Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

anyone else pregnant with dc4?

(105 Posts)
hokeycakey Tue 09-Apr-13 12:39:24

Hi all

I am 13 weeks 4 days with dc4 I have a ds 5 and 2 dds 3 and 14 months I always sort of wanted 4 but i was surprised to fall so easily with this one as haven't even had a period since having dd in feb 2012

I am very happy to be completing our family but scared about how I will cope with 4 of 6 and under although my standards are so low now it'll probably be ok smile

I feel terrible really sick and tired and halfway through a training course as well so supposed to be doing loads of written work for that..... oh well

Is there anyone else about pregnant with dc4 who wants to chat during our pregnancies?

hokeycakey Tue 30-Apr-13 14:04:31

Thanks very much! Ooh yes hoping you have lots of lovely things planned for this last bit I was very jealous of your solo cinema trip...2hrs with Robert d j smile
Need to get dh booked in for his snip! Always makes me think of a dog going to the vet...poor dh
Interested to hear what your midwife says tomorrow! My old childminder was telling me she felt as though her 4th was hanging out from about 6 months pregnant....she has such a lovely way with words!!

FoxSun Tue 30-Apr-13 14:30:49

Hi. I've read a large chunk of this thread, but not managed it all!
I'm also pregnant with number 4! When baby puts in an appearance I will have a 7 and a half year old, a 5 (or 6, baby is due the day before her birthday) year old, a three and a half year old and a four and a half year old step son.

This baby was a complete and utter surprise, and caused quite the bit of commotion, but at 23 weeks he's definitely here to stay! I'm somewhere between excited, exhausted, sore and happy. Really trying to enjoy this pregnancy, whilst also finding the daily school runs and chaos of a full time three year old quite a challenge. My partner is out of the house quite long hours, but he's being a great support. Most other people are currently irritating me with their "you're brave / crazy / mental / in for a shock" comments. BAH.

I'm beginning to get sore hips, I had crippling SPD with my second daughter, from very early on, so that's making things tricky. However I am looking forward to the better weather and trying to make the most of the longer days.
I'd love to try and involve myself with other people in a similar position, there don't seem to be too many of us out there, so it's good to "meet you all"

FoxSun Tue 30-Apr-13 14:33:55

Honey86 - I took a lot of reassurance from what you wrote, it seems people are complete and utter tools the world over. I did say to my partner "if you can't say congratulations, why not shut up?" I mean "WOW" is acceptable but "you're mad" or "mental" or "in for a big shock" really isn't. And as for asking me if it was planned! Well I had sex...

MissLurkalot Tue 30-Apr-13 17:50:30

Hokey, yes, two uninterrupted hours with Toby stark was very decadent but very lovely! Never used to like him before iron man, not my type at all, but if be his Pepper anyday!
Reassure dp about the snip.. My dp thought it was better than he expected, honestly. The procedure and the few days after.
It might take up to a year though after the procedure .. Crazy isn't it!
I will let you know about midwife tomorrow at 2pm. I just say that my cervix feels cling film thin sometimes. I'm always aware of a heavy head there, but it's 95% fine. No real biggy.. If anything, it was worse with no3!

Hi Foxsun... xxx welcome and congratulations! You've got some nice age gaps there.. I'm sure your older ones will be really excited and helpful, my 8yr old is, she's always offering to help.. I'm lucky with her, she's such a thoughtful girl. She actually makes breakfast for her younger sister and brother now... Completely by her own request.. She loves doing it.. Perfect timing too, with baby arriving in 3 weeks time.
My four and a three quarter year old, who's at school, helps take the washing piles upstairs.. And all of the kids tidy up the toys some nights.

BAH exactly! Bloody unhelpful comments really, but it gets better, promise. People just don't think basically!
But just let it roll off... I sometimes think it's down to jealousy to be honest.. As some people, not all, know that they're done with one, two or three... And maybe would love the idea of another, but aren't brave enough to go for it. We have no day to day support family wise.. Parents in law are lovely and willing but are really getting on and don't get out as much these days.. They are always our emergency cover, ie when I go into labour. I don't feel comfortable asking them for anymore. My brother and sister are much older with grown up kids now, and are bloody marvellous, but sadly live nearly 3hrs away. They enjoyed having the two older girls for two nights in the school hols. My adoptive family here, aunt and two cousins, live around the corner, but we're not close nowadays and we wouldn't ask them anyway, certainly no offers of help. But, not being critical, just stating facts.. We are on our own really, and love our large brood. Very much controlled chaos. And, we're really blessed with a circle of close friends and a great network if school/preschool mums.
We're happily self sufficient, and very grateful for two days at nursery for my little two year old boy!!!

CherryPie3 Fri 03-May-13 11:26:53

Would just like to say congratulations to all of you ladies expecting you fourth babies, you are so very lucky!! Children are a blessing.

I wish I could post on this thread too but sadly is defensively adamant that there will be no number 4 for us. I had a scare this week where I thought I may have been, bfp on one hpt then bfns on all the following ones (3). I never told dh about this as he would have been so disappointed if I had have been. sad

Wishing you all safe and healthy pregnancies ending in easy delivery and beautiful healthy babies smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now