Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Am i in labour

(11 Posts)

I had a sweep at 6ish today and have lost what I think is my plug it was bloody like discharge.. sorry if tmi.

have really bad pains for a min or so but its not really around my bump, mostly under the bump sort of just over my pubic bone. have had 3so far in the space of 30 mins.

larlemucker Tue 07-May-13 20:15:04

Sounds like it, I went into labour the day after my sweep. Felt like period pains, never felt it over my bump or in my back.
If you're not sure ring your midwife/labour ward and they can advise.

Good luck!

peacefuloptimist Tue 07-May-13 20:16:05

Bump... I don't have that much experience (I've only been through labour once) but what you describe does sound like labour. Congratulations. Don't panic. Do the things that normally keep you relaxed. What helped me to keep calm was to imagine seeing my baby at the end of it. If your contractions start coming every 4 minutes get yourself to hospital. Good luck!

neontetra Tue 07-May-13 20:20:03

Sounds like it to me! You could ring the labour ward and let them know, but they won't want you to come in till contractions are 4 mins apart, which can take ages to get to! Good luck, and keep timing those contractions!

thanks all i should really know better this will be my 2nd . will phone soon.

Wishfulmakeupping Tue 07-May-13 20:28:48

Yes sounds like it good luck!

mildred37 Wed 08-May-13 08:15:44

How are you seeking?

Thanks a lot for your advice ladies. I am fine now and you were rightI was in labour, I gave birth at 10.12pm to a lovely baby boy and we are home now and settling into some sort of routein! x

oh wow!

congratulations!! flowers

terilou87 Mon 13-May-13 16:18:51

congrats on the baby flowers

ButteryJam Mon 13-May-13 17:18:25

Wow many many congratulations! flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now