Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Can contractions feel like...

(8 Posts)
curiousgeorgie Fri 10-May-13 15:40:48

Thanks everyone, I did go in and get checked. Everything is fine, they just think I've pulled something / injured myself in some way.

rrreow Fri 10-May-13 12:56:36

I get pains like these that are bowel related (because whereas they're usually at the front when not pregnant, they're now at the back with your bump in front of them).

However that's just my personal purely anecdotal experience. I'd say it's probably best to go in and get checked out to put your mind at ease.

Mutley77 Fri 10-May-13 05:59:31

Sorry to hi-jack but I am also 33 weeks and been having contractions (baby number 3) - neither of the first 2 were prem.

Many are Braxton Hicks but then I get some proper ones, especially in the evening. All in my back too. I had assumed this was just body preparing and didn't think I was in prem labour - has been going on a week or so - do I need to get checked?

Thanks v much.

The stitch like pain sounds like round ligament pain. The period/back pain may or may not be premature labour. Prem labour can be quite different to term labour and the back period pain is quite typical of prem labour. It won't hurt to get checked. You will, however, regret it if you are in prem labour and don't get checked soon enough.

ShadowStorm Thu 09-May-13 17:01:06

maybe - my contractions with ds were just like very bad bouts of backache till quite late on. i'd call the midwife and get checked out just in case.

ShadowStorm Thu 09-May-13 17:00:52

maybe - my contractions with ds were just like very bad bouts of backache till quite late on. i'd call the midwife and get checked out just in case.

learnermummy Thu 09-May-13 15:34:59

My contractions were all in my back like that. Could be Braxton Hicks, but give the midwife another call.

curiousgeorgie Thu 09-May-13 15:26:46

A very bad period pain across the bottom of your back, almost in your bum cheeks, that reaches a peak and then goes away?

I'm only 33 weeks, and have been having an awful stitch like pain in my lower left hand side for three days, which hurt so much it took my breath away... And then for the past hour and a half I've been having these pains in my back and the baby is going crazy...

I called the midwife yesterday with the stitch pain and she just thought I'd strained myself... But now, is this something? Or does it not really sound like contractions?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now