Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Pregnancy pillows - seriously?

(82 Posts)
LouiseD29 Sat 11-May-13 07:09:07

A 27 weeks and starting to get really uncomfortable in bed with ongoing back pain. Have heard from a few people that 'swear by' pregnancy pillows, but I can't shake the feeling that it would be a pointless extravagance to get one when I would only need it for a few months, and can't believe they really better than just wedging myself in with normal pillows.

Any devotees care to convince me otherwise?

PoppyAmex Thu 29-May-14 12:35:38

I own a 2 year old and a 7 month old and I still use my Dream Genii at night; they're fabulously comfy.

pregnancypillows123 Fri 25-Jul-14 17:48:15

I am a mom of a 7 months old, I had got bought a pregnancy pillow after almost 30 weeks. I still use it !!

squizita Fri 25-Jul-14 18:26:58

I tried to use normal pillows because the 'wise ones' always say that is all you need... not for me unfortunately. I needed something joined together and a bit bigger for any kind of sleep!

I ended up with a V shape pillow (which will be useful after birth in a chair for feeding/sitting) £9.99 Dunelm Mill, and a 'wedge' pillow for under the bump £9.99 Mothercare.

cyclecamper Fri 25-Jul-14 21:57:01

My lad is 14 months and I still use my dream genii at night - to support him when I do the evening feed then to support me when he's asleep!

Heatherbell1978 Sat 26-Jul-14 09:06:50

I'm 37 wks and have never used one. My DH bought me a Dream Genii as they help you to stop rolling on your back. I still rolled onto my back but instead woke with a small pillow wedged in it! Now I just lie on my side and tuck some of the duvet under the bump. Never felt the need to put a pillow between my legs either. Maybe I'm just lucky but I think it depends on the shape of your bump and how your hips are holding up.

JanetLewis Wed 30-Jul-14 20:57:46

Hey I am very happy after using pregnancy pillow. But it is very important to know how to use it properly so as to get the very best in pain relief and comfort. U shaped pregnancy pillow are the best according to me in terms of comfort.For more info you can check this out
pregnancypillows.org/#sthash.OrsBNyBZ.dpbs

Rosebud29 Wed 30-Jul-14 23:35:45

I vote pregnancy pillow. I've got one of these www.amazon.co.uk/PILLOW-PLEASURE-MATERNITY-SUPPORT-COTTON/dp/B004T31A8U/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1406759483&sr=8-3&keywords=pregnancy+pillow.
It's so comfy and as I suffer with severe pelvic pain in bed it saves me from shifting individual pillows around when I need to turn over. I'll definitely still be using it after I give birth.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now