Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Fantastic, fabulous 40+ Mums-to-be! Part 4

(580 Posts)
rosiedays Wed 01-May-13 09:30:08

as i filled the last post on old thread it seemed only polite to start the new one. hope i've done it right confused

To those who have just found this thread, Welcome and congratulations on you BFP. please feel free to join this amazing supportive group of 40+ mums to be. A very nonjudgmental and friendly place to hang out and share your pregnancy.

Blundermum 40, DC2 due early May?
Lotsofcheese, 40/41, DC2 (girl) due May (DS 4y)
Onemoreforgoodmeasure, 40, DC1 due 06/06
cyclecamper, 42, DC1 due 14/06
Newchoos, 40, DC2, due early July
Blueeyes1970,42, DC1 due on 8th July
BadMissM, 45, DC2, due 22/7
Rosiedays, 43 DD3 due 23rd July(ish)
ScubaSarah, nrly 40, DC1?, due July 22-Aug 1
Iclaudius,45, due 29/07
LottieH, 44, DC5, due mid August
Sparklysapphire, 44, DC2, due 28/8
BuzzBee, 40, DC2, due Sept
Notsoold, 41,DC3 due end of October
Animol, 42, DC5 due 13th
November

mellie45 Fri 27-Sep-13 14:03:56

Hi, I am new to this forum. You can add me to the fantastic, fabulous 40+ list. I am 45 years old and expecting my first December 15. A boy!!!

notsoold Tue 08-Oct-13 22:36:54

Mellie....welcome to the thread!!! Congratulations on your pregnancy and a boy!!! How lovely!!
I am also expecting a boy (dc1 is a dd - 19 and dc2 is a ds 14)....

My goodness this thread is really quiet now!!!

Blueberry68 Tue 15-Oct-13 13:07:47

Hello been lurking about for ages - am 33weeks now - can't believe it!
45 years & having a little boy - 3rd already have 2 girls who are 11 & 9 - super excited!!
Due dec 2nd - have a feeling he might be a bit early - feel like its a miracle as conceived very fast!
Lovely reading everyone's stories!
Have a stinking cold at the mo mind you!!
Getting room ready now - soooo excited but bit nervy re sleepless nights etc again at my age!!

quickdowntonson Wed 16-Oct-13 21:27:05

Just bumping this up a bit! (sorry!!). I love reading this thread (TTC dc 3, 2 miscarriages in the last 6 months but living in hope).
Where have you all gone??
smile xx

scarecrow22 Fri 18-Oct-13 04:26:03

not been here for ages, but a couple of names I recognise. Just done night feed for my lo - ds is just 6mo - and wanted to say we have a new grads thread in Parenting, and we'd love to see notsoold and any others of you over there when you, well, graduate smile Pretty sure I remember notso and Blueberry at least from before I had ds. Good luck and safe arrivals all

notsoold Fri 18-Oct-13 04:51:05

Scare....will be joining you all soon I hope!!!

Blueberry....your girls must be very excited. As we only have ds with us (dd has her own place) and being 14, although excited it doesn't compare to how excited he gets with FIFA 14 smile

Quickdownton...that is the spirit!!! I had a mmc and a chemical pg before this lo...do not give up!!

Well the reason I am up is because today is the BIG day!!smile
C section or induction ( after a scan to check if lo is still breech). Very excited if somewhat scared as it is my first c section!!! Also I am glad that they booked me for 39 weeks as I feel like my body was starting to gear itself up for labour ( all the twinges, etc)

Xxx

blueblackdye Tue 19-Nov-13 12:10:18

Very quiet on here indeed ! I am an oldie of this thread and have moved on the grads one a while ago : my second baby is now almost 16 mo and had her aged 41! Just wanted to say we are waiting to welcome you and baby on the other side...

scarecrow22 Tue 19-Nov-13 12:14:23

secon bbd's welcome on grads thread in parenting where many if us still hang out and support each other with advice, listening ears, poo stories, virtual expressions and so on

we are here

scarecrow22 Tue 19-Nov-13 12:15:11

virtual expressos ....though emoticons too grin

Avalon13 Tue 19-Nov-13 13:03:54

Just my luck, I was hoping to have lots of ladies to talk to and I find a quiet thread. Maybe more people will come along.

