Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Faint positive question

(16 Posts)
Oldfashioned Tue 14-May-13 08:43:10

Hello,
I am new to the forum, I thought I might never have a reason to join, even though we haven't been ttc for long. Today I am 13dp suspected ovulation day.

I have irregular periods( something that only started in the last 2 1/2 years), due to suspected endo (issues since starting with extreme pain) suspected as nothing has shown on MRI or US. They vary from 21 days to 30, on average the app I have on my phone has been spot on for calculating my cycle since I begun using it in late jan/feb.

This cycle I was due to start yesterday, however on Friday I had a small brown spot, Saturday a pink spot which went creamy, Sunday brown again clearing and yesterday I though I had actually started because of the grumbles and slight increase in brown blood, but into the evening I found it was clear/creamy again. Last night i had backache, which has continued today and this morning I woke feeling nauseous and took a tesco hpt.

After approx three to four mins, I got a faint line (but def there, even my husband said he saw it) in the test window, but I feel on edge as I still feel a little crampy (which could be my wheat intolerance, and the cake/crackers I ate yesterday punishing my innerspring sad ) Could I be in for disappointment?

Thank you for reading x

HadALittleFaithBaby Tue 14-May-13 09:27:01

Hello! Welcome to Mumsnet smile

I think that sounds very positive! You've got a positive test after your period was due within the time limit. I got lots of cramps when I got my BFP (Big Fat Positive) - most women do as the ligaments stretch and prepare to grow a baby. I was in a similar position to you and went out and bought different brands to check. I found the First Response Early Response gave the clearest result and about 3 days after I was due on I did a digital test so I could see the 'pregnant'! The spotting could be implantation bleeding.

So yes I'd test again in your position. I hope it's positive! smile

beth27123 Tue 14-May-13 09:30:53

Test again, I had cramping and strange aches before my bfp (I thought I was late but being irregular left me unsure). Good luck and let us know!

123234345 Tue 14-May-13 09:36:52

Sounds good to me! A line is a line. Test again tomorrow and the day after and I bet the line will get stronger.

Oldfashioned Tue 14-May-13 11:12:47

Hi, thank you all for your replies. I went to the docs, as Tuesday is my weekly day off. Sat with a full bladder for almost 40mins(4hrs in total) , practice nurse said it was unlikely to show positive, but it did a "weak" positive. She explained that it was likely hormone hadn't risen alot yet and like you have all said, suggested trying again on Friday morning... not sure I can relax.
I will keep you posted
Hx

ShowOfHands Tue 14-May-13 11:17:48

The faintness of the line is to do with all sorts of variables like the concentration of your urine, limits of the test, early hcg levels etc. But if you've got a line, you're pregnant. It's that simple.

Congratulations.

Oldfashioned Tue 14-May-13 11:28:41

grin thank you x

If your dh can see it too, aswell as you it is a line!!smile Congratulations Op

Oldfashioned Wed 15-May-13 08:22:16

grin Morning, did a further test today and the line seems to be getting stronger. still grumbly/twingy, but am trying to push any niggles to the back of my mind.
Have a great Wednesday
Hx

HadALittleFaithBaby Wed 15-May-13 08:25:21

Congratulations! I had those cramps til about 11 weeks and everything was fine.

knittingirl Wed 15-May-13 10:53:40

Congratulations! Don't worry about the cramps - I had serious period-like cramps in the run up to and few weeks after I got a bfp, was totally convinced I couldn't be pregnant that month because of the cramping.

yummymumtobe Wed 15-May-13 10:56:28

I had a very faint line too (and was actually 7 weeks at that point!). Apparently a false positive is very unusual. So even if it's faint. It's very unlikely to be wrong!

Foodylicious Wed 15-May-13 15:04:42

Hi, congratulations, and try not to panic! I am now appox 7 weeks and had reallt srtong cramping abd back ache when i was about where you are now. really felt like bad period pains and i was convinced something was gping to go wrong, but its all normal apparently and following an early scan a couple of days ago i now know all is definately fine!

So good luck, and make sure you but cheapy tests, dont rely in the conception indicators on the digi ones either, they are inaccurate and 2 tests could give you different results!

blondebaby111 Wed 15-May-13 17:09:23

congratulations smile My first line was also very faint and only appeared a good half hour after i tested so we didn't really believe it. i was 4 days til my af with all sorts of weird cramps so wasn't convinced until i kept testing every day and seeing the line. I'm now 5 weeks...it sounds very promising for you xx

Stacey19892008 Sat 10-Aug-13 23:52:46

Hi, joining this convo late but me and my partner have been trying for our 3rd child since march 2012, got BFP in feb 2013 but unfortunately lost baby at 6.5 weeks sad in march, periods returned to normal 27 day cycle, by april 2013 so anyway I'm due on tomorrow 11/08/2013 but yesterday lunch time I took a PG test while i was out shopping, no idea what made my buy one but anyway it came up negative, I had a pack of 2 so tested first thing this morning, but it's very very faint positive, my last AF was 15/07/2013, I've never tested early in any of my pregnancies so just wondering if this could be accurate, I will buy another 2 tests tomorrow and test again

Frizz1986 Sun 11-Aug-13 09:04:44

A line is a line is what I was always told. Mine started v faint 14 days after ovulation and i am now 18 weeks. So i think it's congratulations!

When you can get a positive test will all depend on when u ovulate. Once u ovulate and the egg is fertilised I think it can take anywhere from 4-7 days or so for it to get to the womb and implant, thus causing ur hormones to build up to give u that all important line. I kept track of ovulation so knew when to start testing but as it takes a different amount of time for the hormone levels to build up in different people it is so hard to really tell when it possible to get a positive.

Always good to do a few early morning tests over a few days just to reassure urself that u aren't seeing things.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now