Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

39+1

(123 Posts)
laurajane89 Fri 17-May-13 09:37:55

Anyone else 39 weeks and feeling as fed up as me, really dont want to be induced sad

cookiewuk Fri 17-May-13 20:10:56

Oh and I totally sympathise with all you ladies with puffy faces, Im ballooning too and can't stop stuffing my ever expanding face! sad

ButteryJam Fri 17-May-13 20:17:42

I'm 39 too and feeling fed up too! Had some contractions a couple of nights ago and it just fizzled away! I was so sure I would go to into labour last night and nothing happened, so was feeling a bit down today!

Going to go for a long walk tomorrow (hopefully weather will cheer up)! Ordered labour massage oil today, and tens machine is ready too! I should enjoy the last few days but I'm just so excited to meet baby and really want to get it over with.

I also sat on the birthing ball today but with no idea what to do. Enjoyed bouncing on it though grin

Last time I saw midwife (a week ago) baby was quite low down (4/5 engaged).,How engaged are your babies? Just wondering if it means anything?

babyradio Fri 17-May-13 20:26:27

Not really a thread for me but I'm only just 37 weeks and people are already constantly messaging/texting to ask me if I've had him yet, for heavens sake!

Livingwithmymother Fri 17-May-13 20:36:42

39+6 and if I have another text/phone call or fb MSG asking if I've had the baby (but strangly not said a fu*king word) I'm going to throw my phone out the window (not really,not insured )

ButteryJam Fri 17-May-13 20:50:16

Is anyone feeling unusually grumpy?

cookiewuk Fri 17-May-13 20:55:56

What is with everyone asking that constantly? Surely they realise that when baby (eventually) arrives we'll be shouting it from the rooftops not keeping it quiet!
I am feeling incredibly grumpy now and tearful. I can't find anything I want to do or eat or anyone I want to be around but am also feeling really bored and lonely so don't know what to do.
Gonna go for a walk and out for dinner with dp and ds tomorrow to see if that will cheer me up some.

shelli135 Fri 17-May-13 21:35:13

Oh thank god I thought it was just me, I'm so grumpy I can't even be bothered to text any one back or answer my phone cos iv got nothing nice to say lol!

ButteryJam Fri 17-May-13 23:01:40

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one feeling unusually grumpy, just feel like hibernating away blush

craftycottontail Fri 17-May-13 23:33:54

Oh yes cookiewuk, totally agree! My MIL keeps asking if we have anything we want to tell her hmm

errr, yes - get a life!

ButteryJam Sat 18-May-13 04:36:13

Is anyone else finding it almost unbearably painful to turn in bed now? hmm

shelli135 Sat 18-May-13 05:18:49

Meeeee!!!! Just woke up horrendous back ache can't get back to sleep hmm

Tiredtrout Sat 18-May-13 05:29:14

I'm 41+2 and verging on murderous. I had the last dc at 37 weeks, quite frankly I don't want to be pregnant anymore, I'm as round as I am tall, I had my show 16 days ago, I had a sweep 2 days ago all that has achieved is stickiness and pain, really thought I had started last night (again) but still no baby. I have been getting regular texts, phone calls and f. Messages asking where the baby is as well

megarobotdiscoparty Sat 18-May-13 06:06:14

39+6 with constant back pain due to posterior baby....he must be mahoosive to feel this bad, and he's not going anywhere fast by the looks! think I could have coped for another two weeks otherwise, although may need to delete Facebook account and change my phone number due to having evil thoughts about punching friends and family members ....I am not just a vessel sent to produce YOU a baby! I am a very fed up lady who needs a cuddle and some chocolate

ButteryJam Sat 18-May-13 06:16:30

shelli, me too, can't fall asleep now hmm

shelli135 Sat 18-May-13 06:51:48

Got a wheat bag on my back, getting tightenings hopefully things might be starting, had a few days of early signs.

Anyone else struggle to get to toilet when needing a wee because it hurts to walk ? Feels like every time I take a step, my bladder is going to pop, then lo n behold its only a trickle!!

Joys of pregnancy well in a few weeks wel all of had our little monkeys and forgot what we were complaining about lol hopefully

laurajane89 Sat 18-May-13 09:32:02

Yes i feel the same shelli135, it really hurts to walk now, i had some tighterings last night but have gone away now

ButteryJam Sat 18-May-13 09:42:24

Was reading on how to tell you are in labour, and one of the early signs apparently is a period of feeling moody grin

http://www.babycentre.co.uk/signs-for-how-I-will-know-I-am-in-labour?scid=gb_en_mbtw_pregnancy_preg39

Here is to hoping then!! gringrin

laurajane89 Sat 18-May-13 09:49:25

I am always moody at the moment blush

shelli135 Sat 18-May-13 13:11:49

Yes I can't even pretend to be in a good mood anymore anyone who crosses me is gettin the full wrath at the moment, feel sorry for my DP

megarobotdiscoparty Sat 18-May-13 14:03:13

YES buttery - mood has deteriorated significantly in the last 24 hours. Had full on rage at DH this morning for snoring and throwing my many pillows out of bed the minute I get up to go to the loo (really though, how rude).

In fact, I'm pretty much ALL of the seven dwarves at once at the moment (apart from maybe Bashful - he left months ago).

And yes on getting to the loo - feel like there's a bowling ball in my pelvis! One day at a time ladies, one day at a time.... we will overcome...

drcharliegirl Sat 18-May-13 14:15:04

yup - today I asked DH to get the drains fixed and he duly called Dyno-rod. Then he went out and called me to say they would be round in 15 minutes.

I cried and ranted and demanded he come home instantly...

Poor guy can't do anything right!!!

laurajane89 Sat 18-May-13 16:12:44

Still nothing sad

ButteryJam Sat 18-May-13 17:44:13

Went for a long walk but still nothing! hmm

cookiewuk Sat 18-May-13 18:41:29

Still nothing here either, apart from even more pelvic pain than I've already been dealing with for months.
Went out to a museum and for dinner today with dp and ds, with the hope that I would be in labour as it was planned days ago. No such luck but I do feel less grumpy for getting out which is definitely a good thing!

laurajane89 Sat 18-May-13 18:41:31

Me too

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now