Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

braxton hicks at 25weeks?

(6 Posts)
mum2benicole Fri 10-May-13 15:22:08

i think im having hicks but im only 24weeks 4days. my heart gose strange and my tummy gose hard feels supper strange then she kicks about for a bit and falls asleep. anyone eles getting this this early or am i just being strange hehe

milk Fri 10-May-13 15:36:10

Call up midwife ASAP! If it is early labour signs they can give you drugs.

lockie1983 Fri 10-May-13 15:41:33

Braxton Hicks actually start really early in pregnancy, around 6 weeks I think, but are generally not felt that soon on.

Anecdotally, I've been having them (and feeling the hardness) from about week 20 (didn't realise what it was until two weeks ago when the midwife touched my tummy and said "oh you're having BH!" and I was like hmm)

Not sure about the heart thing tbh, I'd keep an eye on it + chat through with your midwife.

rrreow Fri 10-May-13 15:53:52

If they're not painful then it's likely they're BH. I've felt them since 16w with this pregnancy. If you're worried check with your midwife though.

Ezza1 Fri 10-May-13 16:07:42

I've been feeling BHs for quite a few weeks but this is my 4th pregnancy.

When I had my 20 week scan, the sonographer had to wait a bit to check out the placenta position as she said I was contracting, although I didn't feel it that time.

I do feel them more when relaxing after being busy and after orgasm blush

Contact your midwife if you are worried though.

mum2benicole Fri 10-May-13 20:26:07

wow thanks ladies i will talk to my midwife on my next app its probs just me im finding my pregnacy hard have had trouble from the word go but it will be worth it smile
this site is fab

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now