Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

It's the Posifrickingtivity/L aura Ashley Skirt Graduate Thread!

(997 Posts)
ChocolateCremeEggBag Tue 23-Apr-13 22:00:37

new Thread!

GardenWorm Thu 25-Apr-13 06:18:46

Sounds like yesterday was full of good news all round in the end-YEY! Anda I hope secretive must be a boy twin behaves today and you are able to find out their sex! Someone else had a booking in today with a mc milestone but I can't remember who, sorry! Hope it goes well and know the feeling the same happened to me last time which is why I will probably get told off on Friday for leaving my booking in appt until nearly 10wks. Oh and someone else broke the Guiness Book of Records record for loudest fanny fart. Respect. grin

MooMoi Thu 25-Apr-13 07:31:39

Morning all, finding out that things here worked out well is a lovely way to start the day smile

Someone mentioned that they get cramps when walking - snap! My late for work walk has got quite interesting recently. I'm telling myself that it's totally normal smile

My booking in appointment isn't until 11 weeks - hoo hum.

Here's hoping we all have a good day

andadietcoke Thu 25-Apr-13 07:47:37

shell that's brilliant and doesn't make me want one at all, oh no I'm so pleased you're reassured.

jmf hope today passes with event and the worst thing that happens is going through that sodding green notes book. Will be thinking of you xx

IBelieveInPink Thu 25-Apr-13 08:05:57

Shell! That's fab!! So pleased, must be suh a weight off your mind. You can enjoy it now! Now I want a dopplar....... Maybe will start nagging lovely friend again who tried to make me resist.....

JanieLovesCake Thu 25-Apr-13 08:10:49

Yay shell!!! That's brilliant!! Delighted you're mind is at rest now smile

Fx for the scans today!!

GaryBuseysTeeth Thu 25-Apr-13 08:49:50

Shell, excellent news! Tis lovely being able to find hb by yourself!

Moo, I've been waking at night with horrendous, need to walk them off, calf cramps. Oh pregnancy, you are so glamorous.

Garden grin I have visions of nervous pg ladies across the land attempting to out fanny-fart each other, if we ever have a meetup it shall be our secret greeting!

Thinking of you both today jmf & anda

JanieLovesCake Thu 25-Apr-13 09:07:42

Haahaaaa!!! Gary that just made me laugh out loud at my desk!! Like the freemasons, but different!!

shellshock7 Thu 25-Apr-13 11:06:20

What a difference a day makes, much happier today smile

Good luck anda can't wait to hear your news!

Ha ha gary that's funny...but I'm hoping its all over for me now and never to be repeated!!

andadietcoke Thu 25-Apr-13 12:00:52

It's two girls don't tell my mum, I haven't told her yet

Three lifetime memberships to the fannymasons club please grin

GaryBuseysTeeth Thu 25-Apr-13 12:07:51

Fannymasons! I think we have our next thread title (and judging by the speed we filled the last one it won't be long).

Congrats on your two little girls anda!! grin

Vixjane Thu 25-Apr-13 12:09:07

Congrats anda!!

Thanks for the advice re vertigo, decided to stay at home today to see how it went.

shell good news on finding the heartbeat!

shellshock7 Thu 25-Apr-13 12:19:05

Wow! Congrats anda gringringrin Now comes the hard bit of choosing names shock ha ha

IBelieveInPink Thu 25-Apr-13 12:20:22

Awww two girls? How lovely! That's so lovely diet, are you excited now? Surely can relax a little smile

Lucky13ForBaby Thu 25-Apr-13 12:39:19

Sorry for the me post but am scared. Having bad on off pain low in my left abdomen. Had me doubled over before. It's like a stabbing pain. I'm not constipated as went earlier today. Am 91/2 weeks. Anyone had anything similar.

