Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

It's the Posifrickingtivity/L aura Ashley Skirt Graduate Thread!

(997 Posts)
ChocolateCremeEggBag Tue 23-Apr-13 22:00:37

new Thread!

Aoifebelle Wed 24-Apr-13 19:27:46

Good to hear you are feeling reassured dietcoke. One thing. Can we start a campaign to change the language around pregnancy and.childbirth. I mean, incompetent cervix, blighted ovum, molar pregnancy. These terms were so not coined by women.

DIYandEatCake Wed 24-Apr-13 19:31:01

Oh anda you poor thing that must have felt awful to see. So glad there are 2 heartbeats and that you'll be checked out soon, fingers crossed all is ok. flowers

shellshock7 Wed 24-Apr-13 19:50:21

anda hope you're coping ok....very reassuring to see the heartbeats, really hope it's nothing to worry abt but hope you can rest up for a few days now and give yourself a break. Thinking of you x

shellshock7 Wed 24-Apr-13 20:05:37

Totally TMI but I think we all need a bit of light relief today....I just stood up and did the loudest longest fanny fart in the history of woman blushblushblush. Don't think I've ever done one before but that was surely some sort of world record, luckily I'm on my own! grin

IBelieveInPink Wed 24-Apr-13 20:22:11

Lol shell. That made me laugh out loud. smile

BumpKitty Wed 24-Apr-13 20:26:49

ha ha shell i just quickly checked the time of your post to see if you were at work when it happened! Can you imagine! Pg is so glamorous smile

anda what did the doc say? x

I'm now paranoid that I'm not cramping sad I'm sure I used to be sane

shellshock7 Wed 24-Apr-13 20:30:17

Doing it loads as I walk around blush Is it a symptom?!

Oh bump we are all temporarily crazy right now!!

andadietcoke Wed 24-Apr-13 20:53:45

shell that's awesome. Kudos.

bump I told you this would happen!!!! [smug]

Back home now - cervix long and closed. Bleeding caused by a cervical erosion. Very common in multiples and likely to get worse as the pregnancy progresses but at least I know not to panic now. At least I'll have a better nights sleep than I might have done otherwise!

Ps you're all lovely xxx

shellshock7 Wed 24-Apr-13 20:56:33

Phew anda and relax! That is brill news very very pleased grin

shellshock7 Wed 24-Apr-13 20:57:12

And tomorrow you will hopefully find out what you are having, awesome smile

BumpKitty Wed 24-Apr-13 21:08:14

oh ace news anda, well erosion doesn't sound fun but ykwim and yes you did tell me, I'm a lost cause

JanieLovesCake Wed 24-Apr-13 21:20:15

Oh anda I'm so pleased you got an answer, and a positive one at that. I've just been speed reading through today's posts so sorry if I didn't catch everything.
Shell I just burst out laughing at your fanny fart!!!! Thank god you were alone ha!! And fair play to you for sharing!!!!

Hope everyone is doing well, I'm just back from watching the new Ryan gosling movie...my god he's gorgeous envy

IBelieveInPink Wed 24-Apr-13 21:21:39

Oh yay diet, now you can hopefully enjoy tomorrow a little more?

Also- please tell me 'erosion' is not as horrific as it sounds?!

JanieLovesCake Wed 24-Apr-13 21:31:55

Just told DH that my jeans were feeling a bit tighter than normal, thinking ooh exciting, maybe it's a wee baby bump happening for real. His answer, 'yeah you've put on weight'.
Thanks DH, you know how to make me feel like shit
Actually I only weigh 1lb more than I did 5 weeks ago sad

andadietcoke Wed 24-Apr-13 21:32:14

ibip I don't know - for once, I'm not googling!!! My sister is my nominated proxy googler and she says 1 in 10 women suffer with it due to esterogen levels. Not dangerous and not associated with any complications.

GaryBuseysTeeth Wed 24-Apr-13 21:38:50

Welcome Vix! I had crazy vertigo in the early weeks.

Pentagon, congrats on the good scan results! We didn't tell the world until after my 20wk scan.
Booty, congrats on your scan too!

