Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

First pregnancy, am I further along?

(12 Posts)
Lj8893 Sun 12-May-13 17:21:26

You could be.

I had no idea how far along I was but knew it was between 8 and 14 weeks when my scan was booked so my midwife pushed for me to have a scan ASAP just in case!

I was 10+4 at my first scan so had to have another one at 12 weeks.

Good luck

birdbrain17 Sun 12-May-13 17:21:25

The two days of bleeding could have been implantation bleeding, not your period. Maybe discuss this with your doctor and see if you can work out when you might have gotten pregnant (depends how often you dtd if you will have any idea blush) because if the doctor agrees with you that you might be further along they will change the date of the scan for you as it's most accurate before a certain time period (I think 14 weeks).
good luck, being pg is hard but the end result amazing!!!!!

cinnieetaylor18 Sun 12-May-13 17:10:06

thank you! smile

Around £42 I think, here's a link.

link here

cinnieetaylor18 Sun 12-May-13 12:12:34

Eastbourne smile

Where are you roughly and I will find out.

cinnieetaylor18 Sun 12-May-13 12:10:19

How much do they cost??

If that doesn't work, could you afford an early private dating scan?

cinnieetaylor18 Sun 12-May-13 12:04:09

Thank you! Will phone up and let them know!

Bunnylion Sun 12-May-13 11:58:48

Unless there is a medical reason to do an early scan - bleeding, previous eptopics etc, they won't change your appointment. But you could call the number on the appointment form and explain your situation to them, then they'll move the appointment if they think its necessary.

A lot of women get seriously bloated early on so you may well just have that. I was very bloated weeks 6-12 then went back to almost normal until week 17 when I started to notice my bump.

Good luck with it all!

CuteLittleToes Sun 12-May-13 11:54:34

I think if you tell this your mw or GP they should be able to send you for an earlier scan? I'm not sure though, but if I were you I would give them a call!

cinnieetaylor18 Sun 12-May-13 11:09:04

I thought i was 5 weeks when i told the doctors about my pregnancy as my period was 5 weeks before. That was 3 weeks ago so i'm roughly 7-8 weeks. However, the period was 2 days and VERY light. Also, I look like I have a bump already. Am i further a long than I thought? This is my first pregnancy and I'm only 18 so a bit unsure. I have my first scan on the 11th of June, is there any way to get one sooner because I really want to know! sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now