BumpKitty Thu 25-Apr-13 12:45:42

lucky call the epu, they will either reassure you or get you in for a scan. Hope it's stopped now x

anda that is so lovely little twinnie girls grin so.... Are you going to start shopping yet? And, how was the scan, was one still being all tucked up? X

andadietcoke Thu 25-Apr-13 12:53:20

Lucky that's what we're here for - me posts. Invariably someone else has had it before, or they will in the future so it's not meme at all.

Even if you're not constipated it could be trapped wind. Lie on your left side with a pillow under your legs. Massage your tummy and see if it helps. I constantly get stabby pains, and this always helps. However, ring the EPU. They will reassure you, or ask you to pop in. Either way you'll feel like progress is being made. Let us know how you get on. It may even be early round ligament pain. Hugs xx

bump it was a good scan and at the moment I feel quite positive, but then I also wonder how long that will last!! So maybe not shopping, but definitely list making and price comparisoning grin

Vixjane Thu 25-Apr-13 12:54:10

lucky i've been having those since tuesday, from wht dr google and others have said if there's no blood then it will prob be stretching (i'm almost 9 weeks). Mine has eased off now but does play on my mind. if you're worried or it very bad contact the epu as bump suggest. If nothing else it will put your mind at rest x x

DIYandEatCake Thu 25-Apr-13 13:10:08

lucky I agree with bump, call your epu (or gp if you have to be referred by them). My pains at 5 weeks were like you describe, feeling like having to double over, no reason was found though and they went after a few days. But gp and epu were great, I got checked over and scanned and have a follow up scan tomorrow.

anda that's wonderful, so glad all is well smile

I am still nauseous and grumpy - yay! - feel like lying in bed with magazines but 2yo dd has other ideas. I'm feeling mean as I have less patience with her fussing and tantrums at the moment, she is just doing what toddlers do and it's not her fault I feel rough.

Pentagon Thu 25-Apr-13 13:18:51

anda congratulations!! How lovely!!

lucky I agree, you'd better call epu, hopefully it's nothing to worry about (it shouldn't be) I've also had stabbing pains in the last couple of weeks...

JanieLovesCake Thu 25-Apr-13 13:36:51

Oh anda that's just fab!! I'm imagining 2 wee toddlers with pigtails smile

Lucky so sorry you're feeling so crampy, I would defo give the gp or epu a shout just so you can get some reassurance. Fx honey xxxx

stitchinline Thu 25-Apr-13 14:01:12

Well I’m back, driving myself completely potty with all the freaking out. Only 5 weeks and totally barmy, I just feel like I’m waiting for it all to go wrong.
Lovely to see you here shellshock, glad the Doppler is working, can’t wait to get mine out and be able to reassure myself whenever I want
I was trying to work out if I fitted any threads so when I saw shellshock on here I thought that this was the best place for me. I had 2 MC then had DD in March 2012, was just starting to think about another and well here I am shock. I think that is why I’m so sure this will go wrong – it was so quick compared with the 12 months to get pg with DD.

shellshock7 Thu 25-Apr-13 14:11:38

lucky how you feeling now? Have you called EPU?

stitch hello grin Just filled up seeing your name, such memories of last time congratulations smile It's lovely here, everyone helps each other a lot smile Really hope things go smoothly for you x

How is your DD? Can you believe we're back here again already?!

GardenWorm Thu 25-Apr-13 14:27:14

Anda pink ones are just fab (may be slightly biased as I have a crazy pink toddler!). Lovely smiley, happy news, congratulations!

Lucky I hope your pains were wind and have buggered off to leave you a little bit calmer?

....getting poohed off with this constipation malarky. Enough now, let me pooh as free as a bird!

GardenWorm Thu 25-Apr-13 14:29:04

Oh and sorry, how rude : Hello Stitch!!!!

JanieLovesCake Thu 25-Apr-13 14:32:46

Hi stitch smile congrats!!

Garden be careful what you wish for, I had the runs most of last week and couldn't be anywhere more than 10ft from a toilet..when you gotta go you GOTTA go shock

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now