Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Oh My..... Im pregnant!

(23 Posts)

We have been trying for 8 months. I wasn't sure it would happen because DP has an undescended testicle.

Just POAS because I relised I was due on monday just gone (almost forgot we were trying) and it was positive. shock

I'm feeling a bit numb...no emotion. Am I in shock? Im 30 in July and I've never been pregnant before. I have ASD so not sure I've done the right thing.

I haven't told DP...he is in work and I start in an hour not getting home until gone 10....

How can I concentrate?

YouDontWinFriendsWithSalad Wed 24-Apr-13 15:35:17

Congratulations!!

Spend the next few hours dreaming up creative ways to tell him!

I'm petrified he is gonna have changed his mind...I may spend too much time here and have a warped view of his reaction.

SucksToBeMe Wed 24-Apr-13 15:40:33

Congrats!! grin

YouDontWinFriendsWithSalad Wed 24-Apr-13 15:41:17

If you've been trying for that long hopefully he'll have come round to the idea, but just in case, don't expect him to jump up and down, give him some time to get used to it. You say you are numb now, he might be the same at first.

My DP was really shell shocked but hugged me and said it was fantastic etc, but then didn't mention it for weeks and looked a little panicked whenever I mentioned the baby. He just needed time to get his head around it. He fell in love with DD at first sight and is now looking forward to the next one.

birdofthenorth Wed 24-Apr-13 15:44:33

Congratulations! Mild panic is normal smile It will seem more real when you've told DP!

NotAQueef Wed 24-Apr-13 15:44:56

Congratulations! How exciting grin
Do you want to tell him face to face? could you send him a picture of the test or call him at work if you can't wait

He is a techophone...his phone doesn't do pictures and I want to tell hime to his face.

I told him last night I was late but we had a friend over so I only mentioned it very quickly when we were alone.

I feel bad because the kitchen is a shit tip and I've been to distracted to clean it.

He will be home before I finish work and he'll have to come home to it and I promised last night I'd do it. I think I'd be less freaked about telling him if I'd managed to clean up!

I knew I'd get a BFP just after my free alton towers sun offer tickets turned up...lol

Right I start in 8 minutes...better get going!

I'll be back later to update on DP....

NotAQueef Wed 24-Apr-13 15:59:40

Good luck, hope it all goes well and that you manage to get some work done.
I know the first time I went to work after getting a BFP I spent the whole time saying "I'm pregant" over and over again in my head grin

RJM17 Wed 24-Apr-13 16:30:40

Good luck and congrats!! X

SeriousStuff Wed 24-Apr-13 18:09:27

How wonderful! Congratulations. It's completely normal to be a bit shell-shocked, even when you are trying. I certainly was!

I wanted to see my DH face to face to tell him but I couldn't wait and I texted him.

Believe me, once you tell him he won't notice the state of the kitchen!

I just saw him on my break...he was driving past....I couldn't not tell him when he stopped to say hello... He just smiled and said 'awesome' kissed me and then had to drive away again!

He didn't seem arsed about the kitchen...which he had seen already....aww...much happier now.

Apparentlychilled Wed 24-Apr-13 18:45:13

congratulations! and so pleased that he was pleased too.

Home and had a nice long conversation with DP about everything...it's sunk in a bit now and I'm SCARED! So much has to change.

Casmama Wed 24-Apr-13 23:29:37

I don't know anyone who didn't feel scared when they found out they were pregnant- it passes and excitement takes over. Congratulations!

I keep getting dull cramps...like I'm going to come on? Is this normal?

YouDontWinFriendsWithSalad Thu 25-Apr-13 01:00:36

Yes it's normal, well, I had them in both my pregnancies anyway.

Glad your DP was pleased smile

Aww, thanks everyone.

He is quite excited...he doesn't have to give birth I suppose. I'm scared something will go wrong...plenty of time to worry about birth.

DP is getting out the cotton wool to wrap me in as we speak. grin

ChippingInLovesSpring Thu 25-Apr-13 01:13:08

Congratulations!!! I'm envy

Glad he wasn't fussed about the kitchen, bodes well for when you have a newborn!! grin

What has to change??

ChippingInLovesSpring Thu 25-Apr-13 01:13:51

He sounds lovely smile

Where our money goes mainly....and where we live....not really ideal. But we new this when we started trying.

I have ASD and a couple of weeks ago went uber apsie one night and stayed up all night creating the quite complex 10 year master plan budget.

DP reckons it was subconscious early nesting grin bless.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now