Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

What do you actually do with a baby ?

(77 Posts)
curlyclaz13 Sun 07-Apr-13 20:21:01

I am so clueless ! in terms of a newborn what do you do with them day to day ? I know they sleep a lot need feeding and changing but during the day do you put them in a bouncy chair or their crib ? I don't think I will be holding him all the time ! I have no close friends with children I can ask really. I am going to be terrible !

bohoec Thu 11-Apr-13 07:51:20

OP and other new mummies, the old adage that your instinct will take over is so true, so long as you let it! Don't read too many baby books and just go with the flow for the first few weeks. Make sure your baby is fed, clean & dry, comfortable, feels secure and loved and you won't go far wrong. Try not to let the baby get too hot or too cold, which you won't if your house is usually at a fairly normal temp. Let them get fresh air and sunshine - take them for a walk in the pram. The teeny baby days will over before you know it!

VenusRising Mon 15-Apr-13 00:05:09

Snap Gizza!
Crying and crying for Europe!
And feeling soooo very tried.

And having rows, until we both decided we were sleep deprived and crazy!

But that little smiling face was fab.
(Stills is)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now