Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Kicking

(15 Posts)
MissEverdeen Tue 09-Apr-13 18:44:07

Hi Ladies, I'm 18 weeks pg with DC1 and have felt movement for the last 3(ish) weeks. I was just wondering when you're baby first started properly kicking? Strong enough for DH to feel?
Thanks

MissEverdeen Tue 09-Apr-13 18:44:28

*your!!!!

flipflump Tue 09-Apr-13 19:04:11

I'm 18 weeks and still haven't felt any movement hmm I guess in the next few weeks he'll be able to feel it too. I can't wait to feel the first flutter.

weeblueberry Tue 09-Apr-13 19:34:53

Strong enough for DP to feel....erm...about 30 weeks I think. Maybe 28ish?

curlyclaz13 Tue 09-Apr-13 19:51:55

22 weeks for me OH felt him the next day.

My dh has been able to feel both times around the 19/20wk mark and see it but it probably depends on where baby is positioned and your size etc the same as other women don't feel them till later or sometimes very early, no hard and fast rule

Apanicaday Tue 09-Apr-13 20:02:41

With my first it wasnt until 26ish weeks, the second was about 24 weeks, and this one he's been able to feel since about 19 weeks (my placenta is at the back this time, and my tummy muscles are non-existent!)

Cavort Tue 09-Apr-13 21:04:49

I have a posterior placenta and I felt the first movement flutters at about 16/17 weeks. I think I could feel movement from the outside from about 21/22 weeks but DH still struggled to catch it as it was so unpredictable and still quite gentle. By about 25 weeks mine had a regular pattern so I could tell DH when best to feel and now at 29 weeks he is getting booted in the back if I am cuddling him in bed grin

MissEverdeen Tue 09-Apr-13 22:18:44

Thanks for your responses, he's so looking forward to being able to feel dc kick, hopefully won't be long now grin

eclondon Wed 10-Apr-13 11:06:21

I could feel it about 3/4 weeks before my boyfriend caught it (at 24 weeks). It was a lot to do with timing as my baby seems to like to kick when I'm very still and quiet so not often in the evenings when my boyfriend is about. However one night he just placed his hand on my belly at the right time and got a good boot! I'm sure it will be soon for you!

rosiedays Wed 10-Apr-13 11:27:17

DH felt kick at 23 weeks. MIL told him to put his aftershave on his hand and put hand on bump.... right on que she gave a whopping kick right where his hand was, he was so chuffed.

BraveLilBear Wed 10-Apr-13 12:22:16

I started getting movement at 16 weeks despite anterior placenta (think I have a karate kid contained within), was able to see movement by 18-19 weeks but OH didn't feel it til about 22 weeks - there were times before that he had his hand there when junior was wiggling, but either because men's skin is less sensitive or he just wasn't tuned in, he couldn't feel it!

Be warned though, the first time he did feel it he suggested it was trapped wind blush Now at 25 weeks, he can feel it if I'm cuddled up by him without needing to be prompted.

elsabel Fri 12-Apr-13 21:45:44

Stong enough to be felt from the outside, 21 weeks.

BabyHMummy Fri 12-Apr-13 22:01:34

I am nearly 22 weeks and dp felt the light flutters for the first time today but baby is at the front so easy to find iykwim was very strange as i have only been able to feel from outside for last couple of days

Reebok Fri 12-Apr-13 22:23:58

I started feeling flutters at 17 weeks, stronger kicks by 20 weeks and by 22 weeks, DH could feel them. Now you can see the movements at 25 weeks. It's hilarious! Always reminds me if the film Aliens.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now