Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Left leg painful, 6 months pregnany

(14 Posts)
yellowsnownoteatwillyou Thu 11-Apr-13 21:57:24

Don't think so as its inner thigh. Apparently I don't know here my groin is. But it is horrific!

I can't lift my legs higher than about 5 inches when standing up.

Think Dh will have to dress me before he leaves for work.

could it be this?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meralgia_paraesthetica
i have it and it can be very painful

yellowsnownoteatwillyou Thu 11-Apr-13 14:09:32

Have been referred for physio, well I say referred I have to call in the morning, and see what they can do.

Is it at the back of your thigh? Could it be sciatic pain?

Hope the GP can help

Ok. Hope it's nothing.

yellowsnownoteatwillyou Thu 11-Apr-13 07:15:49

I never went anywhere last night, getting an emergency appointment with gp this morning. As its still sore.

Thanks for the concern.

Bimblepops Thu 11-Apr-13 01:22:46

At risk of DVT, please call maternity ward or OOH.

GTbaby Thu 11-Apr-13 01:08:36

Do u think she's gone? Hope so. Keep us posted. Even if to tell us we r over reacting busy bodies pls.

Oh good - not just me. Look Op - humour us, go and come back to tell us how we've over-reacted.

GTbaby Thu 11-Apr-13 00:51:42

Wake him up and go to A&E pls.

Worse than you not being able to move or walk on it? Thinking about it some more the weakness is a bit worrying, sounds like the circulation is interrupted. I would wake dh tbh.

SPD and other ligament stuff tends to be around your pelvic area so hips, lower back rather than thigh.

yellowsnownoteatwillyou Thu 11-Apr-13 00:34:28

Thanks for that info, while Dh is snoring his head of next to me.

I thought somebody may have said spd or something as everybody seems to have that.

I will monitor it for a bit if it gets worse, I will wake Dh up to take me as there is no way I could drive.

It could be cramp or it could be something more serious. Given that it's really painful I think you need to seek medical advice NOW. A&E please. Pregnancy puts you at greater risk of a DVT. Don't muck around, this isn't a 'usual' pregnancy symptom.

yellowsnownoteatwillyou Thu 11-Apr-13 00:29:32

This evening all of a sudden my left thigh became incredibly painful.

I am dragging it when I walk and had to get Dh to take my socks off and pick my leg up to get into bed.

What the hell is going on? It got really painful and weak and I nearly fell to ground just before I went to bed.

Any ideas?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now