Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Weird horrid (non painful) throbbing in head and feel awful, advice please?

(43 Posts)

Copied and pasted from same thread in health

Feel like I haven't been out of the health section this week but I need some advice.

Since late afternoon yesterday I have had a horrid weird throbbing in the front left side of my head, it's not painful but it still horrible enough to mean I can't really do anything.

I also started seeing things last night, mainly shadows and for a second thinking I had seen something I was looking at move, I know it couldn't have though and also feeling a bit like the room was closing in on me, a bit like being very very drunk or if you have taken lots of very strong painkillers. I feel really dizzy too and have been sick a few times.

Is this just a virus? DS has had a virus for the past 2 weeks but no one else has caught it.

Does anyone have any advice on what I can do to manage it or make it go away?

I'm 23+1.

Pink No, Maternity Assesment told me just to take painkillers and drink water, they didn't want to see me. confused

We're about to jump to Asda and buy a BP monitor though and get a check there, I was admitted for suspected PE this time with DS so I want to be carefull as I have cardio problems already and funny liver test results.

pinkbear82 Sun 31-Mar-13 13:52:37

Don't blame you for keeping an eye on it. Very sensible.

Take it easy.

I will thanks, my BIL and SIL are taking DS for a couple of days to give us a rest and so they can see him. That will be a massive help.

I am miles away from the maternity hospital so I think I should monitor it myself, just in case.

Thanks again.

the reason they've told you to that is to rule out a headache from dehydration. remember you need more fluids when you're pg.

that is your self-monitoring. if it doesn't go away, you must ring back.

I know, I have been drinking dioralyte since last night and it hasn't made a difference, I feel worse tbh.

I'm going up here to get my BP checked, if it's at all high I will ring right back or go to OOH.

Fluids with me aren't a problem, I drink a few litres a day already.

why have youbeen drinking dirolyte?
you onlu need to drink that if you've had d&v confused

Because I've been throwing up constantly for days. I thought it might help.

ah I see.

It didn't anyway but I thought it couldn't do any harm to try it.

I have lovely ferrero bunnies here and I can't bloody eat them. angry

it's probably too strong that's all.

are you able to rest yet?

I'm just sitting on the couch and haven't really moved in quite a while. Tried lying in a dark room last night and this morning but it made no difference.

DP is dealing with DS when he's up.

right. well give it an hour or so.
and eat something (not the choccolate cos of the caffeine)
maybe something iron rich smile

Haha, but the chocolate is so tempting. wink I couldn't manage it if I tried.

I had a small sausage and a potato scone, feel crap for it but sure it will do my stomach wonders.

We're about to go to Asda to get this BP done, just in case. Then will come back and retreat to bed with sky movies disney and a can of orange san pellegrino. grin

Bumping thread again as I am really not coping with this at all.

It's getting so much worse and I have been getting some painful headaches as well, the dizzyness is a lot worse than the pain now.

I seen MA the other night for something else but BP wasn't high 105/64, heartrate was 104ish.

They had said the throbbing had probably been viral but it isn't budging and I can't even walk to the fridge or bathroom without feeling and thinking that I am going to faint, it's reasonably okay if I just don't move or get up.

Any tips on coping with the dizzyness as I have an 18mo that needs looking after?

Keepsmilingsunshine Tue 02-Apr-13 19:45:48

Could it be labrynthitis? I had this a few years ago and the constant dizziness was horrendous, couldn't do anything but sit still. Call the MA again or head to your local OOH centre if you're feeling worse.

A few people have said that. I'm making an appointment to see the GP in the morning, I had to get MIL to take DS as I'm struggling to even get to the bathroom because of it now, I feel stuck to the bloody uncomfy sofa.

DP is being lovely and rushing around doing stuff for me, so I must look a bloody wreck!

* UPDATE * I went to GP today and have something called BPPV, it seems to be a bit like labyrinthitis only with a different cause, I also have slightly low blood pressure that drops when I stand up.

Thank you again!

Keepsmilingsunshine Wed 03-Apr-13 16:07:52

Glad you got to the bottom of it. Hope you feel better soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now