Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Hyperemesis Support

(978 Posts)
LucindaE Mon 01-Apr-13 18:03:32

We need a new thread.

I hope everyone suffering from the Horrors of Hyperemesis will find this thread useful as a source of support and information.

There's no TMI on here - can't be by definition - and nobody should feel ashamed of moaning as much as they feel the need to.

I used to include extracts from MOH's wonderful website
https://sites.google.com/site/pregnancysicknesssos/
but I think that makes this link less visible so am merely putting the link. The information on this site is invaluable for sufferers, with information about medications, coping strategies, hospital admissions, useful links, advice for family members, and much more.

I would like to thank MOH MOP Ovaltine bluebirdsunshine (I think she's changed her nickname) Fluffy, Horsey Kalidasa, Nannyl and Everyone who has given such invaluable support and advice on previous threads.

Remember when you are at your worst, 'This Too Shall Pass'. It really will.

Sally8655 Fri 21-Jun-13 15:09:42

Hi lucinda, I really want to avoid going in if I can. It was so uncomfortable, in a waiting room for 8 hours with an IV, having to be sick in front of a room full of people and visitors being brought in every few minutes. TVs blaring and kids running around me screaming (no offence at all to people with kids, i will have my own soon, just not ideal while im being sick and dads could have taken the to the playroom next door. it was just chaotic, If I was in a private room fine, but having bloods, tests, consultations and treatment in a waiting room is pretty uncomfortable and an experience I would like to avoid at all costs. The staff were nice though.

The midwife told me earlier, just so long as I'm getting some fluids rather than none, I'd be ok and didn't have to go in.

LucindaE Fri 21-Jun-13 17:47:44

Sally I can see why you want to aviod that -that's a horribly long wait - it's awful the length of time people on here have to wait for an admission, and the Public Puking in a room full of uncontrolled kids isn't something you will be eager to repeat. The staff should have made the father's take them to the other room...I'm just going over to set up a new thread and link. Watch the link fail, I'm notorious for that!
Lucinda
xx

LucindaE Fri 21-Jun-13 17:58:03

Ok, Everyone, we have a new home as this one runs out at 1,000 posts.
www.mumsnet.com/Talk/pregnancy/1785385-Hyperemesis-Support Somebody just said on my blog that I provide no end of entertainment with my links that don't work blush Looks anxious, hoping this one will work.
Lucinda
xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now