Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anyone else's DH/partner think labour will be a breeze?

(28 Posts)
Moneypennyf2 Tue 09-Apr-13 14:32:54

Sorry little bit of a rant.

My other half keeps saying that women make too much of childbirth and labour and it really can't be that hard. I know he thinks he is being funny because he is not usually a pratt, but with all my hormones going nuts it really pees me off when he says this.

I have got him watching One Born Every Minute and Don't just stand there I'm having your baby, so he can see what it is really like but he still keeps saying that they are all just making a big deal out of nothing.

I could quite happily kill him at the moment! smile
F

RJM17 Tue 09-Apr-13 20:32:16

Mine is awful because his sister did it with 2 paracetamol and gas and air!! So he now thinks its really easy and that I will be acting like a baby if I want more than that.
I know it is going to cause an argument because I have quite a low pain fresh hold and therefore know I will want more x

TomDudgeon Tue 09-Apr-13 20:35:28

The thing with that video is that it wasn't for very long, they weren't exhausted after days of uncomfortable sleep and lugging a bump around, they didn't have to the push something out of a part of their body with risk of tearing their privates, they could go home after and sleep... I could go on

I am great at giving birth (I am
Lucky) and can give birth with no pain relief. I do mind over matter but even I would shout down the person who told me it was easy or not that painful as would my dh. That also be one of the reasons I find it bearable, and you may find that having a birth partner who thinks that giving birth is a doddle may hinder not help.

AmandaPayneAteTooMuchChocolate Tue 09-Apr-13 21:19:52

Oh yes, Tom, it is waaaay short of what women go through. But I think it's still quite a funny illustration of the pain of just the physical pain of a contraction, with none of the other stuff.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now