Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

It's the Posifrickingtivity/L aura Ashley Skirt Graduate Thread!

(997 Posts)
ChocolateCremeEggBag Tue 23-Apr-13 22:00:37

new Thread!

andadietcoke Wed 01-May-13 18:01:25

Pentagon I'm 21w and currently taking ferrous sulphate, aspirin and vitamin d. I was on high dose folic acid until yesterday because one consultant had said to carry on, but yesterday was told there was no need after 12w.

BumpKitty Wed 01-May-13 18:15:01

right, they sent me home with no scan. I bloody hate that hospital. They let me wait for an hour then said they had 3 c-sections to do so I was unlikely to get a scan. (I was seen on gynaecology rather than EPU). so my choices are wait till Friday when there is a slot available on the EPU or go back to gynaecology tomorrow at 9am and wait till they can scan me (possibly not till after 4pm!) how do they seriously think people will be able to do that. So they are going to call me tomorrow am to see if they can book me in on Friday.
I have called the place where I had my private scan to see if they could see me and I'm waiting for a call back. Just not sure whether they will be able to properly medically see if i'm leaking iyswim.

BlackholesAndRevelations Wed 01-May-13 18:42:37

Wow, so much to catch up on!! Before I continue reading I just wanted to say, bakingtins, woop de woooooooooooooo!! What super awesome news!! grin

GardenWorm Wed 01-May-13 18:52:42

Oh Bump that is crap. Try and keep hold of the thought that when they did the examination they didn't think it was coming from your cervix. I really hope you hear back from the private one and get seen tomorrow. If not I think I'd probably just camp out at the EPU tomorrow and sob in the waiting room - they may squeeze you in early! X

andadietcoke Wed 01-May-13 18:52:48

bump have they been able to tell you what it could be if your cervix looks okay? Sounds like a lot of messing your around. Hugs xx

BlackholesAndRevelations Wed 01-May-13 18:55:22

Caught up now. bump- sorry about your leaking and lack of scan. I'm having lots of discharge too so I hope it's all ok xxx

Aoife- hope the incredible sulk (ha!) has cheered up! My dp is also sexually frustrated so he's playing golf a lot, haha! I just can't be bothered with it, soooo tired.

I'm 6+3 tomorrow which is when I started to lose first mc baby (5+3 second time). Have my head well and truly buried in the sand, can't accept that I'm pg until I actually see it on a scan. Haven't even told parents yet!

IBelieveInPink Wed 01-May-13 19:43:47

Bump- what a nightmare you poor thing. Hope you doing okay.

Blackholes - I did same. Didn't tell parents until I had a scan at 8+5. Keep going. Day by day etc etc. Best bit of advice- keep busy. If you can talk your mind off it (easier said than done) it will go quicker.

GaryBuseysTeeth Wed 01-May-13 20:09:32

Pentagon, I never stopped taking folic acid, also taking a pregnancy multi-vit & a vit D/calcium supplement (took it with DS, before NHS starting advising people to have it).
I really need to start taking Iron tablets too (anaemic when not pg), so my mission for tomorrow is to buy some.

Bump, sorry they didn't scan you...although hopefully it's a 'good' thing that they didn't think it was emergency scan worthy?
Hope they have good news when they phone you tomorrow.

Blackholes, hope tomorrow passes quickly without twinge or worry!
Had to tell PIL asap with this one as I got pg just before Christmas & went off all my favourite foods they would've bought especially for me.

BumpKitty Wed 01-May-13 20:12:26

thanks all, not much/any liquid now but I do have a pad in so that may be soaking it up confused i spoke to the woman from the private scan place and she can see me at 9.15am tomorrow - so unless anything dramatic happens over night I will be doing that.

anda they reckon just vaginal discharge, just not completely reassured as they would hace scanned me if they weren't so busy.

