Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

It's the Posifrickingtivity/L aura Ashley Skirt Graduate Thread!

(997 Posts)
ChocolateCremeEggBag Tue 23-Apr-13 22:00:37

new Thread!

shellshock7 Wed 24-Apr-13 13:11:22

I know it sounds mad, but I couldn't handle goin for a scan now....all I can think of is when I was told abt the MMC and I just can't face that hmm If the pain is bad tomorrow and the Doppler doesn't work I will prob have to face up to it thoconfused

Sorry you're stressing too...this is so awful we just need to get to the 12w scan...NOW!

Bodicea Wed 24-Apr-13 13:25:24

Oh shell how many weeks are you. Don't use the Doppler, most midwives struggle to get a heartbeat before 16 weeks. It will just upset you more, either that or you will get your own artery. Ring the epau xx

andadietcoke Wed 24-Apr-13 13:26:35

shell and ibip please consider whether the Doppler will help - even at 16w the mw told me she might not be able to find a heartbeat and not to be upset.

shell for what it's worth, I've had period cramps the whole way through. No blood means everything is probably fine, and blood normally comes before pain. Drink lots of water (or squash if you can't stomach water) to stay hydrated as mine are worse when I'm dehydrated. Hugs xx

IBelieveInPink Wed 24-Apr-13 13:39:11

Oh diet, that is interesting about the water, thank you for that.

Luckily my friend whose dopplar I am borrowing is far more sensible than I am, and will not give me the dopplar yet! She has point blank refused- which is probably for the best smile

My friend who has just had her 12 week scan confirmed that 10 week cramps were the worst, so maybe is quite normal. Argh the stress!

BumpKitty Wed 24-Apr-13 13:48:53

Hola new thread smile
I'll join the freak out if I may, last night I had very weird spasms just under my ribs on the rhs, so obvs thought the baby had broken out of my womb and had made it'd way to my ribs ( despite the fact I'd be improbably dead if that happened!) role on scan next week...

No exercise here I'm far too tired, and mainly no sex either. Also just not feeling like it much...

BumpKitty Wed 24-Apr-13 13:50:06

*probably

Pentagon Wed 24-Apr-13 14:23:34

Thanks for the congrats ladies!! I'm sure I'll start worrying again soon, I'm seriously thinking of getting a doppler (I don't know how I will get through the next couple of months until I can feel the baby move) but my DH is against it as he thinks it will stress me more than reassure me...and he could be right!

shell please don't worry too much, it's probably because your uterus is expanding. I know everyone's body is different but with my 2 missed miscarriages I didn't feel any pain whatsover while with my 2 healthy pregnancies I have - these past few weeks I have actually found it reassuring to feel some pain. Good luck with the doppler tonight!

Pentagon Wed 24-Apr-13 14:29:05

shell I agree with your friend, I also had period-like pains when I was 10 weeks

And I guess everyone's right about the doppler so probably better if you don't try it just yet (and I'm not getting one!)

Vixjane Wed 24-Apr-13 15:17:14

pentagon congrats on the 12 week milestone!

It's all sounding a bit real with booking appts here today and scan countdowns!

booty roller derby is an american contact sport on roller skates, really good fun but not good for the bun!

shell i've been having jabbing pains yesterday and today so you're not alone.

Off work today as it seems i've developed vertigo - i feel like i'm out to sea with the room moving around me confused anyone else suffered with this?

shellshock7 Wed 24-Apr-13 15:29:16

Sorry to be all me me me, it's just so all encompassing isn't it hmm

Re the Doppler....it worked with DS from 11 ish weeks I think...and I know to count the BPM to tell if it's me or the baby. I also don't think if I can't find it it will makes things worse (they can't be!), but if I can it will DEFO make it feel better so am gonna try...sorry everyone blush

anda I only drink hot and cold water in work so am good like that! It may be constipation tho, as even when I've been I don't feel like I have (TMI!) iyswim

Good to hear (but sorry too) other people having the cramps...it was always gonna be a tough time approaching the 12w scan cos of the MMC, just gotta hope all is ok till then...paracetamol have done the trick anyway smile

GardenWorm Wed 24-Apr-13 15:40:42

Not sure if it's helpful but I'll put it out there for those feeling twinges/pain....when I had my scan at 8+1 she saw a luteal cyst on my left ovary, sonographer said it's a hormonal thing and usually disappears on its own (often before 12 wks) but it could cause pain in that area. I'd never heard of it so thought I'd share!

JanieLovesCake Wed 24-Apr-13 15:43:14

Aw shell I hope you're doing ok, and if you can't have a me me me moment here then where can you have it. We're all here to help each other through the worries and fears. As everyone has already said, it's probably normal twinges at this stage.

Vix I've had crazy vertigo, it's bloody awful. I seem to have had it instead of puking, seems worse when I'm in bed and roll over too quickly and in the shower I'm holding in to the walls. Hope it clears up soon (my dad had it last week so maybe there's a bit of a bug going about...I'm pretty sure he's not pg ha!)

