Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Sore boob. Normal?

(6 Posts)
BlackholesAndRevelations Sat 11-May-13 10:53:47

Sounds like a blocked duct or something to me too. Very common when breastfeeding but not sure how often it happens during pregnancy. Definitely go and see your midwife. There is absolutely nothing to be embarrassed about!!

weeblueberry Fri 10-May-13 21:07:35

Please don't be embarrassed to ask your midwife ANYTHING. This last week my midwife has had her hand up my fanjo and checked out fluid that leaked onto my pants. They honestly have heard/seen everything.

That said, please do ask your GP or midwife about it.

meryb100 Fri 10-May-13 20:13:18

i would ask your midwife or doctor...

Ilovestackingcups Fri 10-May-13 20:00:37

Second that: GP/MW as soon as you can.
If there is a sort of redish blotchiness to it (hard to see if under your nipple I know) it might be the sign of a blocked duct. Not a huge problem, but you will need to get it seen to in case you need antibiotics.
Hope all well in the end!

Teatimecakes Fri 10-May-13 19:46:54

Don't be embarrassed about asking your midwife - they will have heard everything imaginable! Some of the questions I asked mine I could never repeat! Lol! I had sore boobs in the first trimester, but nothing like you've described - I'd say go get it checked. Best of luck x

Lydia161290 Fri 10-May-13 18:31:36

So embarrassed to be posting about this, but got no one else to ask. (really do not want to phone midwife about it!)

For two days now my right boob has been paining me. I checked it out and the nipple is swollen and hard to the touch. Looks inflamed. I have leaked a little bit of fluid, but not loads. I'm 29 weeks and a first timer.

Please tell me it's normal?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now