I spoke to my midwife and she said it's very unlikely to be amniotic fluid at this stage but I gain little comfort from that sort of statement as very unlikely things seem to happen a lot sad

A huge congratulations to you bakingtins thanks
Hope it settles down for you bump
Could someone add me to the list please as im missed off and cannot do it on my mobile, thankyou smile
My stats are pumpkinsweetie edd 26/12/13
Getting a bit concerned as my nipple tingling has ceased, hope it isn't a bad sign like last time sad
Cant help continually knicker checking either, but im constantly needing the wee anyway so that's hopeful as its a symptom that hasn't disappeared.

Bodicea Wed 01-May-13 21:48:23

Big fat congratulations to you bakingtins How exciting grin

jmf294 Wed 01-May-13 22:09:36

Huge congrats Bakingtins!!
Bump- has anyone dipped your wee to see if you have an infection as if you had you could leak wee. May be worth an emergency gp appointment tomorrow.

Aoifebelle Wed 01-May-13 22:16:07

Phew bump. At least you have a time line. Going private all the time would get super expensive.
black holes remember today you are pregnant. I have found that scans for others on here seem top come round super fast, but my own very slowly. Weird.
Midwife booking in tomorrow. I seem to remember they add ask about domestic abuse, might see if sulking is included.

JanieLovesCake Wed 01-May-13 22:27:13

aw bump i'm sorry you were left in limbo by the hospital. hope the private clinic are more helpful, but as someone else said, the fact that they didn't do an emergency scan is hopefully positive

Aoife hope the incredible sulk has cheered up. nothing worse than a moaning man (or silent moaner).

i have bitten the bullet and decided to cancel the £250 NT scan. my next hospital scan is at 14 weeks and there's just no way in the world that i could wait that long do i have booked a private scan at just before 12 weeks. crazily it was actually DH who suggested it - he said maybe the NT was a bit too much money but he would like a reassurance scan! found a place at £99 so that's not the worst (and they can see me earlier than the NT place smile ) so i better update the stats...

stats as of 1st May
TODAY WE ARE PREGNANT
GaryBuseysTeeth: 1DS, 1MC, EDD 10th Aug
Lucky13: 1DS, 1 chemical, 2MC, next scan 18th April
Pentagon: 1 DD, 2MMCs, EDD 31st October, next scan 23rd April
BumpKitty: 1MC, 1DD, EDD 12 Nov, next scan 29th April
Shellshock7: 2MC 1DS EDD 12 Nov Next scan 28 June
Bodicea: 0DC, 2MC, EDD 16 Nov. Next scan 25th April
Ibelieveinpink: 2mc, EDD 17 Nov next scan 7th May
Janielovescake: 1MC, 0DC, EDD 25 Nov, next scan 11th May
Aoifebelle: 1MMC, EDD 1st Dec, next scan 19th April
Jmf294: 1 DS, 1DD, 1 MC, EDD 10th Dec, scan 3rd May
Booty: 1chemical EDD 19 Dec (Xmas baby!) next scan 25th April
pumpkinsweetie: EDD 26 Dec
WillSantaComeAgain: 1DC, 2MMC, EDD 30 Dec, first scan w/c 20 May
Bakingtins: 2 DSs, 3 MC, EDD 6th Jan, scan 23rd April

Zeuxippe Thu 02-May-13 06:08:33

Morning everyone!

bump sorry to hear you've been having such a worrying time and hope the scan goes ok.

Congrats baking!! So pleased for you and lovely to see you on here.

Please could someone add my stats to the list as I only ever get to access on my iPhone:

Zeux 1DD 1MC EDD 14th December No scan date yet

Thank you!!

Bodicea Thu 02-May-13 07:12:02

Sorry bump just read back. Hope you get sorted today x

Bakingtins Thu 02-May-13 07:57:54

Bump fingers crossed your scan is reassuring today.

Gary I recommend Spatone (iron rich spa water) rather than tabs. They tend to have some v unpleasant side effects ( horrible constipation and black poo) but I've tolerated the Spatone ok. Floradix also worth checking out but I think it has other things in so you'd need to make sure it was compatible with pregnancy/ other supplements.