IBelieveInPink Wed 24-Apr-13 15:44:28

Oh my goodness. Okay. I think i know where my cramps are coming from. Is anyone else getting the bloating?! Last 3 days I have puffed up like I am 6 months every afternoon! How do I make it stop?! Ouchie!!!

(on the plus side - yay symptom!!!)

Vixjane Wed 24-Apr-13 16:45:33

pink have you tried fybogel sachets? Powder sachets you mix with water and drink as fast as you can i don't think they're very pleasant but they do the job! Other sugg would be to try and up your water intake.

janie glad someone else has had it. Have you had it long and does it go quickly? We went to London at the weekend and i'm sure the drive and tube journeys have contributed to it!

DIYandEatCake Wed 24-Apr-13 17:26:48

Hi again everyone, this thread moves fast! Loving the good news and shell, hang in there, not long til your scan now? Hope the pains ease up. garden that's interesting, when I panicked about sharp pains early on and the gp sent me to the hospital for a scan, they found a luteal cyst too and free fluid, but didn't mention that could have caused the pain.

No news here except nausea worsening - yay! Had to have a lie down earlier as feeling so rough but I am so glad to have some symptoms (had none with mc but did with dd so choosing to see it as a good sign). Had a horrible mc dream last night too, remember someone else mentioning that not long ago. Early scan on Friday (follow up to the one I had at 5.5 weeks, as too early to see much then), so keeping everything crossed. Am very lucky to get that, think it's thanks to the lovely nurse in the epu.

ChocolateCremeEggBag Wed 24-Apr-13 17:51:26

Evening all, nothing much to report here. No brown gunk though.

Booty am vv jealous of your many scans, I would keep going for them as long as they are prepared to scan you if I were you.

I have had cysts on my ovary before when not pg, had not thought about them while pg, but makes sense that could be reason for niggly pains.

jmf294 Wed 24-Apr-13 18:38:17

Ahh slightly freaking out here.
I got home to a letter for my booking in appointment tomorrow morning!! I will be 7+ 2 tomorrow and last time that's the exact day I started to bleed and I went to the booking in appointment last time.
Feeling less nauseous so panicking, keep prodding boobs to check they are sore. Don't like this uncertainty and anxiety at all!!!

Good luck to dietcoke and DIY having your scans.
IBIP- I have to eat all bran or bran flakes every morning which helps.
Pentagon- I am going to the FMC next Friday for a scan, I've heard it is brilliant so I glad all is well with you.
Shell- big virtual hugs, I wish all this worry and anxiety could go away for us all.
Hi to everyone else!!

andadietcoke Wed 24-Apr-13 18:50:56

So, I'm at maternity triage. I started spotting this afternoon. So far so good with two heartbeats, but waiting to see the doctor.

I found drinking fruit and barley really helped with the constipation/bloating. I couldn't stomach water at the time so it was a coincidence, but it seemed to work.

jmf294 Wed 24-Apr-13 18:53:19

Hope all is ok andadietcoke.
In my last successful pregnancy I bled at 10 weeks and then had quite a big bleed at 23 and 26 weeks.
How many weeks are you now?

BlackholesAndRevelations Wed 24-Apr-13 18:54:55

Evening all! Hope everyone's well. Yes to boosting though I'm only 5 weeks so god knows what I'll be like later! (positive!!)

Friend who had mmc has an early scan today for her new pregnancy. Everything crossed for her, can't imagine how she must be feeling right now.

I am tempted but we can't afford £100 for a private scan sad

IBelieveInPink Wed 24-Apr-13 18:55:30

Oh diet you poor love. How horrid. Glad 2 heartbeats obviously but you must have been in a state. Are you okay? thanks

BlackholesAndRevelations Wed 24-Apr-13 18:57:11

Oh gosh massive cross post. anda- how scary! Glad botg babies are ok though xxx

I'm another one who used fybogel when pg with son. It worked but I made sure I glugged loads of water straight after having it. Yuk!

MooMoi Wed 24-Apr-13 19:02:09

2 heart beats is great and you're in the right place. Crossing fingers for you now.

BlackholesAndRevelations Wed 24-Apr-13 19:04:29

shell- how is the cramping? Hope it's eased now. I agree with maybe phoning a midwife. How many weeks are you?

pentagon - congrats on the fab scan! grin

andadietcoke Wed 24-Apr-13 19:05:42

Thank you all, feel a little bit less alone now (DH is awful in situations like this - we're both just sat messing on our phones).

jmf am 20+1. It really wasn't very much spotting, and was brown, but combined with the pain it was enough to freak me out. ibip yep, was in quite a state, especially as I had to come home driving past the hospital to get my green notes. They're living in the car from now on.

Most concerned that I might have an incompetent cervix or similar but the mw acted like it had never occurred to her which is a relief I guess. Will ask the doctor when they turn up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now