Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

is anyone else suffering from this ducking cold? ?

(15 Posts)
bluer Tue 02-Apr-13 07:56:51

And has any idea how to shift it?
I have had: the sore throat, the shakes, the blocked nose, the coughing, the phlegm...and its been nearly 2 Weeks now.
Yesterday I felt much better and I only woke once in the night for a coughing fit...after several hours each night waking since last sat... today my nose is full of yellow gunk again. Wtf? !
Any remedies out there for the knackered and frustrated pregnant person sad

LadyMedea Tue 02-Apr-13 08:20:42

Might be worth seeing if your doc can prescribe something for the blocked nose at least. I know OTC decongestants are out but there might be something on prescription.

bluer Tue 02-Apr-13 08:28:36

Thanks...I'm on holiday this week so I'd probably give the chemist a shot. Feels like the worst cold I've ever had! ! <wimp>

ButteryJam Tue 02-Apr-13 08:29:04

yes i have this too sadly but no idea how to shift it. going to see gp again

bluer Tue 02-Apr-13 08:31:20

Hoping the constant coughing isn't bad for the little one!

tinkytoes Tue 02-Apr-13 10:01:13

Me too! Never had it this bad before. After I had my first few coughing fits, I can feel the baby kicking like mad but he doesn't do it any more now. I'm presuming that he's used to it (hopefully).

ButteryJam Tue 02-Apr-13 10:35:33

I'm now getting worried it may be toxoplasmosis ... sad

Runswithsquirrels Tue 02-Apr-13 10:50:46

Have you tried covering your feet in Vicks before bed and then putting socks on? It sounds bizarre but someone told me about it when I had my last cold and it really worked!

FairyJen Tue 02-Apr-13 10:56:15

Sorry for hijack but would the Vicks trick work on an 11 month old if used baby vapour rub? Desperate to help the little mite

crazyhead Tue 02-Apr-13 11:28:56

FairyJen - you can get vapouriser things for babies, ask at Boots...

I'm 9 weeks pregnant and have had three colds in a row, starting at 3 weeks. I could scream. I've been to the doc but there's nothing they can do.

FairyJen Tue 02-Apr-13 11:34:14

crazy I hated having cold when pregnant you have my sympathies!

LadyMedea Tue 02-Apr-13 19:23:48

Just bought myself a saline nasal spray... It works!

Have you tried glycerin with lemon and honey for your throat?

HJBeans Wed 03-Apr-13 09:17:02

Am a week into this cold, which is dreadful, and all the pharmacist could recommend was Vicks rub. Wasn't hopeful, but completely covered myself in it front and back of chest last night and got a fantastic night's sleep for the first time in a week. Still full of cold, but being well rested helps so much. Good luck all who are suffering.

dizzy77 Wed 03-Apr-13 09:24:55

I'm sorry to report I had it and finally started feeling like myself again after 3 weeks. In between the generally high levels of snot and wellness I had a week of sinus headache I couldn't take anything beyond paracetamol for.

DS now has it again and I've had a sore throat for last coule of days (now 31 wks) so looking forward to another does. Bobbed on looking for cold dodging old wives tales I usually ignore, eg vitamin c, half an onion, to try anything to stop me having it again!

bluer Wed 03-Apr-13 17:02:20

My mil says some people at her work had it for three Weeks! ! Better slightly today...fingers crossed!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now