Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

It's the Posifrickingtivity/Laura Ashley Skirt Graduate Thread!

(997 Posts)
ChocolateCremeEggBag Tue 23-Apr-13 22:00:37

new Thread!

GardenWorm Thu 16-May-13 15:50:50

Lovely lovely news jmf - congratulations! grin

shellsocks Thu 16-May-13 16:14:11

pink I was exactly the same with DS but this time I'm excited abt not finding out smile

I'm defo waddling but am trying to move like the physio taught me last time, combat the PGP in advance...god knows if it will help confused

GardenWorm Thu 16-May-13 16:17:31

Pink with your name, heartbeat and girl vibes it would be ironic if you had a blue one!

My DH wants a boy but I'm thinking bean is another girl...I quite like not knowing, it means we get to cry with laughter whilst trying to chose boy and girl names. Last time we each created short lists and combined them then left it a few weeks before it got to almost due date, pulled out the list and spent an hour howling at the horrific names on there (most of which were DH's choice that he tried to blame me for!)

Aoifebelle Thu 16-May-13 16:31:36

I am in work and I sooooo can't be arsed to do anything, so here I am (I won't tell you what charity I work for, so you won't be able to tell if I am merrily pissing away your heartfelt donations - i am normally very conscientious BTW). My boss asked me yesterday to start thinking about my maternity leave and how they will cope without me. Have put her off until after my holidays. All seems very far off - I haven't even told my parents yet.

I realllllly want a boy. All the grandchildren on both mine and OH's side are girls. All I have to do is have a boy, name him after my dad and we will inherit the lot (sum total about £2.50).

I am so definitely waddling, but I think I am putting it on. I am also doing that pregnant lady getting up from the sofa thing. Completely unnecessary, but may as well get the practice in.

IBelieveInPink Thu 16-May-13 17:06:21

Yes to the preggy lady getting up thing!!!! Haha Aoife you do make me giggle. I do this!! Thing is, I didn't even realise I was!!! Ha! I'm so glad I have you crazy ladies and I'm not alone!

Sorry jmf, I forgot to say Yaaaaaaaaaay! So pleased it went well.

I also thought I wanted a boy. But now that it feels like a girl, I have been swayed.... I will be overjoyed with either. and would love to play Barbie and my little pony again

Aoifebelle Thu 16-May-13 17:27:18

Much congratulations from me as well JMF apologies for not posting sooner, I thought I had. I hope you took full advantage of the posh tea and coffee on offer at FMC. Did you dig the body temperature jelly?

Have nuchal fold scan and blood on Monday (NHS not Harley street darling). Do they tell you anything on the day, or do you have to wait for the results? Trying not to think about it as I am 99.9% certain it will send me into another tail-spin and result in shitty weekend.

Stats update
GaryBuseysTeeth: 1DS, 1MC, EDD 10th Aug
Pentagon: 1 DD, 2MMCs, EDD 31st October, next scan 14th June
BumpKitty: 1MC, 1DD, EDD 12 Nov, next scan 29th April
Shellshock7: 2MC 1DS EDD 12 Nov Next scan 28 June
Bodicea: 0DC, 2MC, EDD 16 Nov. Next scan 25th April
Ibelieveinpink: 2mc, EDD 17 Nov next scan 7th May
Lucky13: 1DS, 1 chemical, 2MC, EDD 23rd Nov, scan 11th May
Janielovescake: 1MC, 0DC, EDD 25 Nov, next scan 11th May
Vocalista86: 1 MMC, EDD 30 November. next scan (12 weeks) 20th May
Vixjane: 2 MC, EDD 30 Nov, next scan (12 weeks) 21 May
Aoifebelle: 1MC, EDD 1st Dec, next scan 20th May (NHS 12 weeks)
Jmf294: 1 DS, 1DD, 1 MC, EDD 10th Dec, scan 3rd May
Zeux 1DD 1MC EDD 14th December, first scan 24th May
DIYandEatCake: 1dd, 1mc, EDD ?16 dec, waiting for scan date
Booty: 1chemical EDD 19 Dec (Xmas baby!) next scan 25th April
pumpkinsweetie: EDD 26 Dec
WillSantaComeAgain: 1DC, 2MMC, EDD 30 Dec, 6 wk scan OK. Next scan ?w/c 17 June
Bakingtins: 2 DSs, 3 MC, EDD 6th Jan, scan 23rd April
Mummytothearkbuilder: 1DS, 1 MC, EDD tbc (Jan 2014), scan 24th May

IBelieveInPink Thu 16-May-13 18:06:14

Aoife - no, dont tell you much. Will tell you what your nuchal measurement is, and whether it's within 'normal' but that doesn't seem to have loads of correlation with the bloods. Like you say, best not thinking about it smile

ChocolateCremeEggBag Thu 16-May-13 18:17:49

Congratulations blackholes & jmf !!

Please can someone add me back to the list?

