Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pineapple & curried out. Walked miles, had sex. Now taking bets!

(135 Posts)
mildred37 Wed 01-May-13 20:05:27

So. I'm fed up of having twinges, being told baby is engaged and that I'm huge or too big for dates angry. Have walked literally miles today up and down hills (back & legs didn't thank me for that), have been eating pineapple every day for weeks and taking raspberry leaf capsules, and tonight had a vindaloo & DH and I have DTD for the 3rd time this week. Any takers on ideas how long it will take for DC1 to finally make an appearance?!?! So desperate to get this baby out!!!!!!

mildred37 Sun 05-May-13 21:39:34

Unfortunately not - 38 today! I know I have a way to go yet but this ones a big'un...

GingerDoodle Sun 05-May-13 21:51:22

Do something inconvenient. I went for dinner in London (live near Gatwick and was going to Chichester), first babies don't arrive within 6 hours of twinges starting a whole week early... obviously.

(Full blown labour on packed commuter train and car ride ending in transition as we got to the hospital. DD born 1 1/2 hours after parking car!)

rootypig Sun 05-May-13 22:09:26

gracious!

<settles in for long haul>
brew biscuit

mildred37 Mon 06-May-13 09:33:46

Ok, silly question alert.

Are contractions usually all around your bump/back (as in a band) or can they be just on one side? Can't tell if it's BH or a UTI sad

PregnantPain Mon 06-May-13 11:29:16

My contractions last labour started in my back but they would sort of slowly increase round to the front of bump if that makes sense. I would phone your midwife for advice as if it's one side it may possibly be UTI but I am not a doctor.

mildred37 Wed 08-May-13 16:32:26

Been to see midwife this morning. Baby is now fully engaged, measuring 41cms and there is no more room! Baby is in perfect position for labour (apparently) and she's booked me in for a sweep when I'm 40+2 but highly doubts that ill need it - eek! Asked her to check ursine for UTI (as per earlier posts) but no infection or even protein, so we think it's the kidney stones playing up. However this afternoon I have have a couple of "motions" - second one quite loose - and have had backache so watch this space!

TwentyTinyToes Wed 08-May-13 16:47:35

Ohh good luck. Keep us posted when you can. Hope it goes quickly and smoothly for you.

Dillydollydaydream Wed 08-May-13 17:02:59

The night I went into labour with ds I'd had a lovely spicy takeaway for dinner and dh and I dtd when we went to bed. However, he was a week late so I'll Never know if I would have gone into labour anyway.

mildred37 Thu 09-May-13 20:40:41

That's what I always wonder, if it's already set in stone like fate; or if we can actually bring these things on.

Am wondering if I am in the very very early stages of labour today. Alot of aches/pains in my back, bump and pelvis, as well as a general feeling of not being right today and (sorry TMI) loose bowel movements. Am resting in bed in preparation for what could be the longest night of my life! (Or I could be a drama queen and nothing happens. We will see!)

samsmother Thu 09-May-13 21:10:19

Mildred, wishing positive things to you if your baby appears tonight :-)

mildred37 Fri 10-May-13 06:33:19

Thanks sams. Nothing happening overnight and it all seems to have stopped. Dammit!

dexterpat Sat 11-May-13 19:03:21

I was like this with ds1 after 40 weeks tried everything at 42wks they induced me ds1 arrived at 42+2

With ds2 I rested and only did what I had to at 42wk exactly my waters broke at 1am ds2 was here by 4.30am

DON'T knacker yourself out walking and bouncing etc try to get as much sleep as possible I know it's really shit no one tells you about the over due bits of labour ( with ds1 I had 3 days of contractions at 39 weeks which stopped) just get comfy you baby will come eventually and you don't want to have knackered your self out walking miles before labour x good luck keep us updated

mildred37 Mon 13-May-13 15:11:36

Thanks Dexter. I'm now 39+1 and am having period type pains this afternoon, as well as loose bowel movements (again). I'm also experiencing what I can only describe as sporadic tingling, almost like a pins and needles sensation across my lower belly. Very strange! Am hoping this is the start of it all, I am getting very fed up and am so ready for my baby to get here!!!