I'm 41 and I've recently found out I'm expecting, 6 weeks tomorrow. The father is an ex who doesn't want more children, so I haven't said anything to him yet. I've pretty much terrified myself so much with the risks of pregnancy and I'm hoping to find someone to chat to who shares my concerns so I don't feel quite so crazy. I'm worried this is my one and only chance to have a child...which is driving me more insane. How on earth will I get through 8 months of this and hold on to my sanity?

scarecrow22 Tue 19-Nov-13 13:39:03

Avalon congratulations first and foremost. until things pick up over here, do come and join us in the grads thread. We were all on here and would live to support you and "get to know you", so to speak. It doesn't matter to us that you are hopefully a grad to be! Most of us were in the same boat conceiving our first children to be born in our 40s - and you are by no means the oldest!

one thing many of us did is fork out for an extra (private) scan - I had mine at the Foetal Medicine Centre in London - as the risk assessment for Downs etc is massively more detailed and so accurate and by bot relying so heavily on age is less likely to be worrying. eg mine was c 1/200 via NHS and 1/2000 via FMC.

if you are not ready for the thread do PM me if you want some company. I'm now 43 and have a dd who will be 3 in Dec and a ds born on 9 April (I joined this thread when pg with him ).

take good care
Scarecrow x

blueblackdye Tue 19-Nov-13 14:52:59

Avalon, welcome ! You never know, there is always someone lurking and who might feel comfy enough to jump in ! Seconding Scarecrow, feel free to come to the grads thread for company if things remain too quiet here.

Pregnancy is a journey some of us loathed and others loved. This little human being growing inside is a miracle, a gift. There will be worries, concerns but fx, all will end well with a healthy little newborn in your arms.

I am 42, DS is 5 and DD is almost 16 mo, joined the thread in March 2012 and very very happy to have all these Mums/friends to talk to about anything/everything !

Avalon13 Tue 19-Nov-13 15:42:27

scarecrow22 and blackbluedye, thank you both for replying. Think I'm just having a bad day cos reading your messages made me cry. lol. Maybe it's a pregnancy symptom? I'm already known for being an emotional stresshead and overthinker so more tears are just what I need.

I'm off to see if I can find the grads thread. Don't want to be dragging you over here just for me.

blueblackdye Tue 19-Nov-13 15:58:37

Avalon, Scarecrow has put a link to the grads thread in her last message, if you click on the blue "here" it will take you directly to it.
You will find that we cry, moan and laugh a lot too. At us mainly !

blueblackdye Tue 19-Nov-13 16:00:11

Sorry, not Scarecrow's last message but the one posted at 12.14 today

catdoctor Tue 19-Nov-13 16:31:33

Hello to all - haven't been around for ages - clinging to the wreckage, as they say!

I'll need to catch up with all the stories, I'm 45, Ds1 is 3, I'm due DS2 4.12.13 - so 2 weeks tomorrow!!

Better wash some baby grows!

Avalon I was significantly anti-baby till after I had my first - now I'm besotted - for me the best thing ever.

TTFN

Avalon13 Tue 19-Nov-13 16:31:46

Thanks blackbluedye, I'd seen that message but it hadn't registered about the link.

oo00PIXIE00oo Tue 10-Dec-13 21:52:33

Hello ladies can I join? Am a prolific reader and post occasionally and am at the moment petrified!!

Am 43 have 1dd aged 11 (next week) at 2 step dd 15&18 - history mc at 6 wks in April 12, mc at 7 weeks in July 12 and an MMC May 13 at 10 weeks. Today I find myself with a bfp 7+2 and have had a bad headache for two days. Have resisted the urge to contact the local EPU as every time we go we get bad news sad but OH has insisted as I won't take anything for headache so phoned the EPU today and have an appointment booked for tomorrow morning at 10.40 I am SOOOO scared of what they may tell me tomorrow and I know I shouldn't think negatively but it's so hard not too...

Curlyweasel Wed 11-Dec-13 15:03:06

this is a quiet thread! maybe needs reviving/reposting?

new member - 44/19 weeks and scan on Friday. don't know (or want to know) what we're having this time (dd is 8 - how did THAT happen?).

pixie - how did you get on? fingers crossed for you.

oo00PIXIE00oo Wed 11-Dec-13 20:30:31

We got a heartbeat smile smile smile measuring 8+2 grinning from ear to ear

Curlyweasel Thu 12-Dec-13 10:29:30

oh that's brilliant xxx

JBrd Mon 10-Feb-14 13:24:57

Oooh, hello! I finally found this thread again, I thought you'd disappeared! Is it still active at all, does anyone still look at it? No posts since December...

In any case, some of you might remember me, I have been here before... A couple of times sad
But currently 6+1 and crossing everything that I'll be fourth time lucky.

There are a couple of others on the 40+ ttc thread, and I will send them this way to re-initiate this thread.

willitbe Mon 10-Feb-14 20:24:07

Hi JBd, yep I am here. 9+3 today, I would love it if some of last years 40+ Ladies would come back and update us on how they got on. Looking at the lists from the start of the thread they all should have had their babies by now!!!!

JBrd Mon 10-Feb-14 21:55:41

will That's probably why it's been so quiet here! Let's hope we can re-populate this thread smile

Irishmammybread Mon 10-Feb-14 22:56:33

Hello!!! I'm coming to join you!
29+3 today.
JBrd when will you have your first scan? I know it's impossible not to worry(I still start to freak out if I think I haven't felt baby wriggling for a while so I don't know if it's possible to ever completely relax after suffering pregnancy loss) but I'm sure you'll be fine. x
willitbe 9+3 already ! (though I'm sure time hasn't felt like it's going quickly for you!).Where are you up to with scans?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now