Chocolate----bag: 1 DS, EDD 18 Dec, scan 18 May (eep!)

I had a dream last night that there was nothing there when they scanned me sad - with big boobs and feeling sick I have been assuming nothing was wrong, but it made me feel awful this morning, back to worrying for the next day and a half...

BumpKitty Thu 16-May-13 18:51:09

That's great jmf smile so pleased for you.

I called the antenatal clinic today and they said I had to wait 3 weeks before asking for my results, so that's Monday then. I wasn't bolshy enough to say well can't you just check if you already have them please. Bollocks

I look proper pg today, I think this cardi needs to be retired before I pop the buttons off smile and I had a free check up at the dentists - non stop fun here

LuckySocks13 Thu 16-May-13 19:06:56

Great scan news blackholes and jmf smile

IBelieveInPink Thu 16-May-13 20:13:49

Is it bad that I just cooked a 'pasta for 2' pack for dinner, then realise DH wouldn't be home for dinner so ate his half too?! confused

Bakingtins Thu 16-May-13 20:48:06

Congratulations JMF!
Chocolate consider yourself added to the stats.

Aoifebelle Fri 17-May-13 08:02:33

Woke up this am, feeling a little bit fighty. Worried I may just skip the whole blooming thing and head straight for last trimester screaming loon.(read the apple crumble thread, made me giggle.) Poor OH.

DIYandEatCake Fri 17-May-13 08:10:37

Bleurgh, another stupid migraine and chucking up already. Today is going to be a very long day and poor dd is going to be somewhat neglected again.

Oh DIY I can totally sympathise with you. I suffer horrible migraines and normally take sumatriptan but can't take them in pregnancy :-( big hugs lovely - hope the day doesn't drag too much xx

DIYandEatCake Fri 17-May-13 11:00:06

Thanks. I didn't know how lucky I was being able to take a day off work and lie in bed last time round! 2yo dd isn't much good at playing by herself and has spent most of the day thrusting books at me shouting 'this book NOW mummy!' Only 7 hours til dp gets home...! So wish our parents were close enough to help out. I used to take rizatriptan but haven't for 3 years now due to pg and breastfeeding - was taking ibuprofen while breastfeeding which often worked if I took it early enough, but can't even have that now. Sorry, moaning on, just feel so awful and just want to crawl into bed!

Hope you feel better soon Diy, migraines are horrid, I used to get them alot when dd4 was a baby and I wasn't sleeping enough.
It's also so hard to rest with little ones running about!

Aoifebelle Fri 17-May-13 12:04:02

Oh dear I don't like the sound of migranes at all. I hope it eases off soon for you DIY. Any chance you could dose DD up with calpol and stick her in front of Barney? (Yep - I am allowed to have children)

Can't help feeling I am getting off a bit lightly with this pregnancy. No MS, no headaches only a little bit of sea sickness occassionally and bloating. I am now obviously touching wood as I have undoubtedly brought the wrath of the pregnancy gods down on my head.

stitchinline Fri 17-May-13 12:22:44

With you on the bleurgh - I did manage to pick up DD tummy bug so have been laid out most of the week, DD doesn't just shove books at me - she likes to belt me on the head with them. Not very conducive to rest and recuperation, finally got her back to nursery yesterday so had a day on my own - would have been bliss if I didn't feel so awful.

At work today but MS has now decided to kick in and I still feel horrendous.

Supposed to be going away tomorrow and not at all ready - going to be a late one tonight

stitchinline Fri 17-May-13 12:25:06

Stitchinline: 2MC, 1DD, EDD 27 Dec, scan 14 June

shellsocks Fri 17-May-13 13:02:05

garden we find choosing names tough as we have very different tastes! As an example DH suggested Baxter, Grover, Skeeter, Decimus, Ulysses and lots more like that last time?! Luckily we went with my fav...he caved the moment he was finally born grin

aoife and pink I really wanted a girl last time, but finding out it was a boy at the 20w scan is up there with the best days of my life along with Liverpool winning euro cup any thoughts of a girl went right out the window smile

Sorry your suffering again diy and that you and DD have been ill stitch hmm

I feel awful today, more PIL issues so another sleepless night, makes me feel so sick when I'm tired and have to get up for work hmm Big fat preggo belly tho today yay! grin

Bakingtins Fri 17-May-13 13:26:12

Skeeter grin

IBelieveInPink Fri 17-May-13 13:46:31

They are some, Erm, unique names shell!! <<careful not to offend anyone who actually has a decimus in the family....>>

Sorry your pil are still giving you issues. Seriously, you would think people would try and avoid the drama at the moment, hope you okay.

I'm also sleepy today, had horrific nightmares. Damn these vivid dreams. Thankfully not bebby related, although DH did dream I was in labour, and bebby was about to pop and he woke up! Bless.

Skeetergringringrin

Sorry to hear about your pil shell, I have one on up on mine as they don't know and hopefully won't know for a long whilesmile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now