Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

How did you know that labour was imminent?

(5 Posts)
festive Mon 13-May-13 15:58:39

Just that really. Apart from the obvious of course eg waters, show - did you have any other signs? Or just 'feel' things were going to start soon?
Am 40+3 with DC2 and with DS1 I had no signs at all until I woke with very strong 'real' contractions 5-8 mins apart at 1am, despite being 40+12 when labour started with him.
I didnt have a show until i was well into labour around 8cm. My waters never went either, DS was born in the sac of waters. I'd also had loads Brixton hicks since about 20 weeks and have again this time so that's not a reliable sign for me smile
So wondering if any other signs to look out for - apart from spring cleaning the kitchen cupboards and baking bread and cakes I haven't had any odd feelings yet!

nipersvest Mon 13-May-13 16:04:30

diarrhea blush

natures enema was one of the first signs for both of mine. with ds, a week before he was born i had a night of regular contractions but no upset tummy, so wasn't surprised when they fizzled out and stopped. a week later, same thing but this time with the upset tum, and it was the real thing.

MrsBungle Mon 13-May-13 16:06:06

Absolutely no sign at all until both of my labours actually started.

Cookethenook Mon 13-May-13 16:11:12

I genuinely think some people don't get any at all.

DS1, my waters went and he was born 6 hours later. No sign at all until my waters went.

I'm 38 weeks with DS2 and i've been feeling sick, had period pains, lower back pain, increased braxton hicks and generally not feeling 'right' since last wednesday and still bloody nothing. My body is playing a cruel joke on me!

festive Mon 13-May-13 16:18:48

Have also felt a lot of pressure down there but also still bloody nothing!
And nipersvest I get diarrhea throughout my pgs, it's how my body reacts to the pg hormones apparently so I can't tell if that's a real sign or not - although again I remember going to the loo seemingly constantly once was in full labour...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now