Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Could the ultrasound be wrong about baby's sex?:)

(30 Posts)
RainbowBabyMum Sun 21-Apr-13 22:33:44

Hi
Is it possible that the ultrasound show boy at 20 weeks but later it turn out to be girl?

Our hospital said 99% sure it was a boy. I read somewhere they will only tell you if more than 95% confident but not sure how true that is.
We have had a 3d scan to double check.

MortifiedAdams Mon 22-Apr-13 10:50:22

This is why I wouldnt want to know. It isnt certain.

RainbowBabyBum, so sorry for your loss sad.

I hope your pregnancy continues to go well and that you have your dream baby by the end of it x.

AmandaPayneAteTooMuchChocolate Mon 22-Apr-13 12:51:46

So sorry for your loss OP. I don't have personal experience of this, but pregnancy after loss is such an emotional time, I think different things can really hit you. Finding out the gender can be one of those things. A friend found that finding out she was having another girl was hard - it sort of thumped it home that the baby she was having could never replace the girl she had lost, if you see what I mean.

There are lovely ladies on the bereavement boards who I am sure would be happy to talk?

RainbowBabyMum Mon 22-Apr-13 14:46:34

PacificDogwood and AmandaPayneAteTooMuchChocolate, thank you very much.
I'm so happy that baby is ok, just want him to be alive and healthy.
I think I should stop to think about the gendersmilesmile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now