Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

What was your craving? Am disgusted by mine but my god they are lovely!!!

(209 Posts)

Richmond sausages. God know what is in them and god the fat that comes out of them but I could eat a dozen in a heart beat !!

Mr Richmond, ship them my way please.

cupcake78 Sun 21-Apr-13 20:06:57

At the moment it's cheese (Stilton and mature cheddar in particular) celery and carrots. Also loving strawberries, pink grapefruit and pineapple.

DwellsUndertheSink Sun 21-Apr-13 20:17:46

DD: another one with citrus cravings....top quality juice all the way - gallons of the stuff. I was dreadfully sick in early days, and could only eat sainsburys singapour noodles. EVery day, for months.

DS1: Fish. Fish and more Fish. Tuna, salmon, tinned pilchards, anchovies, - and once, in desperation, a packet of prawn cocktail flavoured skips (Bleurgh!). They loved me in the office......Interestingly, he is my little swimmer....

DS2: Avocado pears with Worcestershire sauce.

Baked potatoes with tuna mayonnaise, cheese, beetroot and pineapple.
My colleagues clocked that I was pregnant before I told them!

Exhaustipated Sun 21-Apr-13 20:33:04

Salt and vinegar crisps. Sour sweets. Sometimes together...

LoganMummy Sun 21-Apr-13 20:39:48

Currently 33 weeks and loving all food - more about quantity rather than quality at the moment!

Eating loads of macaroni cheese, trifle and milk. Think it must be the calcium I'm after!

PuggyMum Sun 21-Apr-13 20:47:42

Fizzy Vimto. Full sugar. Am about ready to pop right now!!

SomebodyWillGetHurt Sun 21-Apr-13 21:23:33

Ice Cubes!! Was sat up past midnight sometimes waiting for fresh Batch!

LouiseD29 Sun 21-Apr-13 21:30:21

Heinz tomato soup and ice cold beer - obviously only giving into one of those, but the other's not going away. Becks Blue just doesn't cut it. Allowed myself half a pint of the real stuff after successful 20 week scan and my god, it was good!

EugenesAxe Sun 21-Apr-13 21:30:28

In my case I found things I like normally became loads more desirable. The two big ones were spearmint and chlorine/bleach.

So the first was satisfied by spearmint Polos (about 4 or 5 at a time) and the second, ironically, London/Kent tap water. My superhuman nose picked out all the chlorine added to sterilise the water; I swilled a bit to derive maximum satisfaction.

With dd1 it was cold raw carrots i would buy a kg pack on the way to work everyday and place them in the fridge and munch on them all day on the way home i would buy a another pack for night time

Dd2 it was strong chedder cheese

With DD1 big bowls of Spar tinned peas (no other brand was right!) mixed with tinned pineapple, salted anchovies and a spoon of red onion marmalade.

With DD2 ready made poppadums with horseradish and cranberry sauce. I could eat a pack of 12 poppadms and half a jar of each sauce in each sitting. Also Ikea sliced gerkins on rich tea biscuits with salted butter.

BiteTheTopsOffIcedGems Sun 21-Apr-13 21:43:51

This time it's salad, fruit I love and I hate junk food.
If you knew me in real life you would be shocked.

Strawberry milk. Gallons of the stuff.

Couldn't have milk in my tea though.

Capri Sun Blackcurrant flavour , I would get through a big box a day

The skin off the cooked chicken portions from the deli in Tesco. Ummm.....

mcgilly Mon 22-Apr-13 01:06:38

Sushi. Cheese, especially feta. Ice. The last one was horrible because it was like my craving was a fire that I couldn't put out.
Oh and an unbearable thirst that woke me up several times in the night ... At one stage I was drinking five litres of water, especially soda water, a day. Doctors could find nothing wrong and it vanished with delivery.
Thank you OP for reminding me not to get pregnant again.
Chocolate too but I regard that as part of a balanced diet and not a craving at all.

devonsmummy Mon 22-Apr-13 01:13:12

Ds - pickled beetroot , I hate it usually! I could eat a whole tub of beetroot & carrot salad .
Also Indian .... Must have had one twice a week (would've been more if money were no object)
DD - horrendous all day sickness and could only stomach chip shop fish minus the batter up until 20weeks.

syl1985 Mon 22-Apr-13 01:27:26

First pregnancy:
Peanut sauce with everything (a Dutch type or sauce made out of peanut butter, milk and spices)

Second pregnancy:
Chocolate!!!!!!
I needed them sometimes in the middle of the night. Going around in the kitchen and looking everywhere for it.
My husband then always made sure he hide some bars from me. That when I thought I had all eaten them and I got a chocolate attack at night time. He always had some for me.
So sweet

Third pregnancy:
Lemon juice with everything.

Fourth pregnancy: (I'm pregnant at this moment)
Hamburgers!!! I just LOVE them. I dream about them. I sometimes can't sleep until I made myself a hamburger.
My favorite are the Mc Donald hamburgers.
I don't know what they do with them. I never can make mine taste as good as theirs.
Thankfully there's no Mc here in this area. Otherwise I'd eat myself fat, sick and poor on those lovely hamburgers.

What I sooo want to do!!!
Go to Mc Donalds and eat as much hamburgers as I possible can. My husband promised me that he'll take me to the mc sometime in this pregnancy for to let my dream come true.

Beer and dirty hot singapore noodles. blush

I lived on non-alcoholic Becks with DS1. Couldn't stop craving it. Then after he was born I realised how bloody fecking awful it is! Can't stand the taste of it now.

And MacDonald's chips and coke with DS2. Much more socially acceptable than previous craving. smile

EugenesAxe Mon 22-Apr-13 02:33:45

Exratty - actually me too, but I still enjoy them a lot in a pudding scenario. Pear and avocado pear. The latter felt somehow cleansing.

ripsishere Mon 22-Apr-13 02:42:28

Potato samosas and skittles sweets.
That's what my DD was grown on. Everything else made me vomit.
We were lucky, the supermarket made the samosas hourly and kept a whole box of skittles just for me.

louiseD29 try Bavaria 0% as its not bad!

weebleknievel Mon 22-Apr-13 09:09:04

In no particular order...

Mackerel pate
Frijj banana milkshakes
Strawberry angel delight
Wotsits
Mint imperials
Birdseye potato waffles with loads of salt and vinegar and Nandos peri peri chip sprinkle and then dipped in salad cream
Oreos
Robinsons apple and blackcurrant cordial
Primula cheese with chives or ham
Nutella thickly spread on toast
Aunt bessies yorkshires with loads of salt on, about 4 at a time

OP - I could just eat Richmond sausages now! They are so bad but taste so good!! Sausage wise I only like either really good "proper" ones from the butcher or really crappy ones like Richmond or tinned hot dogs (no middle ground with me!) this is not just a pg thing though

IncognitoIsMyFavouriteWord Mon 22-Apr-13 09:13:22

mine was the smell of Old Holborn rolling tobacco. confused

Before it was being smoked obviously. I'm a none smoker too so I still don't get it. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now