Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Pregnant (IVF) Worriers

(1000 Posts)
Dildals Sun 31-Mar-13 16:46:22

Hi everyone,

This thread is for all you incessant worriers out there, not necessarily limited to IVF-ers, although I get the feeling the people who have had trouble TTC are more prone to worrying than others!

A few of us graduated from the IVF thread (link below) and are having a go at our own thread to get out of the other IVF-ers hair! So get your roomy jogging bottoms on for some virtual hand holding, mutual symptom spotting and staying sane until the next scan date.

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/conception/1691674-Excellent-Egg-Buddies-continued-Anyone-having-IVF-ICSI-in-Jan-Feb-and-March-2013-please-join-us

SweetieTime Tue 30-Apr-13 10:10:52

Dildals did you suspect twins before your scan?

keep great news on the scan. big wide world is out there waiting for you

Dildals Tue 30-Apr-13 10:11:04

shazza Oh, don't know what she does in the bathroom, throwing up probably. I was referring to the TIME mag cover she did a couple of years ago, heavily pregnant, covering her privates & boobs with her hands. :-) I think I am going to get it professionally photographed, blown up to A0 and hang it in the hallway. (I AM joking)

Dildals Tue 30-Apr-13 10:16:49

sweetie no, not at all. We had a 7 week scan where we found out. It came as a complete surprise to us, we really didn't think we would be storing two. After 2.5 days of daze, the fog lifted and I have been super happy every day since (bar the odd panic over bleeding / costs etc, but turns out I am pretty good at head in the sand approach!).

I did start to see signs later, ie I started noticing a belly shape that was out of the ordinary at week 10 already, whereas normally it takes quite a long time (if it is yr first) to show.

My GP said that morning sickness and tiredness are twice as bad with twins, but I had nothing at all (bit of morning sickness, but nothing dramatic) (and they looked fine on the 12w scan).

On another note - I asked DH last night whether he had told anyone at work yet. He said no, and that he was waiting till the 20w scan. So I asked him if he was still holding out, thinking that there may be something wrong with them. And he basically said yes. Goodness. Anyway. Men.

SweetieTime Tue 30-Apr-13 10:50:11

thanks Dildals we have talked about twins, will just have to see what the scan shows. Only 2 weeks to wait. so far I have had very few symptoms and those I have had seem to come and go. I suppose that is normal as I am only 5 weeks today.

Foodylicious Tue 30-Apr-13 11:21:40

Hi sweetie worked out I am 5 weeks tomorrow. So far symptoms not too bad, sore boobs, slept with bra on a couple of times, though i know this is not good for you! must get some crop -tops or something. nausea is a bit strange, on and off in the mornings, ok in the afternoon then a bit rubbish in the evening. Have found lots of it is burps though! he he, they seem to get stuck and lying down then sitting up seems to get tehm moving blush.

can ANYONE give me advice about when you need to change to non-underwired bras?? not relishing this.
and didals i think you shuld get the photo printed onto wallpaper, or perhaps as coasters for gifts if you have a baby shower grin

keepitgoing Tue 30-Apr-13 11:44:50

Under wired bras are fine so long as you wear a good size so it's not digging in. NHS says so smile

ExpatAl Tue 30-Apr-13 11:45:07

Hi all. My weight fluctuates wildly too and I have days when I'm starving all day long.

How are you doing MrsH? You're quiet at the moment.

Keep, brilliant news!

Foodylicious Tue 30-Apr-13 12:10:28

cheers keep my sister had doen alot of reading (so she says) about it impacting on the production of breast milk - she had lots of trouble producing milk with both of her little ones despite following all the advice/techniques. Will have a read round myself then, has stupidly just taken her word for it!!

SweetieTime Tue 30-Apr-13 12:12:11

Foody my sore boobs defo come and go. I am still getting cramps like af is about to arrive but this also comes abd goes. I don't feel sick but don't fancy eating, nothing is appealing. Not sure if that is symptom or not.

