Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

22 weeks pg with sickness bug

(16 Posts)
BeanoGrigio Fri 05-Apr-13 18:50:37

Just started today, not keeping anything down. How long of not keeping water down do I go before it becomes an issue re dehydration and the baby?

Tia

FoofFighter Fri 05-Apr-13 18:54:37

You have my sympathy sad I'd say if you cannot keep even water down to ring your MW or the mat unit and see what they say but hazard a guess at about 24 hrs? Sooner if you aren't peeing?

FoofFighter Fri 05-Apr-13 18:54:56

oh and hope it passes quickly, with a bit of luck it's just a 24hr thing thanks

lightrain Fri 05-Apr-13 18:56:25

Don't worry too much, baby should be nice and safe even if you feel like shit! Try tiny sips of water and see if that's better and you're able to keep it down. I'd give it til tomorrow morning and if you're still not able to keep anything down, then phone midwife/day unit. I've had d&v 3 times this pregnancy! Schloer/ v dilute orange cordial was easier for me to keep down than water or some reason.

Hope you feel better soon.

BeanoGrigio Fri 05-Apr-13 19:27:03

Thanks, sipping water in bed now. Hopefully will feel better soon.

BeanoGrigio Fri 05-Apr-13 19:27:53

Dh going to get me orange squash and flat coke soon too smile

lucybrad Fri 05-Apr-13 20:05:44

try some ice lollies

BeanoGrigio Fri 05-Apr-13 20:19:55

Ooh, I've got one in the freezer left over from morning sickness! Going to try that now...

I'm bloody starving too! Any food worth trying? I can't face the feel of it coming back up again (tmi)

BeanoGrigio Fri 05-Apr-13 20:23:19

Oh my god 'lucybrad' I think I love you. This ice lolly is the best thing ever at the moment! I've sent dh a message to get more while he's out.

BeanoGrigio Fri 05-Apr-13 20:24:39

Meant to bold your name not put it in quotation marks as if I think it's not really your name (which obviously it probably isn't anyway)

BeanoGrigio Fri 05-Apr-13 21:10:06

Just puked two ice lollies and some orange squash up sad. Feeling v sorry for myself now.

LemonPeculiarJones Fri 05-Apr-13 21:15:58

I'm just recovering from three days of this Beano. I'm 18 weeks pg.

It's really, really crap. Throw in some spasming back pain and a lively toddler and, yeah. Add another 'really' in there.

Went to the docs today who gave me anti-sickness meds and Dioralyte. Taking tiny sips - helps. He checked me for signs of dehydration and took a urine sample. Maybe go to see your doc tomorrow?

I've managed toast and butter tonight. Whooo! It's day three though.

So sympathies. As if being knackered with pregnancy wasn't enough!

BeanoGrigio Fri 05-Apr-13 21:24:46

Thank you lemon. I have a toddler too so I feel your pain. 3 days?? You must be so pissed off. I hope you're feeling better soon.

I'm going to try and sleep to get over feeling hungry, bored and stomach crampy.

LemonPeculiarJones Fri 05-Apr-13 21:30:45

Thanks Beano You too smile

Lively adorable toddler plus constant nausea - not a good combination is it! I felt so bad today, DS must have been so bored and confused why his mum was lying around groaning...!

Hope sleep is restorative.

FoofFighter Sat 06-Apr-13 11:40:48

Are you feeling better beano?

BeanoGrigio Sat 06-Apr-13 12:09:05

Thankfully loads better. Seems to have been just a 24 hour thing. Thanks for thinking of me foof thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now