Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

6 weeks pg and full of flu, feel truly dreadful. Is there ANYTHING I can do...? <begs>

(8 Posts)
mybelovedmonster Tue 02-Apr-13 23:08:31

Sorry to hear you're feeling shite too.. can't even imagine feeling like this for another day, let alone until 9 weeks! I hope you start to feel better soon and get that mythical second trimester glow xx

mybelovedmonster Tue 02-Apr-13 23:06:21

DH just came home. He's away for the next 2 days too so I'm on my own. Feeling a bit sorry myself.

Fakebook Tue 02-Apr-13 22:23:15

Sorry you're feeling like this. I'm in a similar situation. I found out I was pregnant at 5 weeks, and 4 days later I came down with the flu. That took me about a fortnight to get over and thought I was doing okay with the 1000mg dispersible vit C and juices to keep hydrated. I was well for a day and then came down with a sinus infection and chesty cough. Around the same time morning sickness turned into all day sickness and now I'm vomiting all through the day. I'm 9 weeks tomorrow and kind of over the infection but my body feels battered and I can't keep down anything. I feel like crap. Paracetamol didnt even take the edge off the aches and pains of flu and blocked sinuses.

Sorry I can't recommend anything. Just try to keep hydrated and get your DH/dp to give you a leg and shoulder massage for the fluey aches (that's the only thing that got me through my rough days).

mybelovedmonster Tue 02-Apr-13 22:11:18

Thanks. Bloody typical that the first time Iget flu in 30 years and I can't dose up on heavy duty meds. Bah!

Thanks again

Take it easy, let people take care of you. Try to eat nutritious soups and fruit/veg even if you don't feel hungry for much else. Eggs are an easily digested form of protein too.

mybelovedmonster Tue 02-Apr-13 18:45:31

You absolute star, thank you. I think I have high dose C and much of that drink recipe in (though no honey, argh) so will try what I can of that.

The gastric bit was scary, I fainted and couldn't talk properly, lost my balance and got blind patches! Thankfully that bit passed extremely quickly (and painfully).

thanks. I'm terrified I'm going to MC again so just setting up camp on the sofa for the next couple of days I think.

High dose vitamin C, 1000mg.

Multivitamin.

Hot water bottles or those microwave bean filled bags good.

Hot water with lemon juice, honey, cube ginger sliced, squashed garlic clove, slice red chilli, 3 cloves, piece cinnamon stick.

Sleep lots.

Hope you feel better soon, just got over it myself. Word of warning, you will be exhausted for several weeks once you are over it so don't over do it. Took me about 6 days from the start of it to stop feeling how you are now (I had the gastric bit first too).

mybelovedmonster Tue 02-Apr-13 18:26:33

I feel truly dreadful. Some sort of horrific gastric bug over the weekend which is over, thank heavens, but I still have shivers, aches, pain, crippling headache, stiff neck... can't do anything other than doze on the sofa and I could cry I feel so terrible.

Is there anything I can do to ease symptoms, other than paracetamol? Anything <cries>

thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now