Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

So terrified for scan tomorrow!

(15 Posts)
Lj8893 Tue 02-Apr-13 21:44:51

I'm between 10-16 weeks pregnant and am having my first scan tomorrow, its actually a nuchal scan but nevertheless it will be th first time I get to see my baby.

I've posted a couple times about having some light bleeding throughout this pregnancy, no pain or clots or anything but disturbing anyway.

And now I'm having a scan tomorrow I am just certain it's going to be the worst, I can't imagine it having a heartbeat and being healthy. All I can imagine is the sonographer saying I'm sorry, its bad news and telling me I have had a miscarriage or something.

I know its normal to be anxious but not this certain it's going to be bad news surely?

Has anyone had the same feeling as me and had a perfect first scan? Or are my feelings just good intuition?

LouiseD29 Tue 02-Apr-13 21:53:14

Hi LJ, sorry you are going through this, but it sounds very normal to feel this way, and yes, I felt very similar. I had bleeding on and off between 4 and about 15 weeks and was convinced that my scan would be awful, that something horrible would have happened to the baby or that I just wouldn't be pregnant at all! Scan went perfectly and am now 21 weeks.

Please try just to remember that what will be, will be, and that the chances are overwhelming that you'll have positive results and a perfectly normal pregnancy. Good luck and try and get some sleep tonight!

Alexandra6 Tue 02-Apr-13 22:10:12

Good luck LJ, I'm really anxious about my first scans too but they're still a while off - hope it goes well for you, the stats are really on your side at your stage. Hope you manage to get some sleep and that tomorrow is a great day for you - I don't believe it's intuition, it's worry smile

LandsN Tue 02-Apr-13 22:45:46

I have bled on and off for most of this pregnancy and had 4 scans already and each time it's been fine bigger and better each time x

Lj8893 Tue 02-Apr-13 22:48:32

Thanks everyone, I really hope your right! I have everything crossed, and I suppose I am at least prepared for the worst now if it does happen!

I'm going to have a nice bath and get a good nights sleep!

Lj8893 Wed 03-Apr-13 10:13:09

Obviously worrying for no reason!

Scan went really well, it has a strong heartbeat and I'm 10+3.
I'm sooooooo happy and relieved!!!!

laurajane89 Wed 03-Apr-13 10:38:10

Im glad everythink went well for you, try and relax now and enjoy your pregnancy smile

LandsN Wed 03-Apr-13 11:04:58

Yay well done still take it easy though I got a scan friday morning I hope mine is good news too x

glossyflower Wed 03-Apr-13 11:56:31

smile

Kelly1814 Wed 03-Apr-13 12:04:46

Lj8893 so happy it went well!

my nuchal 12/13 week scan is tomorrow and i'm just as nervous as you are.

trying to think as positively and happily as possible, it isn't always easy x

Lj8893 Wed 03-Apr-13 14:55:34

Good luck to those of you having yours soon!

It was too early to do the nuchal screening so I have another scan in 2 weeks which I'm pleased about!

Lots of smiles in my household today smile

Alexandra6 Wed 03-Apr-13 14:57:20

Yay LJ I hope mine goes as well as yours did and am glad it's def not intuition when we worry! smile Congrats

Newmum2013 Wed 03-Apr-13 15:38:32

Great news congratulations xx

EcoHippyMum Thu 04-Apr-13 02:53:32

I haven't got my scan till the 23rd, like you I have been bleeding on and off throughout. I have had a scan at 7 weeks post bleed and she said it was looking great - but I am so worried all the time!

LouiseD29 Thu 04-Apr-13 06:37:48

Congrats LJ! Now can I confess I'm really nervous about my anomaly scan this Saturday? confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now