Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Week 13 and no weight gain, should I worry?

(21 Posts)
Manc451 Thu 28-Mar-13 13:07:53

Hi, I've just weighed myself and still the same! I guess it's positive that I've not put on too much but is this going to do any harm? It's obviously not deliberate, I'm just either sick or too nauseous to eat a lot. I am snacking between meals though (although crisps and cereal bars as that's the only thing that works). Should I worry, was anyone else the same? I keep reading threads from people complaining they've put on too much which is making me fret...

artifarti Thu 28-Mar-13 13:14:36

I didn't put on any weight with DS1 or DS2 until 16 weeks and then I whacked on 3.5 stone. People gain it at different rates, sounds normal to me. smile

ButteryJam Thu 28-Mar-13 13:19:09

Nope. I lost weight in 1st trimester.

stargirl1701 Thu 28-Mar-13 13:21:25

No. I lost weight in the first trimester. Just make sure you take your vitamins.

MirandaWest Thu 28-Mar-13 13:23:36

I lost weight in the first trimester then put on about 4.5 stone from pre pregnancy weight.

beckie90 Thu 28-Mar-13 13:29:25

No don't worry each person and preg is different smile lost a lot by 13wk with ds2 and this pregnancy I lost a few pounds by my 12wk check now 21wk and 3ib up from pre preg, but I gain it fast in last trimester.

chickenfactory Thu 28-Mar-13 13:36:08

I lost a few pounds in first trimester, put on 10-12 lbs so far (31weeks).

Manc451 Thu 28-Mar-13 13:36:39

Oh good, I was starting to feel guilty. All that advice on eating fish etc and I can't get anything down!

Clarabell78 Thu 28-Mar-13 13:47:45

I didn't gain anything until around 16 weeks due to nausea. Am now 25 weeks and have gained 1.5 stone! I'd be careful with the snacking. I was nibbling a lot of unhealthy stuff when I was feeling pukey and I'm sure that's what resulted in the fast weight gain when I finally did start to put it on. And once it's on you're stuck with it until the end of the pregnancy :-(

KatAndKit Thu 28-Mar-13 14:29:04

I lost weight in the first trimester too. I did make up for it later on mind you. The baby is teeny tiny still and has teeny tiny calorific requirements so there is no need to worry.

DreamingOfTheMaldives Thu 28-Mar-13 15:31:35

I'm 18 weeks and haven't put any weight on at all, despite having a bit of a bump. I haven't really had any nausea so my eating has been pretty much normal. I was already a bit overweight though so that is possibly why.

MamaBlue4 Thu 28-Mar-13 17:20:18

I was advised to gain around 25, I gained 15 in my first and lot weight in my second but gained about 5lbs during last trimester.

Was advised to gain 35 in my twin pregnancy! But I only gained 21.

All born smallish but healthy.

SuffolkNWhat Thu 28-Mar-13 17:21:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MamaBlue4 Thu 28-Mar-13 17:22:04

15 in first PG and lost* weight in second PG until last trimester. Just to clarify as my didn't seem clear enough.

LetMeAtTheWine Thu 28-Mar-13 18:36:59

I'm 31 weeks and 4lb lighter than pre-preg weight but bump measuring large for my current stage. Don't worry too much, just be as healthy as you can and take pregnancy vitamins (at least that is the advice I was given).

BabyHMummy Fri 29-Mar-13 11:26:18

I lost 2 stone in first trimester due to hg and have only put on 2lb since then and am eating ok now. I was really worried but mw assured me that bean was getting everything it needed and not to worry as it could make sickness worse.

Hope the sickness eases soon xx

Creamtea1 Fri 29-Mar-13 14:34:09

I lost over a stone by the end of both my pregnancies, not a single pound gained. I was around 20 stone before hand though, not sure if that's relevant.

CareerGirl01 Fri 29-Mar-13 17:43:00

No! I lost weight during my first trimester. I was slim to begin with though. Now at 34 weeks I've put on 2 and a half stone. Doubt I will pack on much more though - struggling to find room now!!

IJustWoreMyTrenchcoat Fri 29-Mar-13 21:07:19

I am 20 weeks and have only gained about 2 pounds so far, but my baby is growing fine and everything was as it should be at the scan. But my body is changing and I am showing as well. BMI was bang in the middle of the 'healthy' range at booking if that makes a difference.

I would say I have altered my eating habits from over snacking and indulging before I got pregnant to consciously eating a more healthy diet, so probably would have gained if I had carried on as before.

Manc451 Sun 07-Apr-13 16:31:04

Thanks all, it seems like there's a lot of variation. Decided I'd better hit the unhealthy snacks on the head (she says with a large piece of chocolate cake next to her!) - it's going to go on at some point and best not to overdo it...just need the 'morning' sickness to ease off now!

Christelle2207 Sun 07-Apr-13 18:57:27

I'm 23 weeks and only just started to put on weight. Baby normal at 20week scan, and I have a clear bump!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now