Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Am 10 weeks, stomach cramping, like period pains.

(8 Posts)
BabyStone Fri 26-Apr-13 17:55:06

Any luck getting an appointment?

Thanks baby stone, I think I'll do that.

BabyStone Fri 26-Apr-13 11:35:35

Hi, it is a good sign your still having pregnancy symptoms and no bleeding smile
Can you not ring the Early Pregnancy Unit at your hospital? they might be able to get you an appointment today or tomorrow (if open at the weekends) if you want to put your mind at rest.

fingers crossed for you x

Thanks Yummymummy. No cramping since early this morning so fingers crossed panic over. Am just so tired from not sleeping because of the worry.

It's scary isn't it, you expect each pregnancy to be pretty much alike and then something like this happens and you pretty much convince yourself something is terribly wrong.

I feel more upbeat today, boobs still hurt and still feel sick so that's a good sign isn't it. Just got to hang it out till Monday now for the scan.

Thanks. Xx

YummyMummy17 Fri 26-Apr-13 10:40:09

Hey grin

Congratulations!!

Last week I was the exact same as you! With DS I didn't have any period like cramping at all but this pregnancy I do!! I was up for 4nights scared to go to sleep crying! It's horrible cos you get worried!

But I posted and almost everyone told me it was just stomach stretching etc! I had my 12wk scan on Tuesday and the nurse pointed out the placenta, which tied in with we're my stomach cramps were etc.

Instead of seeing them as a worry look at the cramps as "something happening" your baby growing!! grinsmile Atleast you can feel something going on wink

No bleeding, then please don't worry.

Good luck xxx

Thanks runs with.

Just can't remember anything like this with the other 2. Have rung midwife again and they said won't scan, just got to rest, take paracetamol and use hot water bottle. Think basically if going to miscarry will do so anyway and no point in scanning.

Just wait and see I suppose.sad

Runswithsquirrels Thu 25-Apr-13 18:10:47

Do what you think best.

I had period like cramping pains in the first trimester (in 3rd now - was everything stretching), but I don't know how bad yours are. Only you can decide. If in doubt - call and have your mind set at rest!

Midwife said to rest but they not changing. Have not been to work today and have got through the whole day without losing it but am starting to get more and more concerned!

No bleeding and boobs still really hurt do rational side of me says not to worry.

Should I worry? Would you worry?

Got tests at FMC booked for Monday so having scan then so not sure if they would give me one locally if I just rang and asked!

Do I just wait or should I ring midwife?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now