I'm on 5mg ( as in 12 of the normal tablets unless I can get some prescribed) folic acid, 75mg aspirin, a pregnancy multivitamin and as of today progesterone pessaries twice a day. confused I will rattle and squelch as I walk along, but all in a good cause...

Thanks everyone for the lovely welcome back!

shellshock7 Thu 02-May-13 08:31:08

Morning everyone smile

bump hope things calmed down last night and you get a scan today x

Just a word of warning abt spatone, my MW last time suggested I go on spatone instead of iron tabs as they are gentler....but they don't contain anywhere near as much iron, so my levels dropped and I got told off by my GP and I had to go back on the tabs, so maybe ask your GP if you are being prescribed iron before making the switch smile

DIYandEatCake Thu 02-May-13 09:54:39

Hi everyone, bump hope you're ok and get some answers today.
Struggling here today, migraine got worse overnight, the pain is so bad my eye's watering and I'm being sick every 20 mins (since the early hours of the morning - can't keep any water down). I'd forgotten how s**t this was last time. Poor dd is watching cbeebies while I lie on the sofa and run upstairs to be sick at regular intervals, feel shaky and dehydrated and just horrible. Anyone else on here get more migraines in pregnancy? I'm still trying to see it as a good sign but I've mislaid my posifrickintivity today!

Zeuxippe Thu 02-May-13 10:32:24

Oh no diy poor you! Being sick every 20 minutes doesn't sound good for you or the baby, can your GP give you anything?

BumpKitty Thu 02-May-13 11:21:07

Hi all, thanks for the concern, I had the private scan and all is good. They did it for £60 for me which was pretty reasonable but I agree I can't start making a habit of it.
The hospital have offered me a scan at 2pm tomorrow, the sonographer today recommended I had the hospital one too as then it would all be properly documented in my notes so I guess I'll be having 3 scans this week!

BumpKitty Thu 02-May-13 11:23:18

Jesus diy that sounds rough, is there anything they can give you?

Vocalista86 Thu 02-May-13 11:26:02

Bump glad all is well and that your hospital have eventually been helpful...

DIY that sounds awful, can your DP come home from work and help look after you and your little one?

I need some advice, I am also taking ferrous sulphate and it is making things very difficult in the toilet dept. I can't stop taking the iron so apart from drinking lots of water what can I do? Any remedies that are safe?! blush

Vocalista86 Thu 02-May-13 11:32:25

stats as of 2nd May
TODAY WE ARE PREGNANT
GaryBuseysTeeth: 1DS, 1MC, EDD 10th Aug
Lucky13: 1DS, 1 chemical, 2MC, next scan 18th April
Pentagon: 1 DD, 2MMCs, EDD 31st October, next scan 23rd April
BumpKitty: 1MC, 1DD, EDD 12 Nov, next scan 29th April
Shellshock7: 2MC 1DS EDD 12 Nov Next scan 28 June
Bodicea: 0DC, 2MC, EDD 16 Nov. Next scan 25th April
Ibelieveinpink: 2mc, EDD 17 Nov next scan 7th May
Janielovescake: 1MC, 0DC, EDD 25 Nov, next scan 11th May
Aoifebelle: 1MMC, EDD 1st Dec, next scan 19th April
Jmf294: 1 DS, 1DD, 1 MC, EDD 10th Dec, scan 3rd May
Booty: 1chemical EDD 19 Dec (Xmas baby!) next scan 25th April
pumpkinsweetie: EDD 26 Dec
WillSantaComeAgain: 1DC, 2MMC, EDD 30 Dec, first scan w/c 20 May
Bakingtins: 2 DSs, 3 MC, EDD 6th Jan, scan 23rd April
Vocalista86: 1 MMC, EDD 30 November. next scan (12 weeks) 20th May

BumpKitty Thu 02-May-13 11:32:35

I guess it depends how anaemic you are, spatone if definitely safe in pg and doesn't cause the constipation but like shell says it may not be enough iron for you. Thanks for the info. shell I hadn't thought about the actual iron content, I usually forget to take my spatone anyway as you have to not have eaten for 30 mins before and after and I'm constantly stuffing my face!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now