Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

11 weeks aches??

(3 Posts)
PumpkinPie2013 Tue 14-May-13 08:11:45

Hi,
Hoping someone with more experience can give some advice/reassurance?
I'm 11+1 with my first baby smile. Very excited and a little nervous as well.
I'm having plenty of symptoms: Nausea/retching, more prominent veins on boobs, sometimes nipples are itchy, I have a couple of little 'bumps' on my nipples too, occasional headaches, tiredness and bloating! The joys! smile

The last few days I have been getting some aches in my back/pelvis area. They are not constant and are often more noticeable if my bladder is full. They are not 'pains' just aches and can be eased by changing position. Also my legs from my hips to my knees are aching!

I've got no bleeding/spotting and all my other symptoms are still here.

Is this my uterus stretching? This is what I'm hoping! My stomach is slightly bigger - it gets bigger when I have eaten/drunk something but I'm usually very skinny.

Sorry if it's a dumb question smile

BabyStone Tue 14-May-13 15:07:00

Hey, Congratulations!
sounds to me like it is stretching (no expert, have 1 child)
I had "growing pains" in my thighs when I was pregnant, which sound similar to your achey legs. As you are skinny, your stomach and legs might ache as they are stretching/ making room for baby/ getting used to carrying more weight.

I think I went to the toilet a bit more often in the early stages, A LOT more often towards the end! lol (did have quite a strong bladder so hardly ever went to the toilet but HAD to during pregnancy otherwise I'd get a bellyache) and have warm baths, ask dp for massages if back and legs were aching

I hope this has reassured you a little and good luck with the rest of your pregnancy!

Futterby Tue 14-May-13 19:08:04

I know exactly what you're talking about! I'm eleven and a halfish weeks preggo and I'm getting aches and pains in my lower back/legs. It actually developed into sciatica and I had to see a physiotherapist (who fixed me) but it's normal :P

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now