much about timing until you notice they are more frequent and they stop you in your tracks. I've had the same kind of thing on and off for days. Sigh. Come on baby!

ButteryJam Mon 20-May-13 11:55:52

Thanks lolly. It is reassuring to hear that others are going through similar type of things

craftycottontail Mon 20-May-13 12:12:32

Yay, doing a little jig here as just had a bit of a show! Even made DH smile smile although I know it's not always a sign things are going to happen soon.

Had a few really mild period pain type twitches again this morning.

Have been dusting and hoovering and now going to have some raspberry leaf tea!

Congratulations on your new Tired! I bet you're so happy :D flowers

craftycottontail Mon 20-May-13 12:12:55

*new arrival!

laurajane89 Mon 20-May-13 13:41:28

Having back pains and the pain travels up my back, could this b the start or am i being to hopeful

shelli135 Mon 20-May-13 16:32:11

How far is every1 now?

I'm 39+5

Bunnychan Mon 20-May-13 16:35:33

I'm jumping on the thread; I'm 39+4 with no signs of things moving x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now