Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Slimming World/ WW in pregnancy

(6 Posts)
tackytiger Fri 10-May-13 18:46:57

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know if slimming clubs will accept pregnant women as new members?
I'm 5ft 10 and a size 14. Usually really confident and relatively happy with my body, while acknowledging my lack of supermodel tendencies.
Have quite a restricted diet due to needing to regulate my underactive thyroid.however, when preggo bread is the only thing to keep the nausea at bay!
l'm 20 weeks now but just saw a note on my 12 week scan that the scan was 'impaired due to increased BMI'. Which fyi is about 27 so not v overweight.
Am heartbroken and genuinely baffled- I don't feel too fat but maybe I'm kidding myself?
Anyway, I know I can't keep to a diet plan myself so I was thinking of joining a slimming club. Not to lose weight, just to force myself into healthier choices. Any advice from people in the same situation?

Thank you for getting this far!

Daffodill27 Fri 10-May-13 18:57:18

Hi op, slimming world would welcome you with open arms they have there own plan for pregnant ladies and it is recognised by the midwife association smile I have been doing slimming world for about 2 years now lost 4.5 stone and have maintained for a year just by carrying on making there delicious recipes it really is a great healthy eating plan. On top of that the people you will meet at group will become friends smile im really looking forward to loosing my pregnancy weight with slimming world! smile

Essexgirlupnorth Fri 10-May-13 19:04:31

I think you need to get a form signed by your midwife to join slimming world while you are pregnant.
I was doing it before I was pregnant and lost 1 and a half stone but stopped going when I got my BFP. I was fed up with it anyway and didn't want the pressure of getting weighed every week. Think it has helped me make healthier choices anyway.
My BMI is 27 and no one has made any comments about my weight.

TinkyPeet Fri 10-May-13 20:30:45

You are not fat! Slimming world yes, the plan is 100% safe for you and baby to follow, you even get an extra couple of healthy extras a day smile x

weeblueberry Fri 10-May-13 20:31:46

Weight Watchers don't allow pregnant women to join the programme I'm afraid. You can join as a breastfeeding mother (and get extra points) but not while actually pregnant.

2Labradors Fri 10-May-13 22:31:08

I joined slimming world just over a week ago at 9weeks pregnant. They have given me a form to take to my next midwife appointment at 16 weeks to have signed.

The food I've eaten has been so much healthier and I've actually been eating more too. At first weigh in, after doing the plan for 1 week I had half a pound loss which is bang on really. They monitor your weight gain rather than encourage weight loss. I aim to stay the same weight for the next few weeks, maybe gain the half a pound back.

I've eaten so much fruit and veg this past week and much less junk.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now