Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Is smoked salmon ok to eat when pg, you know they non cooked type

(12 Posts)

Well guess smoking it is sort of cooking it, is it?

Anyway is this ok to eat ?

boardingschoolbaby Fri 10-May-13 12:09:47

I was told by the midwife it's absolutely fine; but does count as one of your "big fish" portions; so don't eat lots of other tuna or salmon etc

MaryannM Fri 10-May-13 12:48:43

Yes it's fine :-) enjoy! X

oh thanks,just going out for a meal with dh next week and was struggling looking at these starters

Smoked salmon
Caper berries, celeriac remoulade, shaved fennel and rocket salad with rye bread
Char grilled vegetable terrine
Pine nuts, aspragus, cherry tomatoes, mixed leaves
Goat cheese
Tomato coulis, balsamic glaze, pumpernickle bread and leaves
Pear and beetroot salad
Toasted walnuts, crumbed Stilton and rocket
Tiger prawns
Marinated in chilli, lime & coriander, red onion & cucumber salad and lime dip

because i def do not fancy veg terrine

BeanoNoir Fri 10-May-13 19:17:53

Mmmm, that restaurant sounds delicious

mmm stilton and goats cheese.my two fave things that I cannot eat for the next six months

cupcake78 Sat 11-May-13 07:55:27

You can now eat Stilton and cooked goats cheese is fine as well! See NHS guidelines!

I just looked on nhs and it def says to avoid any blue veined cheese and mould ripened cheese such as camembert and goats cheese

Soupqueen Sun 12-May-13 19:05:07

It's soft veined blues that should be avoided, it specifically says that Stilton is ok and that cooking cheeses like Camembert kills any bugs.

http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/pregnancy-and-baby/pages/foods-to-avoid-pregnant.aspx

you are not supposed to have veg pate anyway. I don't know why.
I think everything else on the list is ok

do you think vegtable terrine is a type of veg pate?

gallicgirl Sun 12-May-13 19:16:38

Avoid any sort of pate or terrine. I have a friend who works in a path lab (checks samples) and apparently pates harbour listeria.

I ate smoked salmon all through pregnancy and it never even occured to me that it wasn't cooked. Oops.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now