Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Sugar Cravings

(12 Posts)
thepartysover Tue 09-Apr-13 19:21:20

Anyone else had this? I didn't with my first pregnancy but all I can think of eating at the moment is chocolate, sweets, buns, cakes... Trying my best not to give in but breakfast this morning was two double deckers! blush

Hopelass Tue 09-Apr-13 19:50:31

Me! I can't get enoughof chocolate and chewy sweets! Weird thing is I don't normally have a very sweet tooth.....it's really difficult isn't it?! blush

atrcts Tue 09-Apr-13 19:53:52

I have an unusually sweet tooth in this pregnancy, not sure if it's the need for a quick-fix/pick-me-up!

I do remember my friend a few years ago have a whopping big baby and was told by her Consultant that it would have been due to the amount of sugar she consumed while pregnant! That makes me control myself a little better than I otherwise would ;)

thepartysover Tue 09-Apr-13 19:59:03

Glad to hear it's not just me! Personally, I blame the toddler. Having to chase him around is clearly depleting my already fragile energy reserves.

eclondon Wed 10-Apr-13 11:16:57

I never had a sweet tooth but since being pregnant I've been unable to stop myself eating every bit of chocolate, cake or sweetness that I can get my hands on!

FrustratedSycamoresRocks Wed 10-Apr-13 11:21:11

I'm the opposite, I usually have a very sweet tooth. But this pregnancy is all about the savoury.

Lorelei353 Wed 10-Apr-13 13:13:54

I'm all about the cakes and sweets at the moment. I'm trying hard to be good but then my DH is really spoiling me and keeps bringing me home Creme Eggs or Malteser bars! I did bake some blueberry bran muffins as an attempt to stop me buying bad things - they feel like cake but aren't as bad for you.

HJBeans Wed 10-Apr-13 13:40:47

Yep, this is happening to me. First trimester I craved fresh fruit and veg above all else, then had a few weeks where I was desperate for protein and now, at 24 weeks, seem to have a shocking (and unusual for me) appetite for and ability to eat huge quantities of sweets.

Worrying about what all the cake and donuts and chocolate will do to me, but really feel I need it and as with the other cravings it seems so claer cut and out of the ordinary that i figure it must have something to do with what the pregnancy is asking of my body. Has anyone else had this?

Weight gain has been reasonable so far for me, but at a stage where thighs are now firmly rubbing together and folds of skin can be seen on my back in certain positions - does feel I'm at the top of a long and slippery slope of piling on loads of weight made up entirely of cake. shock

fertilityFTW Wed 10-Apr-13 16:06:24

MW has actually recorded on my notes that I have been told off for overdoing the doughnuts and the choclit sad
Hmmmm.....choclit.....

thepartysover Wed 10-Apr-13 19:39:03

HJBeans - Looking at it as a craving, interesting... < crams french fancy into gob >

amandasegal Wed 10-Apr-13 21:21:50

i am the same thing, i could leave of chocolate now.. why can my cravings be Vegetable&#1491;?! smile

Fairlygrounded Wed 10-Apr-13 21:28:28

I'm the same - just want anything sweet. I'm trying to control the weight gain by making more 'sensible' choices where possible - low cal hot choc and Jaffa cakes today!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now