Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Can't get comfortable on left side!

(9 Posts)
rosiedays Fri 10-May-13 14:44:56

I struggle to sleep on left too, LO doesn't seem to like it much either as she will not settle if i lie that side (usful on days when less movement as it always gets her moving but not in a comfortable way) i've been give a foam wedge which great for supporting bump and stops that tugging feeling. pillow folded in 2 inside pillowcase would probably do the same.

MyNameIsAnAnagram Fri 10-May-13 13:22:20

On your Bach?? Or your Beethoven? Or possibly on your back?

MyNameIsAnAnagram Fri 10-May-13 13:21:35

You are fine to sleep on your Bach if it's comfortable, if it's not you know about it as you get dizzy and breathless.

Liveinthepresent Fri 10-May-13 12:40:22

I am using a v shaped pillow but you can do same with a few normal ones- pillow between legs and then bump sort of resting on one too- it may sound weird but it is so comfortable - the bit between my legs seems to really ease pressure...
I still wake up on my back often but my disturbed sleep stopped as soon as I got this position sorted.
Good luck!

MisselthwaiteManor Fri 10-May-13 12:33:23

I put a pillow under my bump and another behind my back because I always tip onto my back while I'm asleep, the pillow behind me keeps me tilted a bit towards the left if that happens.

Quilty Fri 10-May-13 12:30:08

At the moment I'm most comfortable on my back which I know isn't really advised!
Wake up every morning hoping baby has turned but he seems to be very stubborn!

BraveLilBear Fri 10-May-13 12:22:36

No advice apart from to say that I am also really struggling to sleep on left - just feel so much more comfortable on the right and can't seem to lie still on the left. May be because DP is on my right, but before pregnancy I was happy to sleep either way...

Hope it gets easier as I may have to adopt this tactic myself (at nearly 30 weeks and baby loves being head up or transverse to date!).

MyNameIsAnAnagram Fri 10-May-13 12:08:37

I find a normal pillow under my bump works on my left. For some reason I don't need it on my right.

Quilty Fri 10-May-13 12:06:05

So, baby still breech at 35 weeks.
Trying to stay on my left side at night to encourage it to turn head down but I'm getting so uncomfortable and now bump is big I feel I'm squashing the left side which I doubt is going to encourage baby to move at all!
Any ideas for using normal pillows to get in a better position at night? Is it better to be horizontal or propped up a bit?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now