Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

slow labour?

(15 Posts)
kayleighouise Sun 31-Mar-13 18:43:29

Thanku hope it won't be to much longer for u xx

Tinkerbell43 Sun 31-Mar-13 18:41:53

Ignore previous comment lol didn't realise you had baby!!

CONGRATULATIONS!! :D hope your both well xx

Tinkerbell43 Sun 31-Mar-13 18:40:18

I know this all too well!! I've been in "slow labour" since a week before my due date I'm now 4 days over due!! The pains come and go as they please but always stop as they regulate to 3mins!!! It's so frustrating every time they come I think this is it! But then they stop again sad just got to go with it I'm afraid- my midwife was also less than helpful! x

kayleighouise Sun 31-Mar-13 18:38:30

Little girl 7 pound 3 in labour 4 and a half hours gas n air only x

MortifiedAdams Sun 31-Mar-13 18:28:55

Congratulations! Details?

kayleighouise Sun 31-Mar-13 18:25:37

Baby born 30 th march happy healthy 1 week early x

MiaowTheCat Thu 28-Mar-13 21:22:49

I had it going on for a week and a half in all... progressively more and more painful bouts of 3-5 minute apart contractions, but the great speculum always said no when I went in to get checked out (I'd had a positive FFN test and previous pre-term birth so they were keeping an eye on me).

Even when the pain really racked up and wasn't manageable with anything I had at home - I still wasn't officially in labour as my cervix was long and closed... then went from closed to baby arriving within under 15 minutes! I have a bit of a history of niggling and not being in labour and then suddenly dilating a lot in a short space of time though (but not as fast as that). I'd read stuff about it meaning a fast "proper" labour but assumed it wouldn't be some epic battle to get my trousers off in time!

LuckyOwl28 Thu 28-Mar-13 20:53:24

My best mate is due in 2 days (10 days before me!) and she's had severe period pains, cramps, shooting pains and pressure in the bits and tightenings for 10 days now!

I'd actually feel guilty if I just all of a sudden went into labour as she's been so uncomfortable for so long whereas I feel relatively fine!

surprise11871 Thu 28-Mar-13 20:46:27

Mine were 5 mins apart constantly for 58 hrs (not that i was counting) started on Monday n were rather painful whoever said early labour wasn't painful lied lol and he wasn't born until the Wednesday but 8 hrs before he was born i was only 1cm all those contractions were doing squat but then they were 2 mins apart and i went from 1cm to 8 cm within 2 hrs good luck

beckie90 Thu 28-Mar-13 19:50:05

Mine was every 6 mins apart for 4 days then every 2 mins on the 5th day. Started on Sunday had him on Friday. I had got to 2cm by the Wednesday, then 3cm Thursday at 9pm then 4cm Fri morning at 9am xx

Frecklesandspecs Thu 28-Mar-13 19:40:32

It Will come and go like contractions though. You may have started but with lots of time between them. They should eventually get gradually closer x

Frecklesandspecs Thu 28-Mar-13 19:37:47

With my first baby about 3 days. I was so angry with my midwife who described it as period like cramps ! It was on and off continuously until the birth though. The real thing started about 16 hours before. X hope all goes well .

kayleighouise Thu 28-Mar-13 19:10:33

I not in hospital or owt they just said its slow labour but the pain seems to have gone now I dunno what's goin on xx

My pain started at 1am on a Friday morning - DD was born just before 1pm on the Monday. In between that, i had 2 pessaries and then the drip to try to induce me along, but baby was a stubborn madam.

Good luck to you - won't be too long to go now hopefully!

kayleighouise Thu 28-Mar-13 18:58:56

How long does slow labour last my pain comes and goes midwife says its just wait and see but she was less than helpful x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now