Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Any maternity clothes advice please??!!

(83 Posts)
Sluggers Sat 20-Apr-13 07:55:44

OK I need some new clothes as mine are getting too tight. I'm only 15 weeks though with my 1st so have pretty non-existent bump.

I need jeans, a couple of work type shirts or tops and a tankini or something for swimming.

I'm not great at buying online - although accept I'll probably have to. But today, I'm off to the shops.

Oh - and I really don't want to spend a fortune.

Any advice, tips, must haves, things to avoid greatly appreciated.

xxx

Msgilbertblythe Sun 30-Jun-13 08:26:24

Waist high leggings from American Apparel are nothing short of amazing. Comfy, light and they never ever fall down... My best maternity buy so far.

Quodlibet Sun 30-Jun-13 19:11:50

Cos sale is on at the moment and there's LOADS in there that functions as maternity wear without looking like maternity wear - none of their clothes have a waist!

Haven't read whole thread so my suggestions might have already been mentioned. Try Next for jeans, I preferred under bump jeans at first. As I got bigger I was comfier in leggings, got a couple of maternity pairs from Mothercare which I lived in. Non maternity tunic style tops in bigger sizes than normal over the leggings. Next & Mothercare for maternity PJs/nighties too. ASOS has a nice range of maternity dresses for parties, weddings, nights out etc. Finally, have a look on eBay- I bought a few bits that the sellers had barely worn for a fraction of the price of buying brand new.

Andi2013 Sun 28-Jul-13 00:38:03

I pretty much didn't have to by new clothes until now (third trimester) I've just found some yoga trousers (£12.50 from £25) from Vertbaudet on sale. Also found a voucher code 4756 with £15 off if you spend £20 (it's up in a few days) just thought i'd share whilst it's still valid.

New Look have loads of different length jeans on sale at the min too.

Wish I could find some cheaper nightwear though sad

staverton Sun 28-Jul-13 00:52:32

I am about to ou sine nighties (size 10-12) on eBay with some other maternity bits from Jojo...

staverton Sun 28-Jul-13 00:53:09

To ou sine= to put some

Kelly1814 Sun 28-Jul-13 04:07:15

Vkinski, next and m and s do maternity trousers in longer lengths, they are great.

chanduval Wed 19-Mar-14 18:22:03

Hi ladies,
I'm doing some research for my dissertation looking at the availability of maternity wear on the high street. If possible could you take 2 minutes to complete a short survey, everything will be confidential.

Many thanks
Chantelle smile

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/9Y6SWYC

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now