Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Fake alcohol.

(30 Posts)
BelleEtLaBaby Thu 28-Mar-13 19:29:41

Having a 0% Bavaria lager with dinner as we are having homemade fish and chips and it just doesn't taste right without.

BUT.

It's not making me at all drunk shock and somehow I am disappointed. Suddenly I have remembered that being a bit tipsy is actually quite nice, that pregnancy in the whole is not, and that if only I could get pissed it would all feel much better.

Disclaimer - I have been teetotal in both my pregnancies as I wouldn't take a risk with something so easy to avoid. It would just be nice to be all cosy-drunk on the sofa and stop caring about it all for a while <sigh>

Please don't turn this into a drinking in preg bashing thread. I just miss it and wanted to have a little waah.

What are you wistfully longing for?

glossyflower Mon 01-Apr-13 16:03:19

Alcohol free doesnt taste the same.
On about three occasions in this pregnancy I have had half a lager shandy, half a kopparberg and a small glass of wine with food.
grin they were lovely.

I have tried the alcohol free or v low alcohol wines and they are just too sweet for me. But when the craving for a nice glass gets to be too much I have a quarter of a glass of the real stuff, maybe once every couple of weeks. It kills the craving and I am sure does no harm at all.

Mawgatron Mon 01-Apr-13 21:41:37

Know the feeling. I did three shots of tap water with my friends last night so that I didn't feel left out. It just wasn't the same...

MorganLeFey Mon 01-Apr-13 21:53:00

I have missed the champagne bubbles at big events - alhough a fancy elderflower or st clements in champagne flute sort of worked.

Surprisingly have not found cocktail bars as hard as I thought they might be as usually an interesting array of mocktails!

For no readily apparent reason really fancied Amaretto with coke or cranberry the other day though - perhaps the cold weather...

I am intrigued by people saying alcohol free wines are sweet though - as my wine tooth is definitely on the sweet side so perhaps will give it a go!

Ariel21 Mon 01-Apr-13 22:37:41

Tried a Becks Blue for the first time this weekend and it's delicious! Can't believe it's booze free. Am delighted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now