Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

to be so scared about pregnancy #2

(6 Posts)
Iwish Fri 26-Apr-13 22:26:09

I feel the same huni. I am 4 weeks today and will have a 2 year 3 month age gap (eek)

I have no useful advice to give just wanted to send a big hug and say you are not alone xxx

lovesteaandcake Fri 26-Apr-13 22:03:21

I'm nervous too. I'm 20 weeks with DD2 & I'm constantly worried how my DD will behave once her sister arrives. There will also be 2 years & 3 months between them.

I'm finding it hard being pregnant & running after DD, but it's going to be worse when DD2 is born.
I worry about how I will potty train & breastfeed.
I don't think you are alone in your anxiety. I think it's pretty normal to feel how you do.

As your pregnancy progresses you may find your worries ease a bit & you start to get excited. I do have moments like that, but I still wonder how I'm ever going to have enough love for DD2 when I love DD so much.

Bibs123 Fri 26-Apr-13 21:44:52

I could have written your post! I only found out today that I am also approx 4 weeks with no 2 and the age gap will (all being well) 2 years 3 months. I have been panicing that its too soon and having feelings of guilt to my baby girl! Of course I am really happy and it was all planned but I think its normal to worry once there is no going back so to speak. Its a massive thing so it wouldnt be normal not to worry a bit. I also had a difficult forceps delivery last time so, like you, I am going to have to deal with the worries about that. I keep thinking how good it will be to have another newborn and of course how lovely it will be for DD to have a sibling in the longrun x

RubyrooUK Fri 26-Apr-13 18:41:09

I've got DS1 (2.7) and DS2 (6 weeks).

Today we went to see friends and DS1 wouldn't let anyone hold "our baby". He got worried when the baby started crying in his car seat and asked me to pick him up. And when the baby cried in the car, he sung songs with me to cheer him up.

He is SO SO proud to be a big brother and finds the baby fascinating. We always tell him that he is an amazing big brother and make a big fuss of good behaviour.

It IS hard work having a toddler and a baby but it is not awful at all. Mainly it is rewarding if exhausting. There are hard times but DS1 already thinks that the baby is a part of our family. He may get occasionally jealous of my time but not currently of the baby - that is one big benefit of a small age gap.

2Labradors Fri 26-Apr-13 18:25:02

Oh hun please don't worry. It's normal to feel worried when you find out you're expecting.

I have 2 DC already and the age gap sounds very similar, my DD was 2 and half when DS was born. It's a lovely gap and, they're now 9 & 7, they play together all the time, always have someone to play with.

It's normal to look at baby stuff too. I feel the same, that I shouldn't look at anything until 12 weeks plus (I'm 8 weeks with DC3) but we're only human, and women, and everything is just there at out fingertips on the Internet. I've only had the tiniest peek on mothercare though.

I'm sure your worry will pass as you become used to the idea as its all very new still. I totally freaked out at 1st, and DH was in shock for days!

wonderingifiam2013 Fri 26-Apr-13 11:14:01

It's early days (approx 4 weeks) and I'm going bonkers already!

I really thought that I'd take this news alot better than I have and behave calmer than last time ... but I'm not! sad

I keep thinking the worst, and although I know I shouldn't look at anything baby related until 12 weeks I can't help it.

I had implantation bleeding the first time and again this time - which I've read is a good sign the little one is fixing on tight smile

I had a really bad time last time (resulting in EMCS and a while in hospital afterwards for tests on me and baby - all resulting in a good bill of health for us both smile ) and I think I suffered with a bit of PND. So maybe this is why I'm freaking out a little?

I'm also worried as the gap won't be that big and I'll have a full on toddler (2 years 4 months) and a newborn.

PLEASE stop me worrying now and tell me how great how mad I am! it's going to be wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now