Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

braxton hicks?

(8 Posts)
craftycottontail Sat 20-Apr-13 14:19:41

Did you get any, when did they start and what did they feel like?

I've been getting a tingly/tight feeling mainly towards the top of my bump on and off for the last week or so. Not sure if it's baby just sitting on a nerve but it doesn't go away if I change position/lie down. It doesn't hurt, just uncomfortable and sort of like pins and needles.

Mrsambition Sat 20-Apr-13 17:12:50

Hi I've been getting them from around 29 weeks. Start in my back travel towards my belly which gets very hard and thry feel like intense period pains. Was admitted last weekend as they got very strong luckily baby stayed put!! But still having them now at 34 weeks.

rrreow Sat 20-Apr-13 20:53:45

I've been feeling them since 16w (2nd pregnancy). They make my bump go completely rigid/hard, they make my bump feel very heavy (like I have a brick at the bottom of my belly) and it makes me feel like I have to pee. I get about 5-10 a day. They tend to especially come on when I'm doing something physical (walking fast, going up stairs) or outside when the weather is very cold (so luckily not so much anymore these past couple weeks!).

mrsmellow Sat 20-Apr-13 21:55:10

I've been getting them since about 21 weeks (now 27+5) - as above, happen when walk too fast, when have orgasm or sometimes just sporadically - feel like my uterus is squeezing and my bump goes hard. Usually can continue what I'm doing - occasionally hold my bump.
Apparently completely normal!

craftycottontail Sun 21-Apr-13 00:00:18

Don't think what I'm feeling is braxton hicks then! It's lasted most of afternoon into evening today :/

rrreow Sun 21-Apr-13 13:03:11

Maybe give a call to your midwife/ante-natal clinic on Monday? They might know more.

Fairy130389 Tue 23-Apr-13 10:08:16

Did you call your midwife crafty? I'm 32 weeks and been having the same as you, would be curious to know what it is as thought it was BH!

MummyJetsetter Tue 23-Apr-13 11:32:27

I got one at 12 week scan with ds1, didn't know what it was until I started getting regular ones a couple of months later but they felt like a tightening and the bump goes solid. I had no pain, it was just like a muscle flexing. Haven't had any yet this pregnancy and I'm almost 16 weeks. x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now