I think those naked pregnancy photos are obligatory if you are a WAG wink

Foodylicious Tue 30-Apr-13 12:13:37

http://www.nhs.uk/ipgmedia/national/Breast%20Cancer%20Care/Assets/BreastchangesduringandafterpregnancyBCC22pages.pdf

found this thanks!

Foodylicious Tue 30-Apr-13 12:21:57

Oh sweetie still getting cramps on and off too and bit of back ache in the evening, but think its from sitting for too long!
appetite is a bit strange, sometimes when feeling queezy i think eating will help, other times i think i will be worse, but it does actually help if i force myself to eat a little bit. Had cottage pie last night, usualy i love this, but when it came out the oven i thought, god i cant eat that! anyway got a load of sweetcorn out the freezer and microwaved it. when it was cooked the smell was lovely and my appetite was back, totaly covered pie with it and managed to eat it ok, strange.
Am now craving more sweetcorn, far too early for proper cravings i am sure!

Foodylicious Tue 30-Apr-13 12:24:55

Check these pics out!
http://pinterest.com/stephers15/maternity-picture-ideas/

keepitgoing Tue 30-Apr-13 12:39:08

Sweetie am the same, thought of any food us bleurgh, but once I get started I'm starving.

Foodylicious Tue 30-Apr-13 13:20:30

speaking of food - found this interesting -http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/food_and_recipes/1742856-What-the-world-eats-what-country-is-your-house-like?msgid=38782984#38782984

Dildals Tue 30-Apr-13 13:30:23

foody ... coasters ... brilliant! I will get right on it. How about mugs?

MrsHY1 Tue 30-Apr-13 15:31:25

Hello all!
Sorry for radio silence, have been away on a girlie weekend! Will post properly later (and share the now infamous egg frittata story, which no, didn't happen to me personally!!) but yay keep for a good scan!! Also welcome to foody and sweetie. I don't knicker watch funnily enough (as I think the fanny candles tend to keep everything firmly 'up there' in my case!) but it's about the only time in this TTC shit-storm that I haven't done so.grin

Hello ladies

Thanks for the links foody. I can't cut and paste from the app but I'll look on the computer when I get home.

I'm stressing about bras now. All my bras are underwired. Is this why my boobs haven't grown at all? I'm exactly the same. No soreness or growth. I've added nipple watch to knicker watch.

For those with sickness, did you see the post I did a week ago about the sea bands? They are for seasickness but apparently work for morning sickness. I was lucky and have had hardly anything but they might be worth a go. They work on acupressure points in the wrists.

About 2 weeks ago I was burping all the time but it has eased now thank goodness.

MrsH hope you had a good weekend. Did your friends know your news?

Dildals sounds like your inlaws are near bista village. I've never been but heard its good. We need to explore the area more. I was so cross at work today I was all set to jack it in but that would be silly with only 6 months to a fairly good mat leave. So I'll bite my tongue and stick it out. I know I'm I'm a bad mood cause I'm worrying about the results next week. I'm having trouble relaxing.

Um I've been taking weekly pics of my belly since the beginning. blush But that's an artist for you, documenting everything.

Hello to everyone else. We're getting together a nice little team arent we?

Shaz x

MrsHY1 Tue 30-Apr-13 18:12:09

Hello
Shazza, very cool that you are an artist. Do you ever exhibit locally in sarf London? Yes - the girls I was with knew my news, one is a very close friend and the other is a friend of hers from work who I felt comfortable enough telling (as I won't have to tell her personally if anything goes wrong, if that makes any kind of sense at all). I wouldn't worry about the bra thing, as long as yours fit then they're OK and they wouldn't be influencing your boob growth or sensitivity or lack thereof. You're just a lucky one without boob pain smile
Foody congrats on being 5 weeks. When will you have your first scan? Bad luck that you've got gastro side-effects already!
Sweetie perhaps we should run a sweepstake as to whether you're harbouring one or two in there??
Dildals - trust men to think positively eh! And thanks for the gen on Southwark council and its list of nurseries and minders - good tip! As you know this covers my area too smile
Expat, Mariana and Fairy - Hello!