cookiewuk Mon 13-May-13 16:02:41

I feel for you all, Im 38+6 today and really wanting to meet ds2! I had a sweep on sat as my blood pressure was slightly raised and I am high risk due to previous pre-eclampsia. I was 2cm and cervix was quite thin so I was expecting to labour through Sunday and be sitting here with my gorgeous newborn already but no such luck. All that happened was crampy pains and bleeding on sat evening, a bit more bleeding on sun then nothing since. I've been bouncing, scrubbing stair carpet, nipple tweaking, dtd, eating pineapple and having hot baths but nothing has worked. I guess I'll give up for now, try to get ahead on my open uni work and make plans to meet my gran for lunch and meet other pregnant friends for aqua natal tomorrow and see where that gets me!

mildred37 Mon 13-May-13 18:33:32

I'm testing the "make plans" theory - we're meant to be having a new floor put down in the bathroom tomorrow so Sod's law will dictate it will kick off later tonight or early morning ;)

samsmother Mon 13-May-13 21:48:38

Fingers crossed for you Mildred! My waters broke unexpectedly all over the carpet that had been laid 6 HOURS PREVIOUSLY! So there's hope yet :-)

mildred37 Tue 14-May-13 08:25:18

Still nothing, apart from a strop this morning on learning that yet another member of my family had their baby last night....that's 2 in 2 days now and I'm the only one left! Had a bit of a cry and DH laughed at me sad. Also had a dream we'd had our beautiful baby and he was so perfect. So today I am fed up!!!

I feel for you Mildred, I'm due today and not even had a twinge this is number 2. DD1 was 11 days late but labour started on day 10 so I'm giving this one a week till she is here.

Make lots of plans to pass the time and try get out the house as much as possible.

Fakebook Tue 14-May-13 10:33:53

Strops are good! Crying is good too! I had a good tantrum and a cry the day before I went into labour.

McRoo Tue 14-May-13 10:44:44

Totally understand how you feel. I'm 40+6 today and just come back from my second sweep. I've made no internal progress since my sweep a week ago, despite me being convinced I was in early labour on Saturday with regular back pain contractions, lots of show and even front contractions too. baby's head has actually gone from 2/5 engaged to 3/5.

I'm booked for my third sweep on Friday when I'll be 40+9 and then off to be induced on Monday 20th.

I'm just so upset. I can't quite put my finger on exactly why but I just want to cry and cry.

ButteryJam Tue 14-May-13 10:50:21

McRoo ((hug)).

I'm also trying to get things going, been getting plenty of aches and pains, and plenty of gas too, so no idea if anything is progressing. Treating myself to lunch out today followed by a haircut. Hopefully that will cheer me up a little!

mildred37 Tue 14-May-13 10:54:19

McRoo, it's totally normal to feel upset - I'd be the same (or will be!). I've heard so many women before me get upset, fed up and unreasonable when their DC is overdue, but I completely underestimated it. I said to DH this morning that i'll be the first woman ever to have a 10-11 month pregnancy!!!

Waiting for the floor fitters to arrive at the moment, just want them to get it over and done with so I can put my slobby comfy clothes on again!!

mildred37 Tue 14-May-13 10:55:46

Buttery, the gas is ridiculous isn't it!! I get terrible stomach ache in the morning, nothing but a big trump gets rid.....

I've also never been more regular than I have been the last 2 weeks....and here I was worried about piles!!

McRoo Tue 14-May-13 11:02:21

Mildred - I'll be beating you to that 10 month pregnancy ;-)

Thanks for the kind words. This is so bloody stressful.

Callipygian Tue 14-May-13 11:50:41

Feeling your pain. I'm 41+5 today and going for my third and final sweep this afternoon sad just seems like nothing will get this baby out. Ive been fully effaced for at least a week, and 2 days ago i was 4cm dilated (i was 3cm dilated 5 days ago).

Going to nandos for lunch and will opt for hot, we'll see if that gets me anywhere.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now