Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

which baby shops would you recommend?

(22 Posts)
MiaowTheCat Mon 01-Apr-13 09:23:47

My mum gets us some gorgeous stuff from TK Maxx for the girls but I think it must vary regionally as our local store is shit. Stuff comes up small from there though - DD1 (11 and a big bit months) is currently rocking a 2-3years skirt that fits perfectly!

ButteryJam Mon 01-Apr-13 00:48:31

I got really good bargains on mothercare furniture online with the sale, voucher codes and cash back. If you are willing to keep an eye out, you can definitely pick up some good bargains!

DaveMccave Sun 31-Mar-13 23:53:06

For clothes, my favourite is h&m. Organic, bright Scandinavian designs, very affordable.

lexib Sun 31-Mar-13 20:30:19

Thanks everyone! Toby tiger and toto knits look gorgeous, am now adding an awful lot to my 'wouldn't it be nice' pile

helebear Sun 31-Mar-13 20:15:32

H&m for great organic cotton basics in bright colours.

Boots do some nice reasonable clothes too.

And I always have a look at the clothes in
Sainsburys & tesco if I'm there as you can get some nice bits.

staverton Sun 31-Mar-13 20:03:28

Jojomamanbebe (10% off if you use MN code)
Gap
John Lewis
Ikea
And
NCT sales. Google to see if your closest branch has one coming up

BikeRunSki Sun 31-Mar-13 19:56:09

What kind of stuff are you after?

Mothercare - expensive and unhelpful
M&P - expensive, style over substance and clothes/pushchairs tiny.
Kiddicare - Good prices, fab deals, excellent mail order
Jojo - Pricey, but excellent quality and their clothes are a but less ubiquitous than Boden. Good customer service too.
John Lewis - superb, as with everything. Lovely baby/ Children's clothes, but come up quite small
Ikea - great for kid's furniture and bits and bats - bibs, rugs, some toys, cutlery, step stools etc and the best high chair ever made.
TKMaxx can have some absolute gems.
Of the supermarkets, I like Sainsbury's best for clothes.
Amazon can be competitive for big stuff.

ButteryJam Sun 31-Mar-13 19:43:44

Also GAP

ButteryJam Sun 31-Mar-13 19:42:40

Baby Zara has super lovely stuff but its pricey!

MortifiedAdams Sun 31-Mar-13 19:42:05

ikea for furniture
h&m for clothes

MiaowTheCat Sun 31-Mar-13 19:40:05

Debenhams Bluezoo stuff is adorable for little girls (particularly for the pink-averse among us)... I'm currently really really liking the new Kiddicare/Morrisons Nutmeg stuff as well - their vests wash and stay really soft, and the girls stuff has some lovely lilac and mint stuff in.

Tescos varies, Asda I find better but the good stuff does tend to get lost among the barrage of Disney branded stuff.

I got some lovely romper suits in Boots last summer.

LuckyOwl28 Sun 31-Mar-13 19:14:25

If you mean for clothes definitely worth having a look in Tescos and Asda!

Also subscribe to zulily.co.uk they have offers on various baby designers - I'm obsessed with it! We don't even know what we're having yet but haven't been able to resist buying a few bits as the discounts are so good!

reastie Sun 31-Mar-13 18:37:25

Yes to Jojo Maman Bebe. Also joules is nice but IMO quite ££ for what it is and not a shop but mail order boden have nice baby bits. Also Toby Tiger have nice bits (look online) and I LOVE a brand called 'toto knits'.

Jollyb Sun 31-Mar-13 18:34:58

Sainsburys

John Lewis and Boots (on-line). Baby's R us are ok. The trendy baby places are just the same stuff at 5 times the price with a brand name attached.

gallicgirl Sun 31-Mar-13 14:48:39

I adore the vests from pumpkin patch and lovely patterned sleepsuits.

lexib Sun 31-Mar-13 14:47:01

Joules looks very nice, and pumpkin patch too! Probably pumpkin is more the prices I was thinking of. And finally some patterned baby mittens!

DrMcDreamysWife Sun 31-Mar-13 14:41:31

I agree Sainsburys is good for very washable vests etc. and I've got some great cheap and cheerful outfits from boots miniclub and you get points on your card you can buy stuff for you later!!

For treats and posh outfits I like John Lewis, jojo maman bebe and Joules.

gallicgirl Sun 31-Mar-13 14:34:19

Pumpkin Patch
Boots
Jojo Maman Bebe

To be honest though, we bought lots of lovely stuff from Sainsbury's. Little ones grow so quickly, it hardly seems worth spending a lot of money.

HavingALittleFaithBaby Sun 31-Mar-13 14:33:37

Generally I think lots of them are over priced, especially Mothercare and Mamas and Papas! Kiddicare are great, really helpful and the toilets are hilarious!
I've got lots of basics from Asda and bought some lovely stuff from Next in the sale.

lexib Sun 31-Mar-13 14:31:05

Add to that john Lewis actually, they seem to have lovely baby things

lexib Sun 31-Mar-13 14:30:02

So far I've come across...

Mothercare
Babies r us
Vertbaudet
Petit bateau
M&S baby lines
Kiddicare
White company

Did you come across any other gems? Any advice appreciated

Thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now