All quiet on the Western front here. Had 2 x 'felt a bit woozy' episodes while away at the weekend, boobs still achy and getting up to pee in the night, oh and feeling like a nap all the time. Taking all of this as good signs but not sure I'm going to be able to make it through until next Wednesday's 10 wk scan so may pop into a private ultrasound clinic on Thurs/ Fri. Is that really daft? And a total waste of £150? Actually, don't answer that, I've answered it myself. It totally is, like peeing money up the wall. Right, I've given myself a stern talking to and I'm not going now.

Also need to chase up midwives as I was told I'd hear about whether I'm on caseload care, and get my booking-in appointment, within 2 weeks (which will be on Thurs). Starting to panic that they've lost my notes, but actually think I just need to chill the fuck out.

x

SweetieTime Tue 30-Apr-13 18:25:33

Shazza have you noticed many changes since you started taking the pictures. I might give that a go too, it is a really good idea to track progress right from the start.

MrsH all sounds like good symptoms to me, Wednesday really isn't that far away if you are feeling ok and no specific concerns who am I trying to kid, I would be there in a shot

I have had my much loved Shellac nails soaked off tonight and not reapplied. There is no real evidence either way but it is something I can live without for now, I may get them done for special occasions later down the line.
Also DH has been painting the kitchen and the smell is making me feel very off, it smells like rotten eggs hmm I have asked if he thinks it smells funny, he says not - must be just me then confused

Foodylicious Tue 30-Apr-13 18:30:27

£150 for a scan! can get one for £80 here, though that is 'up north'

Foodylicious Tue 30-Apr-13 18:36:18

MrsH or anyone else in the south have you heard of this place?
http://www.epau.co.uk/region/southeastlondon.php

GinSoaked Tue 30-Apr-13 19:34:41

Hi sweetie and fairy, I'm pretty new here too! We had our early pregnancy scan last week. My symptoms seem to come and go too although I seem to be feeling sick 24/7 at the mo!

mrshy I'm contemplating an extra scan too... At the mo the next will be at 12 weeks, which seems sooooo far away. Doubt mr gin would approve though. Hmmm, will see how mental I am in a few weeks time!

mariana I hope you are doing ok. The first weeks are exceptionally tough. I plan to move my mum in once DH has gone back to work!

Did someone mention Bicester?! I love that place although can't afford anything there

didals men eh? My DH is more optimistic than me at the mo!

foody I'm not giving up the under wired bras until they hurt! I have little boobage, so like the extra padding etc. Fingers crossed I won't need it later on!

shaz I too am interested to hear more bout your art! Sounds amazing. I took a tum pic the other day, of my tummy fat, urgh.

I'm still terrified of nursery costs, but guess we'll just have to get on with it when the time comes.

Just been to the gp to let then know about the bean. Came away clutching some baby mags and no clearer about what happens next! May have to ring to check. I'm still stumped by which hospital, but guess we could put down one now and change our minds later for the birth (hoping we get that far!)

Ginsoaked, you should get a booking in appointment next at 12 weeks. I think.

I've always thought you should move out of underwired bras quite soon but I could be wrong. I also found sleeping in a non wired bra really helped with tenderness.

Shazza, my husband took some photos of my naked belly the day before my section. I certainly wouldn't agree to that at the moment. It's like a woeful blancmange. DD1 is fascinated with how she grew in my tummy and yours will be too at some point so it'll be a lovely record to share.

I've had a lovely surprise visit from my auntie and grandma. We drank tea and ate cake all afternoon. Oh and told horror stories about midwives...

Dildals Tue 30-Apr-13 22:12:26

shazz i have been taking pics too smile

They are near Street outlet village, definitely affordable. Mulberry outlet shop is in Shepton Mallet, near Glastonbury, less affordable than Street but good discounts!

gin did you say you were South London too? Whereabouts?

keepitgoing Wed 01-May-13 03:42:07

Another one taking weekly photos, but no change yet... Think it'll be awesome.

Mrs you can make it one more week till scan-day!

Gotta run, back tonight.

This thread is not accepting new messages.