Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Umm, TMI warning but help!

(11 Posts)
quertas Thu 18-Apr-13 15:34:34

Hi All,

Ok, this is way TMI and I'm sorry but has anyone else experienced this. I'm 31 weeks tomorrow with DC2 and over the last 3 weeks I've had this intense sense of pressure down below. When I look at my vaginal lips in a mirror it looks like they are bulging down a bit and when I squat down or use the toilet it feels like everything's about to flop out. Its worse towards the end of the day, but I'm walking kind of bandy! Is this normal? Should I be worried?

nannyl Thu 18-Apr-13 15:48:28

wow, i never thought i would post this...

im 31 weeks on saturday.... i dont have any pressure or feel like things are goin to fall out but last night i really noticed my vaginal lips were a bit "bulgy"

80QuidYoniJob Thu 18-Apr-13 15:51:03

I'm 28 weeks and I sort of get that, if I've been on my feet all day. I also get it really badly after sex. It's as if my insides are falling out!

80QuidYoniJob Thu 18-Apr-13 15:51:51

I'm also having Dc2. I don't remember having it with DC1.

Lillabet Thu 18-Apr-13 16:01:55

I had that with both dcs although later than 31 weeks. It tended to happen when their heads were engaged and I did walk like John Wayne! If it is worrying you ask your midwife hth smile

glossyflower Thu 18-Apr-13 16:05:14

Similar thing happened to me. It felt very swollen down below, made me aware when sitting and walking; so when I looked in the mirror, one side looked way larger than the other and I could see a large dark lump bulging out.
Turned out its a mild anterior vaginal prolapse.
You should get checked out. It may also be varicose veins down below too.
All the best xxx

Lillabet Thu 18-Apr-13 16:05:19

I should say both dcs engaged and disengaged randomly and frequently in the last eight or nine weeks of my pregnancies and both of them ended up eleven days overdue when they turned up grin

neolara Thu 18-Apr-13 16:10:03

I had this in my last pregnancy. Very uncomfortable. Like glossyflower, it turned out that I had a slight prolapse. It felt massively better after the birth, but I still have a prolapse and apparently only an operation will make it go away. It's completely liveable with though and doesn't cause me any significant problems.

quertas Thu 18-Apr-13 16:18:53

Yikes! Mick jagger lips below to add to my preg woes! Thanks all. I'm seeing the midwife tomorrow so I'll have a word. Will it get worse? Argh! This preg is way harder than the first one!!!!hmm

polkadotsrock Thu 18-Apr-13 18:46:37

I had this, just felt really heavy and draggy too. No prolapse for me though, just very swollen and it disappeared very quickly after birth. I carried ds low though and he engaged early so it really was just pressure I think

Steffanoid Thu 18-Apr-13 19:19:01

I feel like I'm very bruised down there, had a look and just a bit swollen am walking with rather a waddle cause of this rather uncomfortable feeling

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now