Re. Pg sex...there is nothing less unappealing then feeling the product of an earlier bonking session punching you in the stomach whilst you're, urm, shagging. I dislike pregnant sex, DH dislikes sleeping next to me & being kicked in the back by stomach squatter.
I use the doppler whenever I haven't felt movements for a while, but DS stopped moving a few times & I am terribly paranoid about the same happening again with this one...which is why when you all get more pregnant I shall nag & nag & nag about Count The Kicks.

anda, sorry I wasn't here to <handhold> earlier, glad everything is ok for you!

shell, you're proper classy! grin

Keeping everything crossed for a positive tomorrow jmf, I started my mc an hour after my booking appointment so am with you on the 'aaaaah shiiittttt!' panic about it.

DIY, yay! So glad you're feeling sick...long may it continue!

Janie, flu jab didn't hurt or cause any sideeffects in me.

<wave> to everyone I haven't nc-ed, hope you're all achey boobed & sick right now.
As much as I love being pregnant, it is not compatible with comfort on hot sticky days...fingers crossed we have a British summer & less days like today! <melts>

BlackholesAndRevelations Wed 24-Apr-13 21:47:18

Yay Anda! great news. Exciting that your scan is tomorrow, double yay!

shell - pardon you! gringringrin

Pentagon Wed 24-Apr-13 21:57:25

anda I'm sorry you had such a fright today, glad all is well now!

shell I hope you're feeling better!

jmf the FMC is brilliant indeed - my 10-week scan was quite thorough but the 12-week one yesterday was amazing: it lasted more than 20 min, they checked everything about the baby and patiently explained it to me.

It still hasn't sunk in that I've made it to 12 weeks...thank you all for your nice words!

andadietcoke Wed 24-Apr-13 22:08:51

pentagon I completely missed that - congratulations! Massive milestone to tick off. So pleased for you grin

Vixjane Wed 24-Apr-13 22:09:51

Glad you got some good news anda hopefully you'll get some rest tonight.

gary glad to that i'm not suffering alone with the vertigo and other people had it. Think i might have to go back into work tomorrow but don't really want to!

Good luck for tomorrow jmf

MissLolita Wed 24-Apr-13 22:14:40

Hi everyone, just marking my place. I've been lurking quietly smile
Shell stay calm! Hello to new people and lovely to keep hearing good news smile xxx

andadietcoke Wed 24-Apr-13 22:17:15

Oh Vix I feel for you. DH has been off work for two weeks already with labyrinthitis/vertigo. It's utterly miserable. Motion sickness tablets were recommended to him by a GP friend - a brand called stugeron. They're OTC but don't know if they're safe in pregnancy. Hope it passes soon.

JanieLovesCake Wed 24-Apr-13 22:20:00

Pentagon I totally missed that too!! I'm doing a ribena berry 'woop' jump for you! And everyone else with good scan news smile

Vix sorry I forgot to answer...my vertigo has definitely got a bit better, much worse about 3 wks ago and now I mostly get in when I roll over in bed in the morning and get up. If its really bad you can get signed off for a few days as it really is nasty and way worse than just a dizzy spell. You probably feel a bit nauseous with it but as far as I know you just gave to ride it out. There are tablets you can take but not sure if they're safe in pg (betahistine) but I found they take a few days to kick in (I took them before being pg) and usually it's gone by then. Fx you feel better soon, but don't feel guilty for taking the rest if the week off if you're feeling awful x

shellshock7 Wed 24-Apr-13 23:18:01

janie tell him baby bump has nothing to do with weight gain...I have quite a big bump and weigh less than before I was PG

Good news, we found the heart beat grin. Thought I did earlier but it was very fleeting but sounded faster than my own, so just tried again when bursting for the loo and got it...140 BPM, going to bed happy after a totally shit day smile

Hope you're relaxed now anda and thanks to everyone for getting me thru today, you really helped me not lose it at work x

Pentagon Wed 24-Apr-13 23:42:47

oh shell that's wonderful, you must be so relieved! You can now have a good night's sleep!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now