Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

How did you tell?

(29 Posts)
Saundy Wed 27-Mar-13 08:00:12

I recon I'm telling my parents & siblings on Sunday & anticipate it will be a huge shock/surprise to them.

We've always been adamant we don't want kids & so nobody knew DP & I even particularly liked children never mind had decided to try for one.

Massively nervous so looking for a fun way to tell people or just to hear your funny stories of telling to calm me down a bit (I love a good story!).

Had always imagined I'd have a bump to show them & it'd be kind've a ta-da! moment, but events have conspired against me & I'll be telling at 8 weeks.

So yes it'd be great if you could let me rip you off inspire me grin

TakingTheStairs Tue 02-Apr-13 15:40:11

Ninja, why on earth did she think you had a letter from the midwife if you weren't pregnant? Genuine question. Did she think they were hinting strongly or something?

sailinggirlie Tue 02-Apr-13 19:46:01

I wanted to do a big announcement to my family, but we were all on an xmas skiing holiday and they knew before I did. (smile) I was shattered and just felt 'wrong'. They'd all had a 'chat' before xmas day and agreed to hide booze from me all day till I realised! Lol! Thing was, I'd done a pregnancy test which came up as negative before we left to go there, so I was convinced I wasn't... Finally did a french test, read it wrong, went back to it and freaked! Then told hubby, he told them and they all said "thanks god for that, it was getting really hard to drink all your champers" (wink) All on xmas day! Good pressie huh?!

Hubbys family, we waited until 10 weeks, then went to visit for his mum's 60th and he just casually asked them how they felt about being grandparents to their first grandson (his bro's child), then said it was good they enjoyed it because they'd soon have double the work.... they were awfully confused and it took them a while to cotton on! (grin)

Facebook announcement was simply OVbunEN... (wink) didn't want to do one, but proved the easiest way to let everyone know.

Saundy Wed 03-Apr-13 09:10:16

That sounds about right ninja it was the last possible explanation fir my mum too (in the 90 seconds she had to figure it out!).

That's really funny Sailing I love your FB status too - totally gonna tax that one!

Because my mum is a bit slow bless her! I knew it would take a minute. With ds I handed her the pregnancy test and she looked at it for a couple of minutes before it clicked.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now